77-44, the law passes - marriage equality in New Zealand :) - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Should Gay Marriage be legal?

Yes (please explain your thoughts below) 187 87.38%
No, on religious grounds 15 7.01%
No (please explain your thoughts below) 12 5.61%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jul 26th, 2012, 01:10 PM   #46
country flag Onslow

Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of
Re: Do you support Gay Marriage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshualdo View Post
Noone seems to respect the bible these days.
you actually believe in an invisible man who created the world
Onslow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 26th, 2012, 01:18 PM   #47
country flag égalité

égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslow View Post
demonstrating is a basic right, not discrimination. by the way, try to gay-marry in a mosque

if you look at statistics, marriage looks like money-making device for many women. they marry men who make much more than them, then divorce and take their money. so "sanctity of marriage" is long gone and poor argument against "gay marriage"...
So when the KKK marches down the street, they're not discriminating against anyone? It's possible for something to be a "basic right" and "discrimination" at the same time.

If you want to talk about statistics, I'm actually teaching statistics at a university right now, so I'd love to see where you're getting that information about marriage being a "money-making device" for women. Also, I thought you said marriage was about having children. Which is it?
Bitttchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh You Better Pay It Honey! The Devil Is A Liar!!!!! Bitches Get Interviews And Shit? Where They Do That At Honey? Girls Are Late Honey!!!! The Queen Needs To Get Into It Honey Cause The Girls Is Late Out Here! Yes Honey Im Throwing Epic Shade!

Management!
égalité is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 01:19 PM   #48
country flag Yoncé
On His Mouth Like Liquor

Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshualdo View Post
Have you read the bible? I don't think so.
Have you?

Leviticus 19:19 reads, "You are to keep My statutes. You shall not breed together two kinds of your cattle; you shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor wear a garment upon you of two kinds of material mixed together."

Timothy 2:9 Likewise, I want women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments."

Leviticus 11:10 reads, "But whatever is in the seas and in the rivers that does not have fins and scales among all the teeming life of the water, and among all the living creatures that are in the water, they are detestable things to you." And shellfish is right in that wheelhouse.

Leviticus 11:8, which is discussing pigs, reads "You shall not eat of their flesh nor touch their carcasses; they are unclean to you."

Also if you have ever had a round haircut I have more bad news for you.
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 01:24 PM   #49
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Oh boy, Bible study!
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 01:24 PM   #50
country flag Onslow

Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by égalité View Post
So when the KKK marches down the street, they're not discriminating against anyone? It's possible for something to be a "basic right" and "discrimination" at the same time.

If you want to talk about statistics, I'm actually teaching statistics at a university right now, so I'd love to see where you're getting that information about marriage being a "money-making device" for women. Also, I thought you said marriage was about having children. Which is it?
look at divorce rates and which way child support money is flowing... so it's not one or the other.
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 01:53 PM   #51
country flag Kworb
Most Loved Member

Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslow View Post
homosexuals can marry opposite sex too, so no discrimination there. marriage is not about love, it's an institution for manufacturing children...
Gay couples can also raise kids just fine. Marriage is nothing but the government recognizing a union between two people who have expressed a desire to spend their life together, and giving them benefits. The only question is if you think gay couples deserve this recognition as much as straight couples.

SERENA WILLIAMS 64 75
AGNIESZKA RADWANSKA 61 57 60 LAUREN DAVIS 60 76
Kworb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 01:59 PM   #52
country flag LoveFifteen
Gone with the Wind fabulous!

LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miching~Mallecho View Post
Not really.
Really? Why not? Just wondering.

=============

I support gay marriage when it comes to governmental marriage. Religions are free to do whatever they want in their house of worship, but they do not have the right to control what happens in the courthouse. If that were the case, then religions that prohibited divorce would have the right to make divorce illegal because it was against their beliefs. Good Catholics aren't supposed to "support" divorced people getting remarried, but they'd never expect the government to make it illegal. It's the same for gay marriage.
LoveFifteen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 02:02 PM   #53
country flag supergrunt

supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute

I would like people who don't have a religious objection to give a solid, logical reason for why they don't support gay marriage. I have yet to hear any...
supergrunt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 02:02 PM   #54
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kworb View Post
Gay couples can also raise kids just fine. Marriage is nothing but the government recognizing a union between two people who have expressed a desire to spend their life together, and giving them benefits. The only question is if you think gay couples deserve this recognition as much as straight couples.
Very clear statement of the issue being discussed. A lot of irrelevant nonsense being dragged into this discussion, but this is the issue, plain and simple.
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 02:07 PM   #55
country flag WixsonFan

WixsonFan is just really nice WixsonFan is just really nice WixsonFan is just really nice WixsonFan is just really nice WixsonFan is just really nice WixsonFan is just really nice WixsonFan is just really nice WixsonFan is just really nice WixsonFan is just really nice WixsonFan is just really nice WixsonFan is just really nice

Yes, all of us are equal, nobody should suffer from any forms of discrimination
WixsonFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 02:12 PM   #56
country flag Onslow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kworb View Post
the key difference between marriage and civil union is children and possible adoption. why does the government (or church) give recognition to marriage in the first place? children. i think the government should ensure the right to both biological parents for children. and marriage is the unit where the children are produced. imo, lesbian couple can raise a child as long as biological father has the right to see the child and/or the child has the right to know who is her/his biological father.
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 02:18 PM   #57
country flag wta_zuperfann
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute

Equal Protection Clause applies to everyone.

Abraham Lincoln
wta_zuperfann is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 02:52 PM   #58
Miss Atomic Bomb
Up yours

Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute

Nope.

Not everyone deserves equal rights, especially if you are born with the gay disease you should be made to suffer for it. If gays marry all the children in the world will turn gay and enjoy the church abusing them, which we do not want (the enjoying part! the abusing part can and should stay).

Marriage should be between a man and a woman as it is a religious institution which definitely doesn't predate organized religion and is upheld by the likes of Kim Kardashian. Allowing promiscuous gays to marry will only lead to straight couples cheating on eachother and divorcing after 72 days.

Marriage is about having children and not about being with the person you love and part taking in a contract which protects you socially, economically and mentally. Gays can obviously not have children as children need a fatherly figure in their lives and we all know gays are girly and lesbians don't exist. Only heterosexual couples like Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger can have and look after the mental and physical well-being of their children.

Gay marriage will lead to bestiality as we all know gays only rape each other and there is no adult consent involved. Similarly, gay marriage will also lead to an increase in pedophilia, which as a religious institute is completely unacceptable.

Gay marriage will also lead to the divine retribution as we all know god hates fags and invented HIV, the Tsunami and earthquakes to get rid of them. So what if he missed the plot with Malaria and Cancer!

More importantly, parents will have to tell their kids about why their friend bill has 2 dads and AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!

Last edited by Miss Atomic Bomb : Jul 26th, 2012 at 03:02 PM.
Miss Atomic Bomb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 02:55 PM   #59
country flag Sally Struthers

Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute

Sure I support it because I don't give a rat's ass what you do in your own house... unless you have a meth lab next door to me. I do not want your house blowing up next to mine
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 03:11 PM   #60
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute

Why would someone who voted "no on religious grounds" not need or want to explain their view?

I haven't read the Bible in a few years, but I can't recall any quotations by Jesus where he disapproves of homosexuality or gay marriage?

I know there are a number of comments in Paul's letters, but I think any rational person can agree that the word of Paul, a non-divine mortal is not the same as the word of God.
Olórin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote