Jelena Jankovic Cheering Thread - 2013 Season - Volume 13 - Page 210 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 16th, 2013, 07:22 AM   #3136
country flag Brena

Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jelena Jankovic Cheering Thread - 2013 Season - Volume 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaBaker View Post
How is losing to baby A again any better?
Well, she's a marginally less awful player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
I'm not kidding, Zoe. Our mad Empress and our poor Princess are both injured. They both asked for a MTO, they both almost lost to qualifiers. The Princess was barely moving in the end. JJ made a horrible amount of UEs, get prepared for the worst shitfest of the season so far.
Their respective form, health or actual talent () bear no impact on their match results.

By Harold Pinter&Brena

''Man up or go home.''

I miss Elena Dementieva.
Brena is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 16th, 2013, 07:23 AM   #3137
country flag GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute

R3 meltdown incoming

Jelena Jankovic - Vera Zvonareva - Zhang Shuai - Venus Williams - Petra Kvitova - Zheng Jie - Li Na - Serena Williams - Peng Shuai - Hsieh Su-Wei
GoofyDuck is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 07:30 AM   #3138
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brena View Post

Their respective form, health or actual talent () bear no impact on their match results.
Well, it's a match up thing, but considering that they both play some weird playing styles, I wonder if it's still the same match up.
Cajka is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 07:44 AM   #3139
country flag Brena

Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, it's a match up thing, but considering that they both play some weird playing styles, I wonder if it's still the same match up.
But it's not about the playing styles, it's about their states of mind. Jelena's is ''I can't beat her'' and Anci's is ''Killkillkill!Ajde!''.

By Harold Pinter&Brena

''Man up or go home.''

I miss Elena Dementieva.
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 07:55 AM   #3140
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But it's not about the playing styles, it's about their states of mind. Jelena's is ''I can't beat her'' and Anci's is ''Killkillkill!Ajde!''.
Ana has a killing instinct? Now, seriously, this match is opened. Whoever wins this should be happy to reach the R4, Aga is not playing her best tennis, but she won't lose to any of these two.
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 08:02 AM   #3141
country flag Brena

Quote:
Ana has a killing instinct?
When it comes to Jelena, she does. It's her Pavlovian reflex to terrorise Baby Jeca (and me).

Quote:
Now, seriously, this match is opened.
No, it seriously isn't but we'll probably see some of the worst rallies, shots, serves, DFs and UEs in the history of WTA.

Quote:
Whoever wins this should be happy to reach the R4, Aga is not playing her best tennis, but she won't lose to any of these two.
That goes without saying. Neither of them could take a set off Agatha now. She's on a different level compared to the SS.

By Harold Pinter&Brena

''Man up or go home.''

I miss Elena Dementieva.
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 08:04 AM   #3142
country flag Cilla
Rafa the Diva, no?

Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute

Just woke up to see the score Humiliation is coming vs Anci
Cilla is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 08:08 AM   #3143
country flag Cajka

Quote:
That goes without saying. Neither of them could take a set off Agatha now.
I can imagine JJ leading and choking in the first set and getting bagelled in the second set. While Ana wouldn't be competitive even for a moment. Aga is too smart to miss the opportunity to exploit the worst bh in top 100 from the first point.
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 08:16 AM   #3144
country flag Brena

Quote:
I can imagine JJ leading and choking in the first set and getting bagelled in the second set. While Ana wouldn't be competitive even for a moment. Aga is too smart to miss the opportunity to exploit the worst bh in top 100 from the first point.
I used to think of her as of a B-version of Jelena. And now, Jelena is a Z-version of Agnieszka. Ana has always struggled with players who have a (functioning) brain and good nerves, so yes, she's toast. I actually expected Chan to take her out.

By Harold Pinter&Brena

''Man up or go home.''

I miss Elena Dementieva.
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 08:27 AM   #3145
country flag Cajka

Quote:
I used to think of her as of a B-version of Jelena. And now, Jelena is a Z-version of Agnieszka.
I used to think something similar too, but now when you compare them at their peaks, they are totally different. Peak JJ was hitting the ball much harder, but Aga has more variety by far. Call me nuts, but peak JJ was more similar to Hingis than Aga will ever be. The only similarities between JJ and Aga are their defensive skills and the ability to make opponents move around like headless chickens.

Quote:
Ana has always struggled with players who have a (functioning) brain and good nerves, so yes, she's toast.
Ana used to be a patient player herself, that's why she matches up against JJ better than some other big hitters, but Aga's playing style is something else, her shots are hard to attack, she has too much variety for Ana. Even peak Ana would struggle against her.
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 08:37 AM   #3146
country flag Kampi

Kampi has a reputation beyond repute Kampi has a reputation beyond repute Kampi has a reputation beyond repute Kampi has a reputation beyond repute Kampi has a reputation beyond repute Kampi has a reputation beyond repute Kampi has a reputation beyond repute Kampi has a reputation beyond repute Kampi has a reputation beyond repute Kampi has a reputation beyond repute Kampi has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Jelena for grinding this one out.

And now we have it ladies and gentlemen.

GO JJ

"We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in Australia, in France, in Great Britain and in the United States, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence (mental) and growing strength (physical) in the air (serve and volley), we shall defend our lovely Island (Jelena), whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches (clay-courts), we shall fight on the landing grounds (hard-courts), we shall fight in the fields (grass-courts) and in the streets (WTAworld), we shall fight in the hills(reaching the top) we shall and we will never surrender.“ GO JJ.........AMEN
Kampi is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 08:45 AM   #3147
country flag Brena

Quote:
I used to think something similar too, but now when you compare them at their peaks, they are totally different. Peak JJ was hitting the ball much harder, but Aga has more variety by far. Call me nuts, but peak JJ was more similar to Hingis than Aga will ever be. The only similarities between JJ and Aga are their defensive skills and the ability to make opponents move around like headless chickens.

Ana used to be a patient player herself, that's why she matches up against JJ better than some other big hitters, but Aga's playing style is something else, her shots are hard to attack, she has too much variety for Ana. Even peak Ana would struggle against her.
Well, in my mind, Jelena had two different successful playing styles in her career - the 2006-2007 one, where she had no serve or power but used her brain resulting in more variety (top-class humiliating lobs ), and the 2008 one, where she had more power, better serve but stuck to the baseline and used her faithful BH DTL to execute. And then, she let her lazy side win, she completely gave up on thinking on court and decided to take the seemingly easy route of a quasi-ballbasher which has led her to where she is now. i'll never understand why she was never able to combine her newly found aggression with using her brain.

By Harold Pinter&Brena

''Man up or go home.''

I miss Elena Dementieva.
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 08:45 AM   #3148
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I can imagine JJ leading and choking in the first set and getting bagelled in the second set. While Ana wouldn't be competitive even for a moment. Aga is too smart to miss the opportunity to exploit the worst bh in top 1000 from the first point.
fixed
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 08:47 AM   #3149
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hingis is like a combination of Radwanska's serve and dropshots, Jecalena's BH, and Chakvetadze's footwork.
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 08:48 AM   #3150
country flag Brena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad[le]y. View Post
fixed
But what about Goatsur?

By Harold Pinter&Brena

''Man up or go home.''

I miss Elena Dementieva.
Closed Thread