77-44, the law passes - marriage equality in New Zealand :) - Page 19 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Should Gay Marriage be legal?

Yes (please explain your thoughts below) 187 87.38%
No, on religious grounds 15 7.01%
No (please explain your thoughts below) 12 5.61%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 14th, 2013, 01:51 PM   #271
country flag semprelibera

semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future
Re: Do you support Gay Marriage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrollaneres25 View Post
I don't. I believe in the original and whole way of God's intent between a man and a woman, although I struggle with same-gender attraction
There are so many things to say to you, but so I don't get accused of bashing, I'll just say this
Many people have been in your situation. I was myself. I'm not just some god hating gay (actually I am).
Examine for yourself. Critically. Read the Bible and see who says what and in what circumstances. For some to believe that believer=against gay marriage is lazy. It's like saying believer=no evolution.

Self hate sucks. Wish you all the best.
semprelibera is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 14th, 2013, 01:53 PM   #272
country flag Geertvg
Team WTAworld

Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by semprelibera View Post
Let me guess. It's all done in love right? No condemnation and judgement just love. Love the sinner but not his butt-fucking ways?
Vote so they can't get amarried and havve access to thouands of rights afforded to heterosexuals... all in the name of love?

So obnoxious lol.
Yeah, all based on a fictional book that was written more than a thousand years ago (even written a looong time after the supposed facts happened). As if civilizations don't evolve. I thought loving someone was one of the most important christian values. But even denying a civil wedding and thinking religion still has a say in everyday's laws is rather... Obnoxious indeed

Last.fm
Geertvg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 02:28 PM   #273
country flag Expat

Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloque View Post
We're mostly talking civil marriage Religion has no words to say about that. Believer or not, religion is not an acceptable excuse to refuse gay people a civil marriage.
The Mormons were denied their religious duty to follow polygamy by society (at least in America) mostly due to the religious beliefs of the majority. So society can regulate civil gay marriages and even outlaw it (speaking in an American context). I am not sure how the rest of the world works but in America there is nothing in the constitution that says that gay marriage should be valid. Decision to grant marriage will be decided by the legislature or voted upon by the people.
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 06:03 PM   #274
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geertvg View Post
I'm proud to be one of those to see that religion causes nothing but hatred and discrimination, rather than love. This is once again another proof of that. Wake up and smell the coffee people. Religion was invented by the rich and famous thousands of years ago to control the masses. And it still is.
Couldnt have said it better myself
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 06:08 PM   #275
country flag delicatecutter

delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute

Organized religion is evil. It breaks my heart to see people actively trying to suppress or deny their feelings for fear of going to hell. It's not worth it! Jroll

Suicide Champion: 2013 Miami; 2012 Doha; 2011 Dubai; 2010 Indian Wells, Bad Gastein; 2008 Melbourne, New Haven, Prague; 2007 Toronto
PAW Champion: 2012 Tokyo, Moscow; 2011 Roland Garros; 2010 Bali, Portoroz
TT Doubles Champion (with Djezonfly): 2012 Melbourne, 2011 Estoril
My Twitter
delicatecutter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 06:40 PM   #276
country flag Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novichok View Post
^You're an idiot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
Or a believer
... or both.

Let's face it, the most hardcore religious people are dumb as fuck quite limited intellectually hence their blind faith in all that non-sense. In most instances, while developing as a person you realise how full of hate, how illogical/not making sense every single religion is (OK, maybe there is like one or two exception but those cannot be categorised as a run-of-the-mill religion). Once you broaden your horizons and get some perspective it all falls into place.
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 06:52 PM   #277
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Светльо View Post
... or both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Светльо View Post
Let's face it, the most hardcore religious people are dumb as fuck quite limited intellectually hence their blind faith in all that non-sense.
Dogmatic people are completely irrational. But it's not like you can be a big believer and opened-minded at the same time. What I hate the most are hypocrites. Those who never even read The Bible, but they still use religion to justify their hate.
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 07:37 PM   #278
country flag Novichok

Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expat View Post
The Mormons were denied their religious duty to follow polygamy by society (at least in America) mostly due to the religious beliefs of the majority. So society can regulate civil gay marriages and even outlaw it (speaking in an American context). I am not sure how the rest of the world works but in America there is nothing in the constitution that says that gay marriage should be valid. Decision to grant marriage will be decided by the legislature or voted upon by the people.
No one's denying that "society can regulate civil gay marriages and even outlaw it". The question is whether society ought to outlaw it and if there are good arguments for outlawing it. There are none.

*Also, there's nothing in the Constitution that says that interracial marriage should be allowed. Yet, the Supreme Court ruled that it should be allowed.
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 07:52 PM   #279
country flag Expat

Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novichok View Post
No one's denying that "society can regulate civil gay marriages and even outlaw it". The question is whether society ought to outlaw it and if there are good arguments for outlawing it. There are none.

*Also, there's nothing in the Constitution that says that interracial marriage should be allowed. Yet, the Supreme Court ruled that it should be allowed.
14th amendment forbids discrimination on the basis of race/ethnicity not gender or orientation. And the same SC has Baker V Nelson as the controlling opinion so far. In a democracy majority opinion is good enough for any argument.

Last edited by Expat : Feb 14th, 2013 at 08:08 PM.
Expat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 08:16 PM   #280
country flag Novichok

Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expat View Post
14th amendment forbids discrimination on the basis of race/ethnicity not gender or orientation. And the same SC has Baker V Nelson as the controlling opinion so far. In a democracy majority opinion is good enough for any argument.
The 14th amendment does not mention race or ethnicity. But it does say "No state shall ... deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws." Read this if you have time: http://www.aclu.org/pdfs/about/right...n_chapter1.pdf

There is considerable debate within legal academia as to how to interpret the Constitution, viz., whether it's a living or dead document.

And no, majority opinion is not good enough for any argument. If 50.1% of people believe that it's okay to kill everyone under 10 years old, it doesn't follow that we should kill everyone under 10 years old.

Last edited by Novichok : Feb 14th, 2013 at 08:28 PM.
Novichok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 03:06 AM   #281
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
Or a believer

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
A believer in what, self-denial and choosing to be a tortured soul? Surely not some type of religion.
How can you devote yourself to something fully, while at the same time refuse to stand in the full truth of who you are?
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 03:49 AM   #282
country flag Deestruction
Two-timing...

Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute

No. I dont support it. To be honest i dont like marriages period. No one should have marriage. Its like being a slave whore to their master.

No one deserves that kind of crazyness. Marriages brainwashes people to believe that its a better thing in life but later on it turns out to be the most sicken thing that ever existed.

http://deestruction.tumblr.com/
Deestruction is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 04:06 AM   #283
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

I think a lot of it depends on how you look at marriage, if you look at it from the love perspective then of course. Religion has no claim to ownership of love.
Also, the catholic church's own teaching is contradictory in the sense that they teach the sacrament comes from within ie. it is the people who marry themselves. That's the way it was done thousand of years ago. People married themselves if they were that much in love. No God, no bible, no BS.

But I can see where people like Deestruction come from too when you look at how most marriages are.
Also at the risk of being cynical and controversial, these days marriage is really just another way for governments to control society. Once you have the spouse and the kids your life revolves around them, you are distracted. The greatest threat to a government has pretty much always been the masses of young single males. I'm not being sexist in saying that, but women haven't had a voice really until recently and of course they are just as loud these days. So I would hate for all our valiant Queens to grow timid.

If you look at it from an equality perspective, then no question it's a yes.
Religious stance? Marriage is not religious, they have no argument.

I'll definitely be interested to see what the numbers are like for gay marriage in the coming years considering the overall numbers are decreasing and the abysmal divorce rate.
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 04:07 AM   #284
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deestruction View Post
No. I dont support it. To be honest i dont like marriages period. No one should have marriage. Its like being a slave whore to their master.

No one deserves that kind of crazyness. Marriages brainwashes people to believe that its a better thing in life but later on it turns out to be the most sicken thing that ever existed.
At least that's simple. Don't get married.

But some people want to. And people should be allowed to decide whether they want to get married or not, regardless of their sexuality. Some people don't want to have a family and that's also fine. But don't take that right away from those who want. And when you want to adopt a kid, being unmarried is kinda obstacle.
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 04:32 AM   #285
country flag Cajka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post
Also at the risk of being cynical and controversial, these days marriage is really just another way for governments to control society. Once you have the spouse and the kids your life revolves around them, you are distracted. The greatest threat to a government has pretty much always been the masses of young single males.
I hope it's just my poor English or an inability to recognize some sarcasm in this post, which wouldn't be the first time.

If not, you should thank the government for manipulating your parents into that horrible suspicious distraction. Otherwise, we wouldn't have you here posting.

Last edited by Cajka : Feb 15th, 2013 at 04:41 AM.
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote