Mirjana: 2012 American summer - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 29th, 2012, 08:30 PM   #31
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mirjana: 2012 American summer

2 BP's! Please break!
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 29th, 2012, 08:31 PM   #32
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Gone. But 3rd is here
Old Jul 29th, 2012, 08:32 PM   #33
ajmo!

4th
Old Jul 29th, 2012, 08:34 PM   #34
ajmo!

Musquito saves 4 BPs and leads 2-1 in third
Old Jul 29th, 2012, 09:51 PM   #35
country flag Queenpova

Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute

wtf

Queenpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2012, 10:12 PM   #36
country flag WhatTheDeuce

WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute

Never come

WhatTheDeuce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2012, 11:49 PM   #37
country flag Pebbles

Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute

Such a disappointing result. Her schedule as already mentioned has been questionable, after her successes at Wimbledon you would've thought the last thing she would want to do is not play another tournament for a month. Big opportunity blown here.
Pebbles is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2012, 12:25 AM   #38
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

Okay, I've got my little venting about Miki out of my system -- no sense to be down on her entirely.

The fact is, she shook off the rust ring down 1-5 and proceeded to win 10 of the next 14 games, firing 13 aces and taking solid control of the match.

We all know she wasn't bringing that kind of firepower after crappy starts in Australia, Indian Wells, Miami, and other places this year.

She was playing some Bib Babe tennis and had control at her fingertips with 4BPs at 1-1 in the third.

Then she got sulky and foolish -- the old Miki. If only she had shrugged it off and kept her head she would not have finished so embarrassingly.

God, these women are such headcases. All of them.

But if Miki can lose a match firing 13 aces, I have to believe (and she has to believe) she can get her ass in gear.

DUMB DUMB DUMB not to have entered quallies in Carlsbad.

Blown opportunity? Oh, wow ... HUGE stupid loss.

Can she still recover her head? Yes.

But she has to do it fast or I see her pro experience deteriorating in a flash.

Beat yourself up a little and kick some ass in Montreal, Miki. Bonne chance!
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2012, 02:09 AM   #39
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of

I enjoyed watching Mirjana play today. She looked physically fit - no tape anywhere. Mentally fit? Not so sure, especially in the third set. Here are my notes:

First Set:

Mirjana has trouble extending the rallies past two or three shots without making unforced errors. She quickly falls behind 1-4. Then, she asks to speak with her coach. Good move. The talk doesn't appear to pay immediate dividends. She is broken for 1-5. Lucic makes De Brito play in the next game and is able to get one break back. De Brito leads 5-2. Lucic to serve. Lucic hits a couple of aces and her first serve is good this game. 5-3 De Brito. De Brito to serve. At 40-30, Lucic misses a return of a soft second serve. Set to De Brito.

Second Set:

Lucic to serve first. She looks composed and methodical on serve, not rushing at all. They have a couple of long rallies this game which Lucic wins. Both are hitting with power, but Lucic hits harder.
1-0 Lucic. Lucic has two break points in the next game but doesn't convert. At 15-40 De Brito wins a good rally. At 30-40, Lucic misses the return of serve.
1-1. Lucic is not making De Brito move much. She's hitting hard, but De Brito is usually in position.
15-30. Lucic hits a great drop shot winner. 30-30. She hits another drop shot winner. 40-30. She holds.
2-1 Lucic. De Brito to serve. 30-40. Lucic misses another BP opportunity. Lucic hits another great drop shot unreturnable. Ad. Lucic. Lucic breaks!
3-1 Lucic. Lucic hits an awsome forehand winner. 30-30 after a great De Brito return. Lucic holds though.
4-1 Lucic. De Brito serves. Lucic plays a poor return game. Several unforced errors.
4-2 Lucic. 40-0 Lucic. First serve is looking good.
5-2 Lucic. De Brito to serve. 30-40. Set point for Lucic. Again, Lucic fails to break.
5-3 Lucic. Lucic's first serve again effective in this game. She is getting alot of free points on her serve in this set. Lucic holds. Second set for Lucic.

Lucic played much better this set. The first serve was effective and she made few unforced errors, and alot of winners. There were more long rallies, and Lucic won most of them. Her forehand is HUGE in this set. It appeared to be as hard as some of the ATP players I saw. She pushed De Brito back behind the baseline quite often. That's why the drop shot became effective. She hit six or seven dropshots in this set, winning the point each time.

After the second set, Lucic takes a very long break, over ten minutes. It seems strange since all the momentum is with her.

Third Set:

They each hold serve. 1-1. De Brito to serve. Great forehands by Lucic to make it 15-40. Lucic is not aggressive on the ensuing two break points. She gets the serve back but doesn't move De Brito at all and actually looks like she is waiting for De Brito to miss. It doesn't happen. She gets two more break points and plays the same way. Four missed BP opportunities. De Brito holds.
2-1 De Brito. Lucic to serve. Lucic misses a pretty easy forehand put away after De Brito somehow returned a crushing Lucic forehand. 0-15. Lucic dominates a rally but misses the overhead. 0-30. She should have won these two points. Lucic is broken.
3-1 De Brito. Lucic seems to check out mentally at this point. She sprays the ball like the first set and in about 10 minutes, the score goes from 1-1 BP for Lucic, to 5-1 De Brito.
5-1 De Brito. Lucic gets to Deuce by crushing a few weak De Brito second serves. Where were these returns on all the BP's earlier in the set? De Brito holds. Match over.

If Miki had broken at 1-1 in the third, I'm pretty sure she would have won the match as she had the momentum. She appeared to let the four missed BP's at 1-1 affect her mentally as she missed an array of shots after that. It was disapointing to see her crack mentally. She could have said, hey I'm still on serve but I guess that didn't happen. I think the problem with all the missed BP's was simply not playing them agressively enough. It's like she plays too aggressively at times, hones it in for awhile and strikes a balance, gets back in the match, then doesn't play aggressively enough when she is about to assert control, then plays too aggresively again and is done. It's like a yo-yo.

Last edited by SERVivor : Jul 30th, 2012 at 02:52 AM.
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2012, 03:07 AM   #40
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

^
GREAT summary, Servivor. Thank you very much for taking the time to share this in such detail.

Interesting that Miki got really tight on the crucial BP returns and forgot to attack. Even one big swing and a prayer on a return in that game would have been better than losing all four points.

She hit 13 aces in that match and had the momentum. It's clear she was able to bring big tennis and I'm glad you noticed that her best stuff came when she was being methodical, not rushing, going to the towel for that extra few seconds of focus and displacement activity.

She caved mentally in the key game when she ought to have taken a few more seconds, focused, made de Brito think about those serves and just hauled off some big aggressive returns.

Her return game is a massive liability, especially on the 2nd serve return. Her percentages are dismal for a girl with such power.

Only encouraging thing: 13 aces and she "should" have won.

Girlfriend needs a sit down with the coach on her return game, focus exercises, and she needs matches.

Thanks again ... That was great. Win or lose, glad you got to see her play in person.
Old Jul 30th, 2012, 03:26 AM   #41

WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute

Great report, Servivor! Appreciate it

Everyone send good vibes for Canada More than one match would be dandy...
Never come

Old Jul 30th, 2012, 10:24 AM   #42
ajmo!

Nice report
Seems like she is in form(even though she that 3rd set 6-1) and I'm looking foward to next matches.
Who cares about crapy Washington anyway? GL Miki in Canada, I feel there will be many upsets.
Old Jul 31st, 2012, 11:34 AM   #43
country flag mikireturns

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
Nice report
Seems like she is in form(even though she that 3rd set 6-1) and I'm looking foward to next matches.
Who cares about crapy Washington anyway? GL Miki in Canada, I feel there will be many upsets.
Yeah, well, Ajmo, I luv ya, baby, and agree that we must look for more upsets, but let's face facts:

Mirjana really screwed the fuckin' pooch on this one.

Look at all the obstacles in her side of the draw that are gone. She could have gone to the final and WON this shit event.

Sorry, but if you don't win when a match and a whole tournament literally open-up for you to WIN, then when, exactly, are you going to win?

Yeah, Miki has some form with 13 aces, but still loses in the first round of the most lame, winnable WTA event of the year?

For the sake of WTD, I hope she can get through qualifying in Montreal.

Miki = BAD career decisions even after she has a breakthrough.

Apparently, if you threw a tournament trophy at Miki these days, she would throw it back to you like a hot potato.

GL Miki, but if you can't rise to the easiest occasion, when exactly are you going to rise at all?
Old Jul 31st, 2012, 02:06 PM   #44

Do you guys think she reads this board/forum?
Never come

Old Jul 31st, 2012, 05:32 PM   #45
ajmo!

We surely are biggest ''support'' group she has that isn't connected to her(I mean friends, family). And surely biggest support group online.
I guess she knows about this forum and maybe even reads this at times.