Mirjana: 2012 American summer - Page 34 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 7th, 2012, 10:35 PM   #496
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mirjana: 2012 American summer

Excellent comeback in third set!
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 7th, 2012, 10:41 PM   #497
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of

wow. typical for Lucic. Glad i can't get bet365. I only saw the game scores updated on another site. I noticed it was 5-4 Lucic for about 15 minutes. LOL. Easily winning 5-1 30-0 then strugles to close out first set. Loses 9 of 10 games. Then wins 5 of 6. Then struggles to break for the win. Can't do it. Then, wins final two games just when it looked like she blew it. ROLLER COASTER.
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 10:45 PM   #498
Kathy Rinaldi

Kathy Rinaldi has disabled reputation

Nice comeback from a double break down in the 3rd set at 0-3 from Lucic. Miki needed a long injury timeout at 0-3 in the 3rd so this shows she's determined to fight in what looks like her last event of the year. One last big 2012 push then you can rest and train kiddo
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 11:02 PM   #499
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Very nice win for Mirjana. Not only for the way she came back in the third set but also because Kudryavtseva is very talented. She's far from her best but reached #56 in 2010 and is having a good month: singles SF and doubles W at Saguenay $50K, then singles QF and doubles W at Toronto $50K, both late last month.
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 11:04 PM   #500
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

R2 is against Duque Marino (140, CH 94) or Boserup (316, CH 174).
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 11:05 PM   #501
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of

If she took that injury timeout, then proceeded to win 5 of 6 games, I think it may have been a ploy to get her head together. Hey, whatever it takes. I doubt she's seriously injured if she was able to come back like that.
Old Nov 8th, 2012, 02:29 AM   #502
country flag networthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
R2 is against Duque Marino (140, CH 94) or Boserup (316, CH 174).
It's against Boserup in R2; she beat DM in 3.

Please win this, Mirjana!
Old Nov 8th, 2012, 02:59 AM   #503
country flag kfh_9118

kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute

Was hoping she will face Duque Marino for revenge last week.
But hopefully this is better opponent for Miki.

And she's the last remaining seeded player in the bottom half, but it's gonna be hard to get past Mattek Sands, if she wins her 2nd Rd.

Good luck, Miki

=Good luck to my favourite players: Mirjana Lucic, Elena Dementieva, Li Na, Maria Kirilenko, Daniela Hantuchova, Vera Zvonareva, Zheng Jie, Venus Williams =
kfh_9118 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2012, 03:45 PM   #504
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

Woof. I ought to have dental surgery more often. (NOT!)

Completely missed the Lucic drama-ride.

Very lovely win for Mirjana, and I had been a bit worried about it beforehand. Alla is dangerous and had been playing well in other challengers, as noted.

And I presume Mattek-Sands beat Oudin? I saw that coming -- Melanie doesn't like to play her.

Well, interestingly enough (to me, anyhow), I had good chance to closely observe both Boserup and Mattek-Sands year before last in Stanford. Actually sat for the duration of their matches. Boserup was playing none other than Alexandra Stevenson (this was qualifying) and frankly didn't need to do a whole lot to win a tight, sort of ugly match.

Boserup is a very generic, garden-variety journey woman. Nothing really stands out about her. She's sort of "just there." No disrespect intended to Boserup.

Mirjana, however, has lost to her in the past, I believe ... But I think that was when she was going through one of her periods where she really couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

A fit, focused Mirjana will beat Boserup, but she has to be mentally sharp.

Kinda bummed she doesn't get to cream Duque-Marino, but winning the dubs title against her is enough mental retribution, I suspect ... And it's probably best not to face a mental derailment quite so soon.

More interesting will be how she matches up against Mattek-Sands. The impression I got from watching her "live courtside" is pretty much grit. She was a gritty, all-purpose fighter. Kind of like Mary Joe Fernandez-type for those who remember Mary Joe from her playing days. Sands was playing Jamie Hampton, as I recall, and I think she beat her ... But I had watched Mirjana play her matches and thought: "Wow ... These two [Hampton and Sands] don't have a shred of Mirjana's power." But, we shall see.

Mirjana on a good day can beat these girls. I am actually impressed with her win over Alla K.

I sorta thought she was going to stumble, there.

Onward, Lucic. Don't screw up against Boserup.

But Sands is certainly not as talented as Mary Joe was, and a Lucic in control of her serve and her nerve can blast her off the court. Could be another roller-coaster (gee ... Imagine that).
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2012, 04:34 PM   #505
country flag mic12

mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikireturns View Post
Mirjana, however, has lost to her in the past, I believe ... But I think that was when she was going through one of her periods where she really couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.
the head to head has them playing only once (this year) and Mirjana winning easily 62 63. I am hoping for a repeat!
mic12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2012, 04:47 PM   #506
country flag SERVivor

They played at Midland indoors right after Boserup had won a 25 K harcourt event. That 25 K was impressive as Boserup blew away some good players. Since then, she hasn't really done anything, losing mostly in the first round of numerous challengers - until the win yesterday. Mirjana should beat her.
Old Nov 8th, 2012, 07:28 PM   #507
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

She should beat Boserup. And if she does big match against BMS, I would pick Mirjana or Bethanie to win this title.
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2012, 08:56 PM   #508
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

^^
BMS lost to Madison Keys who is in great form.
It would be equaly hard for Mirjana.
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2012, 09:00 PM   #509
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, just saw that.
Miki won 61 64.
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2012, 10:21 PM   #510
country flag mic12

mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice

Yay Mirjana!!!
Does anyone know why her points did not change on BoiledEgg's ranking list? She had 626 points before he added the 14 and after (which I would think should be 640?). Is this a mistake? Or does this tournament not count or something? Of course today's win should give her 16 more points or 656 total) making her ranking 102. But maybe there is something I am missing here.
mic12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote