Mirjana: 2012 American summer - Page 35 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 8th, 2012, 09:47 PM   #511
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of
Re: Mirjana: 2012 American summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennismaster8820 View Post
^^
BMS lost to Madison Keys who is in great form.
It would be equaly hard for Mirjana.
I think Mirjana can beat Keys. Keys is very young and may not have the patience to wait out Mirjana's powerfull but sometimes erratic game. I would think Mattek-Sands would be the tougher opponent for Lucic. We'll see.
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 8th, 2012, 10:27 PM   #512
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Mirjana in the QF

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic12 View Post
Does anyone know why her points did not change on BoiledEgg's ranking list? She had 626 points before he added the 14 and after (which I would think should be 640?). Is this a mistake? Or does this tournament not count or something? Of course today's win should give her 16 more points or 656 total) making her ranking 102. But maybe there is something I am missing here.
Probably because the 14 points she got by reaching R2 is still lower than her 16th best result (taking into account the mandatory events).
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2012, 10:30 PM   #513
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Mirjana's match tomorrow is the only one not being played in the stadium

http://assets.usta.com/assets/1/15/Phoenix_OP.pdf
Old Nov 8th, 2012, 10:45 PM   #514
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of

That's dumb that they are not being placed on stadium (well, it's a challenger, so I wouldn't say stadium, more like center court) - Madison Keys is an upcoming American player, and this has the potential of being very competitive, so dumb move tournament organizers. Why would they put a doubles match on center court over this?
Old Nov 8th, 2012, 10:48 PM   #515
country flag SERVivor

The only thing I can think of is they don't want to give anyone too little rest for the match on Sat. so no third match on center court.
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 12:00 AM   #516
xcrtbckhnd

xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future

Great win with good chance to keep going further!
xcrtbckhnd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 12:02 AM   #517
country flag jaylucic

jaylucic is just really nice jaylucic is just really nice jaylucic is just really nice jaylucic is just really nice jaylucic is just really nice jaylucic is just really nice jaylucic is just really nice jaylucic is just really nice jaylucic is just really nice jaylucic is just really nice jaylucic is just really nice

good luck in the next match! keep going..
jaylucic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 12:40 AM   #518
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

her and donna are fighting for a top100 finish!
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 07:34 AM   #519
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
her and donna are fighting for a top100 finish!
Whoah. You are correct. And you know Mirjana realizes this. And she doesn't like it one bit. She's a proud character. I expect she'll come out firing against Keys, with all her power on display.

Could be a wreck ... Could be a win. But she'll be at full power tomorrow.
mikireturns is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 10:47 AM   #520
country flag Sherpard

Sherpard is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: Mirjana: 2012 American summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
Mirjana in the QF

Probably because the 14 points she got by reaching R2 is still lower than her 16th best result (taking into account the mandatory events).
So far Mirjana has a best16 of 638 pts = #107

And if...

Semifinal b16-658 = #105
Final b16-686 = #100
Winner b16-718 = #93

Obviously everything is based on this week ranking.
Karatancheva, Tsurenko and Puchova are gonna losing enough points to finish behind Lucic, so she'll probably reach at least #104.

Let's see and good luck!
Sherpard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 02:39 PM   #521
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

If she loses today she'll be #104 next week.
SF= #102
F= #98
W= #94
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 07:40 PM   #522
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Just watched Graf match form 99. One easy volley she missed to lose that second set...
If she didn't who knows where she would be today.
But, again, she's on court, probably figthing.. go miki
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 09:01 PM   #523
country flag tennisfanML09

tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice

i just hope mirjana is not injured... also, i hope she'll won this match too... this is great opp. for mirjana to gain some confidence back and just to squeeze into top 100 again... to be honest, i was scared about her first match against kudryavtseva and it seams to me that training with Prpich is showing results already.... the ultimate test will come at the begining of the year-couple of tournaments at the begining of the year and ofcourse AO where, i hope, she secured MD.... if she still has the hunger she still can make some nice results like Wimbledon this year... i truely hope for better begining of the season than this year....
tennisfanML09 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 11:34 PM   #524
country flag networthy

Ugh, Mirjana lost, 57 16. I thought she would win this. I'm very disappointed--it was a good chance to reach a $75K SF.
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 12:07 AM   #525
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

yikes, that's not good