Green Strawberries: the British Juniors thread - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 30th, 2014, 08:47 PM   #1
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation
Green Strawberries: the British Juniors thread

It seems we could do with a thread to cover junior tennis for those girls who don't (yet) have their own threads and for team events. My year by year strategy isn't cutting the mustard, so here's an all-embracing thread.

The title name is up for grabs...

p.s. Of course you shouldn't feel that all junior tennis should be shoehorned into this thread. Don't hesitate to make new threads for junior Wimbledon or the junior nationals.

Last edited by Embittered : Aug 10th, 2014 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Reinstate thread title that the database decided unilaterally to revert
Embittered is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 30th, 2014, 08:49 PM   #2
country flag Embittered

Re: Juniors

Maia Lumsden, Katie Swan and Jodie Burrage are competing for GB in the European Summer Cup 16U qualifiers in Newcastle: http://te.tournamentsoftware.com/spo...80B3EA6&draw=1

Qualifying match against Holland tomorrow.

The European Summer Cup is also the European qualifying event for the junior Fed Cup.
Old Jul 30th, 2014, 08:52 PM   #3
country flag Embittered

Indi Spink, Holly Fischer and Emma Raducanu formed the GB team that travelled to Latvia and qualified for the finals of the 12U Europe Nations Challenge. The finals start in a week's time in Ajaccio (FRA).
Old Jul 31st, 2014, 08:20 PM   #4
country flag Embittered

16U team beat Holland in the decisive doubles to qualify for the finals. Play France tomorrow for a finals seeding.

Link to event thread in junior tennis subforum.
Old Aug 1st, 2014, 12:59 AM   #5
country flag *hingis_forever*

*hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future
Re: Green Strawberries: the British Juniors thread

Finally an appropriate thread for the youngsters! We have two good teams in our 16U (although Lumsden had a strange loss today) and 12U teams.

*hingis_forever* is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2014, 07:42 PM   #6
country flag Embittered

Katie goes 3/3 in singles, but Maia loses again and France take the seeding with a win in the doubles.

Weather has been poor here in NE England today; maybe they had to move indoors at some point.
Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 04:18 PM   #7
country flag Embittered

Jodie has taken the fall for the final round defeat and bean replaced by Eden Richardson: http://www.tenniseurope.org/file.aspx?id=579844&dl=1
Old Aug 4th, 2014, 10:54 AM   #8
country flag Embittered

16U finals draw: http://te.tournamentsoftware.com/spo...93A0DD9&draw=1

If you don't have faith in our ability to win this thing without Gabi, then there's another goal, qualification for the junior Fed Cup finals in Mexico at the end of September. Unless I've misread the ITF site, the top 6 qualifiy, so a win over top seeds Hungary on their home dirt or over, presumably, Belarus in the back draw, is required.
Old Aug 4th, 2014, 05:33 PM   #9
country flag Embittered

Blew 2 points for the tie in losing to Hungary.
Old Aug 5th, 2014, 12:01 PM   #10
country flag Embittered

Katie crocked in 1st match of the vital play-off versus Slovakia. I don't see us coming back from this. Cancel those Mexico flight bookings.
Old Aug 5th, 2014, 04:17 PM   #11
country flag Embittered

Defeat and failure to qualify confirmed.
Old Aug 6th, 2014, 11:25 PM   #12
country flag *hingis_forever*

*hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future

Our 12U team competes in the final round tomorrow and has been drawn in a group with Russia, Belgium, and Poland. The top two teams in the group make it to the playoff rounds. I'm cautiously optimistic they can come through.

*hingis_forever* is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2014, 11:10 PM   #13
country flag Embittered

Quote:
Originally Posted by *hingis_forever* View Post
Our 12U team competes in the final round tomorrow and has been drawn in a group with Russia, Belgium, and Poland. The top two teams in the group make it to the playoff rounds. I'm cautiously optimistic they can come through.
I'm not sure it worked like that. Looks like there's only one play-off round, and we're playing the Czech Republic for 5th place tomorrow. Indi scored 3/3 in singles in the group, but discounting the match against Belgium, no other points were scored.

EDIT: 5th place it is, then.

Last edited by Embittered : Aug 10th, 2014 at 07:01 PM.
Old Aug 20th, 2014, 10:06 PM   #14
country flag Embittered

Quote:
Originally Posted by @judmoo
GB girls team doing their homework at the Connecticut Open. Getting ready to rock the Maureen Connolly Trophy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @judmoo
GB's little ladies spying on the USA team practice. @gabitaylorr @maialumsden @freya_christie @katieswan99. #MoCoTro

Always in the same order?
Old Aug 21st, 2014, 07:08 PM   #15
country flag nimble kitty

nimble kitty is a name known to all nimble kitty is a name known to all nimble kitty is a name known to all nimble kitty is a name known to all nimble kitty is a name known to all nimble kitty is a name known to all nimble kitty is a name known to all nimble kitty is a name known to all nimble kitty is a name known to all nimble kitty is a name known to all nimble kitty is a name known to all

What is this some sort of photo shoot for the emerging tennis pop group coordinated and masterminded by Judy Murray.

The livescores can be found here. http://www.protennislive.com/lshd/ma...ww.ctopen.org/

Gabi won her match against Caroline Dolehide 6-3 7-5.
Freya served for the match against Kayla Day but was broken and went on to lose that set. Into a decider and is up a break. *2-1
nimble kitty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote