Mirjana: 2012 American summer - Page 33 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 5th, 2012, 02:36 PM   #481
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mirjana: 2012 American summer

It was a mistake to got to Asia as early as she did. She could/should have played 50k in Las Vegas and 75k in New Mexico she won 2 years ago(they had weaker field than Phoenix and she would get some nice points) and then probably, go to Asia for Osaka and these 2 WTA tournament ( ). But it easy to be smart now, she took a set of Voskoboeva in Tokyo, just missed QD in Beijjing. Lot of unlucky moments.
ajmo! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 5th, 2012, 07:53 PM   #482
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

She gets really tough draw in Arizona. Also not in doubles. Not sure if I'm expecting anything this week.
(5)Mirjana Lucic (CRO) v Alla Kudryavtseva (RUS)
Julia Boserup (USA) v Mariana Duque-Marino (COL)
Madison Keys (USA) v Q/LL
(3)Melanie Oudin (USA) v Bethanie Mattek-Sands (USA)
ajmo! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2012, 08:26 PM   #483
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
She gets really tough draw in Arizona. Also not in doubles. Not sure if I'm expecting anything this week.
(5)Mirjana Lucic (CRO) v Alla Kudryavtseva (RUS)
Julia Boserup (USA) v Mariana Duque-Marino (COL)
Madison Keys (USA) v Q/LL
(3)Melanie Oudin (USA) v Bethanie Mattek-Sands (USA)
Yep ... Tough draw, but she knows this is her last event of the season, she's in form, she knows she is pretty sure-fire for Australia, so I expect she'll be playing with a lot of motivation. Plus, there are some interesting variables in this draw. Mattek-Sands is streaky but capable of beating Oudin ... That's a tough first round for her.

Then Miki has a likely chance to get revenge against Duque-Marino, and the Phoenix club courts are good and fast. She has to want a juicy shot at bouncing Marino (like she was doing in Texas already!).

I always believe she can beat Oudin, and Sesil, and Giorgi ... And now de Brito.

As long as she does her best these days, and remains clearly motivated, it doesn't matter her results, to me.

So long as a player is enjoying and working hard, and she is -- otherwise she would not have been hooking up with Prpic.

One match at a time and we'll see. (And ... Yes, the earlier Challengers followed by Osaka and the 2 Asian events would have been optimum for her. Who knows why many of these players schedule as they do? I expect funds have much to do with it).
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2012, 09:00 PM   #484
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Wow, tough. Either way, I'm very encouraged that she's working with Prpic. If anything, it shows she's motivated and planning to play for a while yet (at least another year?).
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2012, 04:06 PM   #485
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold

Kudryavtseva used to be good, but she's hot and cold now - but capable of playing good on a given day. If Miki wins that I think Mattek-Sands is the toughest opponent she could face up to the Quarters.
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 07:55 PM   #486
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold

http://www.bet365.com/home/FlashGen4...27211621&stf=1

Match v. kydryavtseva on now. Mirjana up 5-3, was up 5-1.
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 07:56 PM   #487
country flag SERVivor

Mirjana wins first set 6-3.
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 07:56 PM   #488
country flag SERVivor

livescore also at: http://www.flashscore.com/tennis/itf...ngles/phoenix/
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 08:12 PM   #489
country flag SERVivor

Lucic down 0-2* in second set. looks like a typical roller coaster Lucic match.
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 09:15 PM   #490
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SERVivor View Post
Lucic down 0-2* in second set. looks like a typical roller coaster Lucic match.
Prescient call on your part. Mirjana lost the second set 16. Now leads 54 in the third

C'mon, Mirjana!
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 09:15 PM   #491
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

Mirjana 54* up in final set.
Last time I checked she was 0-3 down...
I wonder if she was even 0-4 down and won 5 games in a row
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 09:26 PM   #492
country flag networthy

It's now 5-5. Mirjana had at least one match point.
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 09:30 PM   #493
country flag networthy

Mirjana wins her service game at 30. She's now up 6-5.
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 09:33 PM   #494
country flag networthy

Another MP for Mirjana. This is her second one, at least.
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 09:34 PM   #495
country flag networthy

She wins!

Final score: 63 16 75