Mirjana: 2012 American summer - Page 26 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 21st, 2012, 03:31 PM   #376
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold
Re: Mirjana: 2012 American summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
galina is in good form, surprised she even got a set
i guess she's done playing itfs.. hmm, good poitns could have been won in new mexico
Galina has been in Asia for a few weeks, so she was probably more acclimated to the conditions. From the stats, it appears Mirjana returned well but her serve stats weren't good. There were alot of breaks of serve. As for ITFs, the last few years as we all know she skiped the Asian swing and got some significant points in the U.S. ITFs. Most players in her ranking range do play the Asian swing but it's a risk that you may lose in the first round against good, tough competion and not come away with much points wise. Hopefully, she'll acclimate in the next tournament and get some points. Going there is a risk and involves alot of travel $$
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 21st, 2012, 03:39 PM   #377
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold

I just looked. She will lose the QF points from New Mexico this week, but she has few points to defend in the next few weeks so let's hope she wins some in Asia.
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 05:46 PM   #378
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Just watched some Mirjana matches and still, she's hitting ball so fantastic at times.
I mean there are many big hitters in the game right now, but there's something specific that makes her game so great when she's on. I just hope some miracle is around the corner.
I want everybody to know her story, how sensational she is.

And yes, I'm Mirjana fun but if I was some big TV guy I would totally give her a cooking show. I mean, she travels all over the world and she could have great show. I mean one week she's cooking in Rome, next in Paris. WTA should do something like that.
Reality with proffesional tennis player/cook.
And she's such a nice lady, somebody it's really easy to like. The way she talks, it always seems extremly warm. i think she would be great reporter/showman.
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 04:15 PM   #379
country flag SERVivor

I checked the qualifying list for this weekend's China Open qualifying and she is 20th alt. so i don't think she will get in. Maybe play doubles?
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 04:53 PM   #380
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

I really hope she makes it because it's a long way to Asia just for two tournaments in 4 weeks.
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 10:55 AM   #381
ajmo!

She didn't got in
Who knows if she'll stay in Asia for Osaka(she's in MD).
And she was again 1 out. Dushevina was two spots ahed of her in alts. and she got in as an alt. I'm 99% sure Torro wasn't in Beijjing so Mirjana's again one out. Just like in WImbledon and Carlsbad.
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 05:20 PM   #382
country flag SERVivor

it sucks. Maybe one player will drop out between now and play time. Stranger things have happened.
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 04:15 PM   #383
ajmo!

There are two SEWTA Challengers in Taipei and Delhi.
Mirjana would be seeded at both. Winner gets 160 points(!), this are 125k+H challengers. It seems Mirjana hasn't entered.
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 08:02 PM   #384
country flag SERVivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
There are two SEWTA Challengers in Taipei and Delhi.
Mirjana would be seeded at both. Winner gets 160 points(!), this are 125k+H challengers. It seems Mirjana hasn't entered.
yeah, that would have been an excellent backup plan. She could have played Taipei, then the WTA tournament the next week. I hope she still plays the WTA tournament she is entered into next week. Her planning to maximize points is not the best. Inferior players like Mandy Minella, Eleni Danlioudou, to name a few are or have been ranked higher than Mirjana chiefly because of smart scheduling i.e. tournaments with decent points and easy draws.
Old Sep 29th, 2012, 12:35 AM   #385
country flag qwertytx

qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SERVivor View Post
yeah, that would have been an excellent backup plan. She could have played Taipei, then the WTA tournament the next week. I hope she still plays the WTA tournament she is entered into next week. Her planning to maximize points is not the best. Inferior players like Mandy Minella, Eleni Danlioudou, to name a few are or have been ranked higher than Mirjana chiefly because of smart scheduling i.e. tournaments with decent points and easy draws.
With her ranking she really should be entering a mix of tour events and ITFs. I know the ITFs aren't glamourous but she needs the points. Maybe she is thinking that she is nearing the end of her career and wants to enjoy as many tour-level events as she can get into. Considering that she was married recently, I imagine she would want to spend more time with her husband now rather than travel all over the world.
qwertytx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 10:31 AM   #386
ajmo!

Osaka R1 vs Q. Could be tricky as some great players(like Bouchard and Larsson) are in Q-draw, but others are more than winnable.
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 05:41 PM   #387
country flag SERVivor

I think Larsson, Bouchard and Puchova are all dangerous, but I wouldn't call any of them "great." Hopefully one or all will lose in qualifying. Puchova vs. Lucic would be a fun match as both are hit and miss. Puchova's game can completely collapse at any time.
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 08:54 PM   #388
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SERVivor View Post
I think Larsson, Bouchard and Puchova are all dangerous, but I wouldn't call any of them "great." Hopefully one or all will lose in qualifying. Puchova vs. Lucic would be a fun match as both are hit and miss. Puchova's game can completely collapse at any time.
I'd love to see that Puchy and Miki are 2 of my favourite players. And oddly both's career high rank is the same, 32.

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 09:38 AM   #389
ajmo!

Mirjana Lucic (CRO) v (Q)Luksika Kumkhum (THA)
I would call it a perfect draw yesterday, but this girl def. Bouchard 61 62 in FQR. GL Mirjana
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 11:44 PM   #390
xcrtbckhnd

xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future

Gl Miki!!!!!
xcrtbckhnd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote