Mirjana: 2012 American summer - Page 32 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 4th, 2012, 07:53 PM   #466
ajmo!

ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future
Re: Mirjana: 2012 American summer

Have to go now. Anyway, I hope Miki doesn't blow this away. After all she was 5-3 up yesterday and lost both sets, so I hope D-Marino is not getting in her head.
Also, Mirjana has never won third set tb in doubles.
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 4th, 2012, 08:22 PM   #467
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

Mirjana and Elena won the doubles title 6-2 7-6. Good job -- and she leaves Texas with a title, a measure of mental revenge against Duque-Marino, and the knowledge that she got four strong matches in singles, with the hiccup against Duque Marino being somewhat mitigated by beating her in dubs for a title. All in all, she lived up to her seeding, could have won this event (I believe) and looks in fine fettle to end her year with verve in lovely Phoenix at the Goldwater event. Good luck, Lucic. Go for that Top 100 finish.
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 08:36 PM   #468
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

First doubles title for Mirjana since 1998, I believe...?
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 08:51 PM   #469
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Good luck to Mirjana in Phoenix. She's pretty much guaranteed to get into AO MD, and that was the most important thing.

Now, to finish in the top 100 she'll probably need to reach at least the SF. It won't be easy, as there are a lot of very good players--both established and promising--in the draw: Giorgi, Karatantcheva, Oudin, Bouchard, Keys, Min, etc., etc.

Mirjana seems to be playing well herself (7-1 this week in singles and doubles), so I'm hoping for at least two singles wins. Anyone know if she's playing doubles again?
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 08:54 PM   #470
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

first doubles title since she won AO and Tokyo back-to back...a bit of a step down, but we'll take it!
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 09:53 PM   #471
Kathy Rinaldi

Kathy Rinaldi has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
Also, Mirjana has never won third set tb in doubles.
She has now. Today's score was 6-3 4-6 (10-8)
Old Nov 5th, 2012, 12:36 AM   #472
country flag kfh_9118

kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute

so close, glad she at least won the double title.

still, wasted chance to be in single F

good luck in Arizona, Miki

=Good luck to my favourite players: Mirjana Lucic, Elena Dementieva, Li Na, Maria Kirilenko, Daniela Hantuchova, Vera Zvonareva, Zheng Jie, Venus Williams =
kfh_9118 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2012, 01:40 AM   #473
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Rinaldi View Post
She has now. Today's score was 6-3 4-6 (10-8)
Wow -- great fight by the ladies. Didn't realize the tiebreak was a third-set sudden death affair.

She must have felt some real satisfaction to pull that off.

I have to think she'll carry good form into Phoenix and feel mentally a bit more ready to keep her composure when pushers are pressuring her serves as she closes out sets. She just has to stay in the moment.

She will have to reach the finals, I think, to get into the Top 100. I think the R/U gets 70 points or something. It would put her just inside the 100. A win would get her close to the upper-80s. She certainly could win a 75K. Won't easily forget her inspired Albuquerque run in 2010. She beat Varvara, who is now nearly Top 20.

Hope she has fun.
Old Nov 5th, 2012, 07:49 AM   #474
country flag networthy

Very nice jump up in the doubles rankings for Mirjana: from 281 to 224. She also moves up in singles, from 112 to 108.
Old Nov 5th, 2012, 10:01 AM   #475
ajmo!

ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future

Hope Bouchard will be on other side of the draw in Arizona. GL Mirjana and play doubles again
I mean, she had great run but she got as much points as you get for one with at lowest WTA tournament.
Just shows you how she should have played some tournaments were draws were really weak like Washington and Quebec City.
Old Nov 5th, 2012, 10:57 AM   #476
country flag Pebbles
Dementieva

Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute

Nice win in doubles Miki Hoping for a good draw in Arizona
Pebbles is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2012, 12:42 PM   #477
ajmo!

Old Nov 5th, 2012, 01:12 PM   #478
ajmo!

Again, wish Mirjana played touraments in India and Taipei.
It turns out they count as WTA tournaments and titles are considered as WTA titles.
So Mladenovic won her first WTA title by beating only one player from TOP100(ranked at 100) and only one other girl from top 150. And it's only gonna be worse in Pune.

Pune - 1 top 100 players, last direct acceptance #392 (would be 3rd seed)

Phoenix- 3 top 100 playes, last direct acceptance #299 (probably 5th seed)

Last edited by ajmo! : Nov 5th, 2012 at 01:18 PM.
Old Nov 5th, 2012, 01:15 PM   #479
country flag mikireturns

Nice. Good for the ladies. Woof--I forgot how tall Bovina is. Looks like the weather and playing conditions were grand; some spectators out enjoying the tennis.

Can't recommend enough: if even a little 25K comes to your area (and they are everywhere these days) try to go. It's amazing how hard these lower-to-middle tier girls will fight because it means so much to get even one win, for them.

Also nice to walk away from any event with a trophy of some kind :-) Really gives a lift. Trust.

Am very interested to see the Phoenix draw. Miki can go deep and score any upset here, if she is to be seeded 5th. Gotta keep her composure and simultaneously keep her foot on the gas when serving out sets, or trying to break for set close-outs. I'd say her chances are good for the OZ main draw, but a few more wins would be sweet, since she is apparently not playing Tokyo or Dubai.

Have fun out there, tennis players.
Old Nov 5th, 2012, 01:21 PM   #480
country flag mikireturns

I know -- look at these pseudo-WTA events in Asia and their points range! Vekic is playing in Pune and is No.3 seed. Beat a girl 6-0 6-1 today.

It's too bad Mirjana could not have stayed in the East and played these weak fields. But ... Surely Vekic is being backed by confederation money, and Mirjana (and players in her range) have got to be so judicious about every penny they spend.

It's rough for these women with no national backing to defray travel costs. Would love to see Mirjana grind out the wins and take Phoenix to end the year. She can do it.