2012 Emmy nominations - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 24th, 2012, 02:59 AM   #61
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 Emmy nominations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurley View Post
Typical Emmys. 10% awesome wins, 25% absolute shit wins, 65% same people as last year.
Pretty much
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 24th, 2012, 03:02 AM   #62
country flag ukneecorn

ukneecorn is a name known to all ukneecorn is a name known to all ukneecorn is a name known to all ukneecorn is a name known to all ukneecorn is a name known to all ukneecorn is a name known to all ukneecorn is a name known to all ukneecorn is a name known to all ukneecorn is a name known to all ukneecorn is a name known to all ukneecorn is a name known to all

Either stop whining or stop watching.
ukneecorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 03:05 AM   #63
country flag ptkten

ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Typical Emmys. 10% awesome wins, 25% absolute shit wins, 65% same people as last year.
Yeah, that's basically it, they really do sort of suck.

First of all hats off to me for predicting the Homeland win. I'm happy that a different show won but Homeland will have so many more opportunities and I can't repeat enough that Breaking Bad Season 4 is one of the best seasons of television of all time. It's just not "important" enough for the big prize unfortunately. Oh well, The Wire never won either. I can't complain too much though because I haven't see Homeland and everyone says it is a good show.

Aaron Paul winning again

The comedy winners are either embarrassing or boring other than Louie's win for writing and JLD for Actress.

Game Change dominating mini-series/movie Another situation where the "importance" of the topic outweighed the actual quality of the television. It could have been the worst mini-series of all time and it still would have won.

McHale-Stephens-Watson-Robson-Townsend

Brodsky-Muhammed-Hampton-Keys-Crawford-Andrews-Hardebeck
ptkten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 03:13 AM   #64
country flag Hurley
Enemy of Art

Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukneecorn View Post
I didn't watch. Soooooo I'll whine and you can shut up. Thanks for trying.
http://thetenniscult.mirrorz.com's company tooooooooooo

I am on der Tvitter, accumulating haters. http://twitter.com/#!/Hurley_LLC
Hurley is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 03:24 AM   #65
country flag Hurley
Enemy of Art

Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptkten View Post
The comedy winners are either embarrassing or boring
Just, the Emmys are boring. It's just bizarre to me how I've been following them for 20 years now, you'd think NATAS would have lots of turnover in the membership, and yet they have always glommed onto people and keep rewarding them over and over and over and over again.

I am the LAST person in the world to talk shit about Maggie Smith, but, really, she won for the same role last year, a role she could do in her sleep, and Christina Hendricks will never win. I also believe Julie Bowen and Eric Stonestreet are very good comedians but...they have won before, and you're rewarding them again? Why bother having 6 (or 7) actors nominated in these categories if the same people are going to win every time?

Like...Julia Louis-Dreyfus doesn't even need to be in the same SHOW to repeat multiple times. They see her name and they pick her. It doesn't even matter. She could win for a remake of "Triumph of the Will." I just don't understand how 20 years ago she could win for "Seinfeld," 10 years ago for her execrable "Christine" show (which she was awful in), and now again for a show which admittedly I have not seen but can't be any better than "Parks & Rec" and Amy Poehler's work within it. These can't be all the same voters! I'm just...aghast.

LOL. I don't GET IT.

Old Sep 24th, 2012, 03:29 AM   #66
country flag Hurley
Enemy of Art

Like, I love "Mad Men," but I'm impressed that "Homeland" dethroned them, and Damian Lewis beat Cranston for his first "Breaking Bad" loss. It only took FOUR and THREE consecutive wins respectively for the voters to get tired of them.

And "Modern Family" three years in a row even though it was stale in its second season and I didn't even bother for the third season. Come on. It's just nonsense.

Old Sep 24th, 2012, 04:00 AM   #67
country flag ptkten

ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Like, I love "Mad Men," but I'm impressed that "Homeland" dethroned them, and Damian Lewis beat Cranston for his first "Breaking Bad" loss. It only took FOUR and THREE consecutive wins respectively for the voters to get tired of them.

And "Modern Family" three years in a row even though it was stale in its second season and I didn't even bother for the third season. Come on. It's just nonsense.
Maybe the Emmy's could institute a rule that performers can only win once for a particular show, it would make the Emmy's much more interesting. You would still have Mad Men and Modern Family winning 5,000 times in a row but at least some of the categories would be interesting.

McHale-Stephens-Watson-Robson-Townsend

Brodsky-Muhammed-Hampton-Keys-Crawford-Andrews-Hardebeck
ptkten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 09:12 AM   #68
country flag Beat

Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukneecorn View Post
why?

here are all the winners:
http://www.imdb.com/emmys/nominations

i haven't seen homeland, but it must be the best show ever if it beats mad men, game of thrones, breaking bad, downton abbey and boardwalk empire but i'm very happy for danes and lewis (whom i already liked very much in "life").

Beat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 03:41 PM   #69
country flag Roookie

Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Watched some part of it. Happy for Claire Danes and Game Change.
Roookie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 03:44 PM   #70
Mynarco
Zoooooooooom

Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute

Claire Danes's acting was dreadful in Stardust, and now she is winning awards left and right ?

Suicide: 08 Montreal 08 Stuttgart 09 USO 11 Eastbourne Stanford 13 Sydney Highest ranked #03
Tennis Tipping: 09 Cincy D 10 Brisbane D Copenhagen SD 11 Palermo D Beijing S 12 Pattaya S Stuttgart Baku D 13 Palermo D 14 Monterrey D(SCHR: 17 DCHR: 10)
Mynarco is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 03:55 PM   #71
country flag Freakan

Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute

I love Modern Family but Julie definitely doesn't deserve 2 awards while Sofia has none and for me Sofia's the biggest star of the show. Same goes for Eric who also has 2 awards now but for me he's the worst adult actor in the series as he's just overdoing everything...

Welcome Back:
Dokic Karatancheva
Freakan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 03:58 PM   #72
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"Years from now when the Earth is a burning husk and the aliens visit, they'll find a box of these and know just how predictable these fucking things can be."

Hoisting up his award for Best Variety Series—the sixth time he's won that trophy for The Daily Show—Jon Stewart made the shrewd (and hilarious) observation Sunday night at the Emmy Awards. On a night when so many of the winners had won Emmys before, Stewart couldn't be more correct.

As entertainment, this year's Emmy Awards telecast was quite good. Jimmy Kimmel was funny and breezy with his jokes, while the taped bits were all also strong. But as an awards show, this year's Emmy Awards was unforgivably boring.
[]
now it's not just the Emmy nominations that are yawn-inducingly predictable. The winners themselves are, too.
=> http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=468702
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 08:09 PM   #73
country flag Javi.

Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute

The lead comedy winners are terrible. I can't believe Jon Cryer won again

But I'm thrilled with both Damian and Claire winning. They were great in Homeland. Great first Season although Game of Thrones was the best show of the year so it should have won Best Drama.
Modern Family winning again is ok for me.

And wasn't Game Change trashed by the critics? As other poster said, it's the typical predictable choice in Picture made for TV: OMG important political theme, let's give it the win. But anyway I'm glad for Julianne Moore.
Javi. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 08:57 PM   #74
country flag Roookie

Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi. View Post
The lead comedy winners are terrible. I can't believe Jon Cryer won again

But I'm thrilled with both Damian and Claire winning. They were great in Homeland. Great first Season although Game of Thrones was the best show of the year so it should have won Best Drama.
Modern Family winning again is ok for me.

And wasn't Game Change trashed by the critics? As other poster said, it's the typical predictable choice in Picture made for TV: OMG important political theme, let's give it the win. But anyway I'm glad for Julianne Moore.
Game Change had excelent reviews by prestigious critics from New York Times and Rolling Stone. To me the movie was AWESOME and it should have been released in theathers.
Roookie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 09:50 PM   #75
country flag ukneecorn

ukneecorn is a name known to all ukneecorn is a name known to all ukneecorn is a name known to all ukneecorn is a name known to all ukneecorn is a name known to all ukneecorn is a name known to all ukneecorn is a name known to all ukneecorn is a name known to all ukneecorn is a name known to all ukneecorn is a name known to all ukneecorn is a name known to all

You've got to love the over-reaction to some award show by some people in this thread. Not everyone is going to agree with the winners chosen by the academy but guess what ? not everyone is going to agree with your choice either. Life isn't fair then why do you expect an awards show to be ?

Last edited by ukneecorn : Sep 24th, 2012 at 09:51 PM. Reason: spelling
ukneecorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote