77-44, the law passes - marriage equality in New Zealand :) - Page 17 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Should Gay Marriage be legal?

Yes (please explain your thoughts below) 187 87.38%
No, on religious grounds 15 7.01%
No (please explain your thoughts below) 12 5.61%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 13th, 2013, 02:26 PM   #241
country flag swissmr

swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you support Gay Marriage?

Tbh I just laugh at the people who are against gay marriage in England because everyone knows it will happen eventually
And it won't be long before people look back and laugh disbelievingly at the time when the whole country had to 'decide' whether gay people should be 'allowed' to get married.
swissmr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 13th, 2013, 02:56 PM   #242
country flag semprelibera

semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future

I refuse to believe Hippityhop is so basic as to not understand the slippery slope fallacy, which can only mean he is trolling: 1/10
semprelibera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 03:11 PM   #243
country flag HippityHop

HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novichok View Post
1. It's obvious that group marriage is quite different than a two-person marriage. I don't see how anyone could deny this.

2. There are pragmatic legal issues concerning group marriage. Current law can easily accommodate a two-person same-sex marriage. But if more people are added into the equation, then many laws/benefits would have to be changed.

3. The most cogent argument for same-sex marriage doesn't rely on the truth of the premise that "people should be able to marry whomever they love". It relies on the premises that same-sex marriage (and homosexuality) isn't inherently harmful and denying same-sex marriage rights is denying a group of people (gay people) equal rights. I don't believe that an equal rights argument can be made w.r.t. polygamous marriage.

I do support polygamous marriage. But there seems to be a (widely held) belief that one's support of same-sex marriage commits them to supporting polygamous marriage. That's not at all true.
There are many places in the world where there is polygamy and they seem to have no problem with setting their laws to accommodate same.

I'm for anybody getting married who wants to get married and that includes close relatives.

The world will ask you who you are, and if you don't know, they will tell you.
HippityHop is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 03:14 PM   #244
country flag HippityHop

HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by semprelibera View Post
I refuse to believe Hippityhop is so basic as to not understand the slippery slope fallacy, which can only mean he is trolling: 1/10
I have stated my case. The only way that you can refute my stance on allowing any and all marriages even those between close relatives (brothers and sisters as per ancient Egyptian royalty etc.) is not by anything logical but by your own dislike of it. If you have a logical reason to be against what I said, state it and stop deflecting. Otherwise STFU.

Old Feb 13th, 2013, 03:48 PM   #245

semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippityHop View Post
I have stated my case. The only way that you can refute my stance on allowing any and all marriages even those between close relatives (brothers and sisters as per ancient Egyptian royalty etc.) is not by anything logical but by your own dislike of it. If you have a logical reason to be against what I said, state it and stop deflecting. Otherwise STFU.
SMH at your pleading for logic while using illogical reasoning to bait posters into off-topic arguments.
Aint nobody got time for that.
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 05:27 PM   #246
country flag HippityHop

Quote:
SMH at your pleading for logic while using illogical reasoning to bait posters into off-topic arguments.
Aint nobody got time for that.
Not pleading for anything. You're the one who claimed that I was trolling when in fact I argue for as much liberty for as many people as possible as long as that liberty does not hurt anyone else. And until I see someone else's marriage hurting others I'll continue to hold my position.

But let the record show for all to see that you cannot refute one word that I stated. And your claiming that you don't have time for that (though you clearly have time to dance around my argument) doesn't change that fact.

If you can't address the argument why weigh in at all? Just shake your head and keep it moving.

I'm OK with that.

Old Feb 13th, 2013, 05:48 PM   #247
country flag NoppaNoppa

NoppaNoppa has a brilliant future NoppaNoppa has a brilliant future NoppaNoppa has a brilliant future NoppaNoppa has a brilliant future NoppaNoppa has a brilliant future NoppaNoppa has a brilliant future NoppaNoppa has a brilliant future NoppaNoppa has a brilliant future NoppaNoppa has a brilliant future NoppaNoppa has a brilliant future NoppaNoppa has a brilliant future

Yes.

Why? My right wing brain tells that all are FREE to make their own choice
NoppaNoppa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 11:39 PM   #248

Quote:
Not pleading for anything. You're the one who claimed that I was trolling when in fact I argue for as much liberty for as many people as possible as long as that liberty does not hurt anyone else. And until I see someone else's marriage hurting others I'll continue to hold my position.

But let the record show for all to see that you cannot refute one word that I stated. And your claiming that you don't have time for that (though you clearly have time to dance around my argument) doesn't change that fact.

If you can't address the argument why weigh in at all? Just shake your head and keep it moving.

I'm OK with that.
"let the record show"... someone takes themselves too seriously
I will be happy to discuss gay marriage with you. What I will not do is indulge your lazy slippery slope trolling, talking about incest and polygamy
Peace.
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 11:43 PM   #249
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I'd like the abolition of all civil marriage and individuals could draw up their own unique marital contract with lawyers that wouldn't be state regulated but since that will NEVER happen then yes I'm for gay marriage.

Marriage is merely a legally binding document between two people, frankly whether you're in love or not is irrelevant and whether you can both pro-create is irrelevant.

Frankly I'm amazed excluding two people of the same gender from this contract hasn't been interpreted as gender discrimination anywhere in the world because that's what it seems to be.

Léigh anois go cúramach ar do scrúdpháipéar na treoracha agus na ceisteanna a gahbann le cuid A
KournikovaFan91 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 12:19 AM   #250
country flag HippityHop

Quote:
"let the record show"... someone takes themselves too seriously
I will be happy to discuss gay marriage with you. What I will not do is indulge your lazy slippery slope trolling, talking about incest and polygamy
Peace.
I'm not making a slippery slope argument. You clearly don't know what a slippery slope argument is so let me explain it to you. That sort of argument says that if we allow gay marriage it will lead to polygamy etc. That is not my argument. In fact I'm not even making an argument. I am stating my position which is that anyone who wants to marry in any configurarion should be free to do so. And if that's not clear to you that also includes two or more gay people getting married. Therefore there is nothing to discuss concerning gay marriage from my point of view. I'm for it.

Now if you object to my support of other types of marriage, that's fine. But be honest and say that you believe that people should only be free to engage in what you agree with and not to engage in what you don't agree with.

Now if you can show me how someone else's marriage does harm to others I'm perfectly willing to reconsider my position.

Old Feb 14th, 2013, 12:54 AM   #251

Quote:
I'm for it.
Thanks for playing.
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 05:51 AM   #252
country flag jrollaneres25

jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't. I believe in the original and whole way of God's intent between a man and a woman, although I struggle with same-gender attraction
Matthew 14:28 Then Peter called to him, “Lord, if it’s really you, tell me to come to you, walking on the water.”
29 “Yes, come,” Jesus said.
I am a pretty big Veeliver of Venus Williams, but I'm a FOLLOWER of

Jesus Christ!!
jrollaneres25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 05:52 AM   #253
country flag jrollaneres25

jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm proud to say that I'm one of the 11 people that voted no
Matthew 14:28 Then Peter called to him, “Lord, if it’s really you, tell me to come to you, walking on the water.”
29 “Yes, come,” Jesus said.
I am a pretty big Veeliver of Venus Williams, but I'm a FOLLOWER of

Jesus Christ!!
jrollaneres25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 06:15 AM   #254
country flag Novichok

Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute

^You're an idiot.
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 11:01 AM   #255
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novichok View Post
^You're an idiot.
Or a believer

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote