Mirjana: 2012 American summer - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 04:21 PM   #1
ajmo!

ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future
Mirjana: 2012 American summer

Time for new thread, I believe.
So Mirjana will start with Citi Open, probably MD since she's now 1st or 2nd alt.
Then Montreal and probably Western & Southern Open.
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 05:27 PM   #2
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future
Re: Mirjana: 2012 American summer

Thanks for the new thread, Ajmo.

I am glad La Mikica entered qualifying for CITI, because we have all seen how well being 1 spot outside the main draw has totally f'ed her schedule this year.
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2012, 10:21 PM   #3
country flag WhatTheDeuce
11/11/11

WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute

Montreal Can't wait! Will she be an MD entry there or Q?
Never come

WhatTheDeuce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2012, 09:19 AM   #4
ajmo!

ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future

She is far way from MD, 50+ in alts so I don't see it happening. But who knows with Olympic Games. She entered QD.
Old Jul 24th, 2012, 05:17 PM   #5
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
She is far way from MD, 50+ in alts so I don't see it happening. But who knows with Olympic Games. She entered QD.
Canadian Open always gets a strong field. With Miki is Qs, WTD will likely be able to attend weekend qualifying rounds for free or a very minimal fee, and ~ALSO~ see Miki play when she fights her way to the main draw

I'm eager to see what sort of focus and drive Miki brings to the courts after her big breakthrough at Wimby and then a full month off from singles competition!

Let's hope she returns fresher and more determined than ever. We now know she can beat the best and play Top 10-level tennis (the poise and stats of the Bartoli win we're SO Top 10), and Miki knows it too.

Get pics galore, WTD, and have fun.
Old Jul 24th, 2012, 09:54 PM   #6
11/11/11

WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikireturns View Post
Canadian Open always gets a strong field. With Miki is Qs, WTD will likely be able to attend weekend qualifying rounds for free or a very minimal fee, and ~ALSO~ see Miki play when she fights her way to the main draw

Get pics galore, WTD, and have fun.
It's almost even better that she's playing Q, I'll see her really up close for basically nothing, as you said. I really hope I can get a picture with her and talk to her a bit, let her know what an inspiration she is. I'm quite excited.

And pics will definitely happen!
Never come

Old Jul 25th, 2012, 09:06 AM   #7
country flag DokDi

DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck in Citi Open Mirjana!

Regards from Macedonia.
DokDi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2012, 05:28 PM   #8
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold

I'll attend the Citi Open either qualifying or main draw, whichever she plays. I'll get some photos. Qualifying at the CITI costs $20 but whatever it's still worth it. I'll probably wimp out as far as talking to her and getting a photo with her, but I may try. When I attended the U.S. Open qualifying in 2010 when she played Dazekavich( spelling?), she walked right by me to take a bathroom break during the match. After the match, she was surrounded by well wishers.
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2012, 09:44 PM   #9
country flag qwertytx

qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SERVivor View Post
I'll attend the Citi Open either qualifying or main draw, whichever she plays. I'll get some photos. Qualifying at the CITI costs $20 but whatever it's still worth it. I'll probably wimp out as far as talking to her and getting a photo with her, but I may try. When I attended the U.S. Open qualifying in 2010 when she played Dazekavich( spelling?), she walked right by me to take a bathroom break during the match. After the match, she was surrounded by well wishers.
I'm sure she would be extremely flattered to know she has fans like you who attended qualifying just to see her. Someone who has struggled like she has would appreciate all the support.
qwertytx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 03:08 PM   #10
country flag mikireturns

Quote:
Originally Posted by SERVivor View Post
Miki is not a shy person, but she does not seem to be a person who aggressively draws attention to herself, either. I would say that, at these events, she is demure, friendly, but very focused. A big ol' sweetie-pie, really. I mean, she can be sitting on an aluminum set of bleachers at a 25K event and she can be sitting right behind you with her coach, and you can have a little conversation with her. That is much more difficult at the bigger WTA events, where the players are obliged to hustle off the courts after their matches and into areas designated for their use alone.

At the Challenger events, you can literally lean over the fence and say, "Well done, Mirjana!" and she will stop to say hello for a minute. Gosh, at that Challenger in Ft. Walton a few years ago, any fan could waltz into the club and look at the draw board, and ... There's Miki looking at it too. That occurred with me, just after she had beaten Begu, and I stood next to her for a bit, told her what a good job she had done in the match, and she laughed her little laugh and said, "Thanks. It felt really good, especially because she killed me two weeks ago."

We passed a few other remarks, but I didn't hang around; I thought it odd that just anyone could have such close clubhouse access to the players (but I emphasize again ... That was awful Ft. Walton Beach's club).

Best thing is to get there early and watch the practice courts -- you'll see Miki and, if you smile and offer her polite well wishes, she will respond ~after~ her practice routine. She will take a photo with you, if the timing is appropriate. If she wins, she will be very happy and will appreciate fan support, big time. So many of these players have got great attitudes. For example, you can't help cheering for Olga Savchuk, she's so funny and full of grit on the court, and she notices who cheers for her. She will come up to YOU after a match and crack jokes.

Have fun, both of you. For $20, you'll see some great tennis and competition up close. If Miki is in form, you'll be mightily impressed by her game and power, I assure you.
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 11:13 PM   #11
country flag qwertytx

qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold

Lucic not it Citi Q
qwertytx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2012, 12:13 AM   #12
country flag mikireturns

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertytx View Post
Lucic not it Citi Q
Most unquestionably she made the main draw. With MD play at this event beginning on Sunday, there were still a couple of players in Baku, set for the semifinals. There's no way they could guarantee a turnaround.

This field is like some 75Ks we've seen. Hope Miki is hungry. Hope her draw is kind, but that's almost a pointless wish.

GL, Miki!
Old Jul 27th, 2012, 11:25 AM   #13
ajmo!

Still, much stronger than Baku. Cohen in final there.
There are many players that had some great results this year in the draw. Besides already standardly good Barthel, Benesova, King, Oprandi, Pavljucenkova, Scheepers there are also some girls that had big results this year like Oudin(won Brimingham), Davis(R3 in French Open), Coco(final in Stanford).
This will be stronger tournament than it may seem, I feel.

Last edited by ajmo! : Jul 27th, 2012 at 11:31 AM.
Old Jul 27th, 2012, 03:28 PM   #14
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold

I already bought my ticket to Sat. session thinking she would play. Maybe I'll see her on the practice court. The tournament website doesn't say anything about qualifying starting today (Friday), but it does say the main draw starts Sunday. I have a feeling most/all of the Sunday matches will be women's matches and that Mirjana will play Sunday or Monday at the latest. I also want to see Paul Henri Mathieu, so I will get a ticket for Sunday, and may do so for Monday. Yikes, this is adding up. LOL.
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2012, 04:17 PM   #15
11/11/11

PHM
Never come