77-44, the law passes - marriage equality in New Zealand :) - Page 20 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Should Gay Marriage be legal?

Yes (please explain your thoughts below) 187 87.38%
No, on religious grounds 15 7.01%
No (please explain your thoughts below) 12 5.61%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 15th, 2013, 06:01 AM   #286
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you support Gay Marriage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
I hope it's just my poor English or an inability to recognize some sarcasm in this post, which wouldn't be the first time.

If not, you should thank the government for manipulating your parents into that horrible suspicious distraction. Otherwise, we wouldn't have you here posting.
It's not sarcasm at all.
Many children have been 'born out of wedlock' so I'm not sure what the relevance is. The government here actually wanted to introduce a 'marriage benefit' where married couples got x amount of pounds each year. Why do you think they want to promote marriage? Because it suits them to, as I said it keeps a lot of people preoccupied.

Although I did think you got the wrong idea, just because it suits the government doesn't mean I think marriage is 'horrible' or 'suspicious' but it does indeed restrict a lot of people.
I'm one of the few people who still cling on to the idea of marrying for love.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 15th, 2013, 06:02 AM   #287
country flag Stamp Paid
Sir Camaraderie

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post
It's not sarcasm at all.
Many children have been 'born out of wedlock' so I'm not sure what the relevance is. The government here actually wanted to introduce a 'marriage benefit' where married couples got x amount of pounds each year. Why do you think they want to promote marriage? Because it suits them to, as I said it keeps a lot of people preoccupied.
Preoccupied away from what?

██████████████████ʘ
Ashe. Gibson. Williams. Williams.
Stamp Paid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 06:08 AM   #288
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBV. View Post
Everything and anything.
The fact is that once they're married with kids their main concern is putting food on the table for them. You couldn't count the families where their only following of current affairs is watching half an hour of the ridiculously censored BBC news before work and maybe again in the afternoon. Politics and what the government do become of little relevance to them, they are really only concerned with their own bubble which is married family life.
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 06:10 AM   #289
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
From taking the governments down and ruling the world. you're not that naive to believe that single guys would go out, drink and fuck random girls if they weren't distracted.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 06:11 AM   #290
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Светльо View Post
... or both.

Let's face it, the most hardcore religious people are dumb as fuck quite limited intellectually hence their blind faith in all that non-sense. In most instances, while developing as a person you realise how full of hate, how illogical/not making sense every single religion is (OK, maybe there is like one or two exception but those cannot be categorised as a run-of-the-mill religion). Once you broaden your horizons and get some perspective it all falls into place.
Half the people talking about "broadening ones horizons" in this very thread are guilty the same kind of judgmental, parochial behaviour they criticise ("dumb as fuck", "an idiot" etc.).
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 06:13 AM   #291
country flag jameshazza

Quote:
From taking the governments down and ruling the world. you're not that naive to believe that single guys would go out, drink and fuck random girls if they weren't distracted.
!!
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 06:14 AM   #292
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
!!
Well, I'm sorry. I happen to see them more often than not.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 06:16 AM   #293
country flag Alejandrawrrr

Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Vika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kworb View Post
Yes of course. I think the "no because I don't support any marriage" response is even more annoying than the actual homophobic responses. Straight marriage exists and it's not going away. The discussion is about discrimination, not the institution itself.
Deserves a repost. No matter one's personal opinion on marriage it is probably going to be in our society for as long as humans are around, so the question is should gays have the same opportunity to partake in the union, regardless of whether or not YOU YOURSELF would.
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 06:16 AM   #294
country flag jameshazza

Quote:
Well, I'm sorry. I happen to see them more often than not.
No, while your post was funny, the was because you are choosing to take the 'single male' part of the post as the main point, when it is far from it, and refusing to look at the logic of the rest. I didn't deny it was cynical but it's the reality.
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 06:19 AM   #295
country flag Novichok

Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwiny Tyeka Cwer View Post
Half the people talking about "broadening ones horizons" in this very thread are guilty the same kind of judgmental, parochial behaviour they criticise ("dumb as fuck", "an idiot" etc.).
Me? I don't believe that I've ever said people should broaden their horizons. I do believe that when people argue for a position, their arguments shouldn't rely on dubious premises (like the existence of God, an interpretation of the Bible that posits that homosexuality is immoral, and the inerrancy of the Bible).
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 06:21 AM   #296
country flag Stamp Paid
Sir Camaraderie

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Everything and anything.
The fact is that once they're married with kids their main concern is putting food on the table for them. You couldn't count the families where their only following of current affairs is watching half an hour of the ridiculously censored BBC news before work and maybe again in the afternoon. Politics and what the government do become of little relevance to them, they are really only concerned with their own bubble which is married family life.
So you think the promotion of the "nuclear" family is just a device to allow the state to run amuck? Thats an interesting take.

What about the Revolutionary movements that have happened though, both recently and in the past. People were still tied to families and focused on putting food on the table then. In fact, concerns with the ability to put food on the table is one of the reasons why many people around the world do revolt.

██████████████████ʘ
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 06:23 AM   #297
country flag Cajka

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Enfant Sauvage View Post
those bets...
Deserves a repost. No matter one's personal opinion on marriage it is probably going to be in our society for as long as humans are around, so the question is should gays have the same opportunity to partake in the union, regardless of whether or not YOU YOURSELF would.
thank you. and, no matter how conservative it is, we must be realistic here. marriage is very important for kids adoption. unmarried heterosexual couples who want to adopt are discriminated. homosexual couples who want to adopt are... we need a new word for discriminated here.

Quote:
No, while your post was funny, the was because you are choosing to take the 'single male' part of the post as the main point, when it is far from it, and refusing to look at the logic of the rest. I didn't deny it was cynical but it's the reality.
I understood they were the major danger for government.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 06:29 AM   #298
country flag Stamp Paid
Sir Camaraderie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novichok View Post
Me? I don't believe that I've ever said people should broaden their horizons. I do believe that when people argue for a position, their arguments shouldn't rely on dubious premises (like the existence of God, an interpretation of the Bible that posits that homosexuality is immoral, and the inerrancy of the Bible).
Thats a specious position though, because what you consider a "dubious premise" is subjective and based on the limits of your own individual knowledge and experiences.

██████████████████ʘ
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 06:32 AM   #299
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute
Marriages actually provide interesting financial advantages and can be better for the kids indeed...... In France, at least.
debby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 06:34 AM   #300
country flag jameshazza

Quote:
So you think the promotion of the "nuclear" family is just a device to allow the state to run amuck? Thats an interesting take.

What about the Revolutionary movements that have happened though, both recently and in the past. People were still tied to families and focused on putting food on the table then. In fact, concerns with the ability to put food on the table is one of the reasons why many people around the world do revolt.
No, I don't think it's just a device to let the state do as they please. But I do think it's a perspective that isn't to be ignored when considering the political aspects of marriage. And while everything you said is correct, if the government is providing the jobs for the food then the nuclear families will be far less likely to pay attention to whatever goes on. If they aren't doing that then they are going to get shit from all walks of life in whatever country. And I don't mean it in the sense that everything the government does is shady as fuck and they're doing it under the people's noses, in some ways it can benefit the running of the country. If there's less scrutiny yeah shady things can be slipped through but it also allows other policies to be passed more smoothly without excessive public debate over non-issues.

And I didn't mean single males as in being responsible for every revolution, I meant by and large they've been the most likely to say 'WTF? Hold on a minute here.' but definitely not the only ones.