RIP Chrissie Amphlett 1959 - 2013 Aussie Music Legend - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 12:37 PM   #1
country flag Ziggy Starduck
No Place

Ziggy Starduck has a reputation beyond repute Ziggy Starduck has a reputation beyond repute Ziggy Starduck has a reputation beyond repute Ziggy Starduck has a reputation beyond repute Ziggy Starduck has a reputation beyond repute Ziggy Starduck has a reputation beyond repute Ziggy Starduck has a reputation beyond repute Ziggy Starduck has a reputation beyond repute Ziggy Starduck has a reputation beyond repute Ziggy Starduck has a reputation beyond repute Ziggy Starduck has a reputation beyond repute
RIP Chrissie Amphlett 1959 - 2013 Aussie Music Legend

AUSTRALIAN rock singer Chrissy Amphlett has lost her battle with breast cancer.

Amphlett, aged 53, passed away in her adopted home of New York with husband Charley Drayton.

The singer, who fronted rock band Divinyls, had fought breast cancer as well as suffering from Multiple Sclerosis.

She was also Australia's first rock chick.

Her cousin, Patricia 'Little Pattie' Thompson and family have released the following statement.

“Our beloved Chrissy peacefully made her transition this morning. Christine Joy Amphlett succumbed to the effects of breast cancer and multiple sclerosis, diseases she vigorously fought with exceptional bravery and dignity. She passed gently, in her sleep, surrounded by close friends and family, including husband of fourteen years, musician Charley Drayton, her sister, Leigh, nephew, Matt, and cousin Patricia Thompson ("Little Pattie").

"Chrissy's light burns so very brightly. Hers was a life of passion and creativity; she always lived it to the fullest. With her force of character and vocal strength she paved the way for strong, sexy, outspoken women. Best remembered as the lead singer of the ARIA Hall of Fame inductee, Divinyls, last month she was named one of Australia's top ten singers of all time. Chrissy expressed hope that her worldwide hit I Touch Myself would remind women to perform annual breast examinations. Chrissy was a true pioneer and a treasure to all whose lives her music and spirit touched."

Many of you may not know who she is but you'll possibly know this song from her days in the Divinyls

An Australian music legend

Advertisement

Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 01:53 PM   #2
country flag Super Dave

Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute
Re: RIP Chrissie Amphlett 1959 - 2013 Aussie Music Legend

I Touch Myself was a big hit here; basically Divinyl's only one in the US... I wasn't aware of her rich career in Australia. Sounds like she went through a lot RIP.
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 02:03 PM   #3
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Dave View Post
I Touch Myself was a big hit here; basically Divinyl's only one in the US... I wasn't aware of her rich career in Australia. Sounds like she went through a lot RIP.
Loved I Touch Myself. The video ( directed by a young Michael Bay ) was one of the sexiest of the 90s... RIP
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 03:04 PM   #4
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Boys in town was my favourite song of theirs! RIP...What a legend.

Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 03:29 PM   #5
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Much respect. I remember the punk-rockers playing Divinyl's stuff for me back in the day. She had the fierceness. Boys in Town and I Touch Myself are classics.
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 03:42 PM   #6
country flag Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future

Apart from maybe their best known songs: Pleasure and Pain and I Touch Myself they had quite a few hits in Australia. Some of the other songs I like:

RIP

All time favourite: Anna Chakvetadze

Will my weakness for an hour, make me suffer for a life time?
Invisible Fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 06:02 PM   #7
country flag Drake1980

Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute

very sad news
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 02:12 PM   #8
country flag wta_zuperfann
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute

Sad news.

"I Touch Myself" was a popular song here in the Twin Cities that was often played at baseball parks before the games started. It sure livened up the crowd.

Abraham Lincoln
wta_zuperfann is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote