Mirjana: 2012 American summer - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 27th, 2012, 05:24 PM   #16
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mirjana: 2012 American summer

Mirjana vs. Q
Hope not Rezai or Davis.
ajmo! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 27th, 2012, 07:18 PM   #17
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck!!
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 07:00 PM   #18
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Mirjana not in doubles draw. And it's funny how week it is.
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 07:45 PM   #19
country flag Pebbles
Dementieva

Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Miki, do some damage
Pebbles is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2012, 03:01 AM   #20
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

Miki plays Larcher de Brito, the most horrid and eardrum-perforating screamer in the game.

She plays tomorrow at 2PM EST, on Court 1.

She does not have the consistency or the power to take Miki out if she is prepared and focused.

She may fry Miki's brains with the screams, but ...

GL, Miki! Get some good stuff going. Serve big and wait for your opps.
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2012, 01:43 PM   #21
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold

I attended the tournament yesterday. Mostly, I watched men's qualifing from the center court and grandstand 1, but around 5 pm I went to the other side of the facility where the practice courts are, as well as grandstand 2 and courts 1 and 2. I saw a bunch of WTA players practicing, but Mirjana was not among them. I guess she practiced earlier in the day. I recognized Barboro Strychova. She actually has a pretty good body. But, I'll digress. Then, I watched the end of the second set on grandstand 2 of Jennifer Elie v. Lauren Davis. I honestly had never heard of Elie before. She was down a set and at it was 2-2 in the second. Davis cramped up and then got broken. I heard later she lost in three sets. Davis didn't look very powerfull, but wasn't very consistent either, at least of what I saw. I thought, how did Mirjana lose to her. But, I think Davis just had a bad day yesterday. I recognized Sesil Karanacheva in the bleachers. I say bleachers because all of the seating, save for the center court, is bleacher type seating, even the two grandstands. Sesil was rooting for Jennifer Elie for some reason, maybe the same coach or something?

Court 1, where Mirjina is playing today, has very limited seating, with just 10 or so rows of bleachers on one side. and no seating on the other side. I will be very close to the action and might wear ear plugs, thanks for the heads up MikiReturns on De Brito. I'll take some photos and post them later.
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2012, 04:12 PM   #22
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

Thanks for the report from site! It'll be great to get your impressions of Miki performing "live". I'm eager to see how she's looking, moving, playing.

Can't believe it has been an entire month since she played a singles match!

Hopefully she has been working extra hard to keep her range in practice. She still has a HUGE win on her docket this year, and mentally can do something with that.

Have fun! Wear earplugs indeed. MLDB at full squeal would make Azarenka complain. Most harrowing, point-hindering grunt in tennis, MLDB. But people are sick of those totally unnatural grunts, so maybe the crowd (all 15 or 20 of you?) can give her dirty looks.

Cheer for Miki ... She likes to show her good stuff when she knows someone is really in her corner!
Old Jul 29th, 2012, 06:33 PM   #23
country flag mikireturns

Oh NO! About to get a breadstick from MLDB.

If she can't see her way to doing damage in a WTA draw this weak, with such an opportunity, one really has to wonder why she has mismanaged her opportunities so badly, when those opportunities arise.

It becomes more and more clear to me that she is not likely to play next year.

Not even being competitive with MLDB on a hard court?

Get it together, Mirjana ... This lack of focus and prep is inexcusable, given your proven grit elsewhere this year against much better players.
Old Jul 29th, 2012, 06:36 PM   #24
country flag mikireturns

Well, rusty but starting to show some fight. SERVIVOR might get to ride the "Lucic Roller Coaster" in person. Are paramedics handy? ;-D
Old Jul 29th, 2012, 06:46 PM   #25
country flag mikireturns

HUGE hold to start the set, saving 2 BPs, with 2 aces in the game and 6 overall. This is so winnable, Miki -- sink your teeth into it.

MLDB is not that good and she makes a lot of errors. Go to it and get control of this match. Big serves. Pull her wide. Move forward. Use your opps. Don't RUSH.
Old Jul 29th, 2012, 06:59 PM   #26
country flag mikireturns

Breaks for 3-1 in the 2nd set. She has found her range and knows she can certainly do this.

"REMEMBER BARTOLI ... YOU ~Are~ THAT GOOD, MIKI!"

Fight and focus and keep your poise!
Old Jul 29th, 2012, 07:14 PM   #27
country flag mikireturns

13 aces for Miki? Someone has been working on their serve. Keep it up, Miki!

A serve like that will make MLDB think, and those won't be good thoughts.

Go, Miki!
Old Jul 29th, 2012, 07:16 PM   #28
country flag mikireturns

Get OUT! Match suspended due to heat?

Well, we don't want Miki to fall over, but SHE's got the momentum now!!!!
Old Jul 29th, 2012, 07:18 PM   #29
country flag mikireturns

Benesova and Chang are still playing on grandstand. Maybe it's just a heat break, according to WTA rules. SERVIVOR, can you shed any light from courtside?
Old Jul 29th, 2012, 07:24 PM   #30
ajmo!

Normal break, same was last week in Baku.
Hope she wins it.