Ana Ivanovic has a new boyfriend. - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 24th, 2012, 02:49 PM   #106
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Ivanovic has a new boyfriend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Of course this is real life.. and as such, not everyone is selfish, as you make it seem. It's a bit contradictory to say you are generalizing people and then mention good and bad qualities.. that's just the reason people shouldn't be generalized. There are people who will go out there and actually put the other best interest ahead.. that is what love is all about anyway.
People are selfish. Even when you neglect your job to spend time with your bf, you're selfish, but in some other way. There are not people who live and breathe for others, except your parents. You're expecting Ana's boyfriends basically to focus on her careers, so that she could shine. You're a selfish fan, Izzy. Nobody can do it instead of her. They have their careers. He obviously didn't want to neglect his job and spend the time with Ana, so Ana decided to skip the tournaments to watch him. Maybe she even liked it.

Someone can help you shine... Right, someone like Mirka, whose occupation is being Federer's wife.

Quote:
From being an Ana hater, I'm suddenly being acused of defending her irrationally... oh the irony!
No, I never said that, I just think that you're looking for some explanation for this downfall, that's why you wrote this:

Quote:
Now Ana was a world of difference when she was with Adam and when not. A world of difference. He was a completely awful influence to her.
No, she wasn't that much different. She became even worse when she was dating him, but she wasn't so different, the slump already began. And some people like being in abusive relationships. Her career was fine only when she was 100% focused on tennis. Once she started dating, it was never the same. She's obviously not able to set the limits and priorities.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!

Last edited by Cajka : Jul 24th, 2012 at 06:19 PM.
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 24th, 2012, 03:16 PM   #107
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
People are selfish. Even when you neglect your job to spend time with your bf, you're selfish, but in some other way. There are not people who live and breathe for others, except your parents. You're expecting Ana's boyfriends basically to focus on their careers, so that she could shine. You're a selfish fan, Izzy. Nobody can do it instead of her. They have their careers. He obviously didn't want to neglect his job and spend the time with Ana, so Ana decided to skip the tournaments to watch him. Maybe she even liked it.
Well.. clearly we disagree on life! A relationship is a partnership.. it shouldn't be just one doing all and the other never doing anything.. that's when it becomes abusive.. and a bad influence. And its not only about Ana neglecting tennis.. but him going all the way on influencing her team. He didn't have to.. and it's bad influence.. no other way to look at it.

I'm not even going to discuss the notion of selfish fan.. If I was thinking only of myself and my own well being I wouldn't be a fan of anyone but me.. Joking.. I just wouldn't be a fan per se at all as following someone like Ana hardly EVER brings me any joy

Quote:
Someone can help you shine... Right, someone like Mirka, whose occupation is being Federer's wife.
No.. We really disagree about how life works.. imagine 2 people.. one needs to go to an important class, the other needs to go a business cocktail. 2nd person really wants 1st person to be company to the coacktail, so 2nd person asks 1st person that, even though 2nd person knows how important that class is. 1st person says how important class is and that needs to go to class. But 2nd person insists. 1st person then says ok, lets go to cocktail. 2nd person was very selfish, and had the clear option not to be. Could just tell 1st person it was ok, and that they would see each other once the class and the cocktail were done. That would be helping the other while still doing what you have to do. Not everything is black and white, as you said yourself. And love is all about putting the other best interest ahead.. If 2nd person really liked 1st person, 2nd person would motivate 1st person to go to class and give support.

There is a quote from a Drew Barrimore-Jimmy Fallon movie (I know, I know..) that I think fits here: "You love me enough to give up on the most important thing and I love you enough to never allow you to do so."

Quote:
No, I never said that, I just think that you're looking for some explanation for this downfall, that's why you wrote this:
No.. not at all. Absolutely not. OMG.. Please..

The downfall and Ana per se were never in discussion.. And I thought we ALL agreed Ana is the one to blame for the death of her career.

I was just talking about liking a guy who was such clear awful influence. You said yourself you don't like him..

Quote:
No, she wasn't that much different. She became even worse when she was dating him, but she wasn't so different, the slump already began. And some people like being in abusive relationships. Her career was fine only when she was 100% focused on tennis. Once she started dating, it was never the same. She's obviously not able to set the limits and priorities.
Ok.. I'm NOT discussing Ana's stupid attitudes!!!! !!!!! !!!! I could start talking about Ana here.. but I don't want to, otherwise you guys would kick me out of the forum once again. I'm not discussing her throwing her career down the drain.

Now.. I do think she was a world of difference with him and without him.. I remember writting back in late 2010 how I was finally recognizing the Ana I like again.. she was that different to me, even while talking about things not related to tennis in interviews.

And look.. Ana started dating Fernando around september 2008. From that period until december, she added 3 tournaments to her schedule, made a QF, a SF and won a title. Didn't go WAGing in any of his tournaments, even though she could've gone to Davis Cup, since she was on holidays and was biggest match of his career (until that point). In the matter of 3 months he went to 2 of her tournaments. She met Adam in december.. from then till they first parted ways in 2010, she had a record of withdrawing from tournaments, played the least ammount ever in a year (2009, 14), WAGed endlessly (11 golf tournaments she attended), and became an irritating idiot. In a matter of 1 year and a half, Adam went to 2 of her tournaments. So its not only about dating or not.. sometimes you associate yourself with people who bring your worst into surface.

Like Radwanska-Wozniacki matches are always a bore.. while Wozniacki-Paszek was a great match, and Serena-Radwanska was also a nice one.. match ups matter.. and all I'm saying is that this guy was an awful influence for Ana's career and I could never like him exactly because of that.

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.

Last edited by gaviotabr : Jul 24th, 2012 at 03:23 PM.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2012, 03:59 PM   #108
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well.. clearly we disagree on life! A relationship is a partnership.. it shouldn't be just one doing all and the other never doing anything.. that's when it becomes abusive.. and a bad influence.
Yes, that's why you set the limits from the beginning.

Quote:
And its not only about Ana neglecting tennis.. but him going all the way on influencing her team. He didn't have to.. and it's bad influence.. no other way to look at it.
Why is there no fucking way that my bf could ever influence me that way? He can try, but there's no way I'll let him screw my brain. Again, it's about setting the limits. Not to mention how annoying it must be to have some "know it all" as your bf. In that sense, he is the major jerk for poking his nose into it in the first place.

Quote:
I'm not even going to discuss the notion of selfish fan.. If I was thinking only of myself and my own well being I wouldn't be a fan of anyone but me.. Joking.. I just wouldn't be a fan per se at all as following someone like Ana hardly EVER brings me any joy
selfish as a fan, not as a person. I wouldn't know about you as a person.

Quote:
No.. We really disagree about how life works.. imagine 2 people.. one needs to go to an important class, the other needs to go a business cocktail. 2nd person really wants 1st person to be company to the coacktail, so 2nd person asks 1st person that, even though 2nd person knows how important that class is. 1st person says how important class is and that needs to go to class. But 2nd person insists. 1st person then says ok, lets go to cocktail. 2nd person was very selfish, and had the clear option not to be. Could just tell 1st person it was ok, and that they would see each other once the class and the cocktail were done. That would be helping the other while still doing what you have to do. Not everything is black and white, as you said yourself.
They were both in a slump in 2010 IIRC. He was #65, right? But he wasn't skipping his tournaments, she did. I don't know if he asked her to, really. It's not like they were partying, he was committed to his career, while she didn't play. I don't know if he ever asked her to skip the tournaments. If he did, he's an idiot, but I'm sure that that he would never ask her that if he wasn't sure that he would say "yes". Of course, maybe some other guy wouldn't ask her to do that, but, again, maybe Adam wouldn't be a jerk if he was with a woman who was able to put him in his place.

Quote:
Now.. I do think she was a world of difference with him and without him.. I remember writting back in late 2010 how I was finally recognizing the Ana I like again.. she was that different to me, even while talking about things not related to tennis in interviews.
I'm not sure I know what you're talking about.

Quote:
And look.. Ana started dating Fernando around september 2008. From that period until december, she added 3 tournaments to her schedule, made a QF, a SF and won a title. Didn't go WAGing in any of his tournaments, even though she could've gone to Davis Cup, since she was on holidays and was biggest match of his career (until that point). She met Adam in december.. from then till they first parted ways in 2009, she had a record of withdrawing from tournaments, played the least ammount ever in a year (2009, 14), WAGed endlessly, and became an irritating idiot. So its not only about dating or not.. sometimes you associate yourself with people who bring your worst into surface.
Verdasco was a tennis player, so they had much more in common, she didn't have to skip the tournaments to see him. And I don't know how she became an irritating idiot. She became delusional and irresponsible.

Quote:
Like Radwanska-Wozniacki matches are always a bore.. while Wozniacki-Paszek was a great match, and Serena-Radwanska was also a nice one.. match ups matter.. and all I'm saying is that this guy was an awful influence for Ana's career and I could never like him exactly because of that.
Woz and Radwanska played a great match in Istanbul actually. The match-up became better when Aga improved her game. Before that, their matches were one-sided. She finally managed to beat her this year after 5 years.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Jul 24th, 2012, 04:41 PM   #109
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, that's why you set the limits from the beginning.

Why is there no fucking way that my bf could ever influence me that way? He can try, but there's no way I'll let him screw my brain. Again, it's about setting the limits. Not to mention how annoying it must be to have some "know it all" as your bf. In that sense, he is the major jerk for poking his nose into it in the first place.

They were both in a slump in 2010 IIRC. He was #65, right? But he wasn't skipping his tournaments, she did. I don't know if he asked her to, really. It's not like they were partying, he was committed to his career, while she didn't play. I don't know if he ever asked her to skip the tournaments. If he did, he's an idiot, but I'm sure that that he would never ask her that if he wasn't sure that he would say "yes". Of course, maybe some other guy wouldn't ask her to do that, but, again, maybe Adam wouldn't be a jerk if he was with a woman who was able to put him in his place.
One thing doesn't excuse the other.. one being weak and not putting all those limits doesn't excuse the fact of the other being a jerk. Or is it now ok to be a jerk, is it an understandable aproved behaviour to be a douchebag, just because your partner is weak? So is the blame all on the weak partner? "Man.. that person was weak, so the partner was right and had every single right of being a jerk!" Come one.. each person is responsable for their own acts, and being a jerk is never something that should be applauded.

Another thing.. what would he lose by asking? The worst thing for him would be her saying no.. wouldn't lose anything.. so I disagree with the notion that he would only ask if he knew she would say yes.. He could have very well asked and insisted on it, even if he knew that wouldn't be good for her, since it was what he wanted. But this is entering into speculation territory, and I don't want to go into that, since we will never really know.

The example I gave was a general one though.. fit for anyone in life. I wasn't necessarily comparing it to them. It was just an example of how a relationship can go about.

Quote:
selfish as a fan, not as a person. I wouldn't know about you as a person.
Of course.. and I'm referring exactly at the notion of selfish fan... I'm not going into it, because I don't think it works that way.

Quote:
Verdasco was a tennis player, so they had much more in common, she didn't have to skip the tournaments to see him. And I don't know how she became an irritating idiot. She became delusional and irresponsible.
She was an irritating idiot in my view, besides deluded and irresponsible.

Verdasco and Ana were not playing the same tournaments in that time spam, so that was irrelevant.

Quote:
Woz and Radwanska played a great match in Istanbul actually. The match-up became better when Aga improved her game. Before that, their matches were one-sided. She finally managed to beat her this year after 5 years.
I thought their YEC match was a torture, horrible match. They played in Sydney again, if I'm not mistaken, and it was another awful torture to me.

Old Jul 24th, 2012, 05:07 PM   #110
country flag Cajka

Quote:
One thing doesn't excuse the other.. one being weak and not putting all those limits doesn't excuse the fact of the other being a jerk. Or is it now ok to be a jerk, is it an understandable aproved behaviour to be a douchebag, just because your partner is weak? So is the blame all on the weak partner? "Man.. that person was weak, so the partner was right and had every single right of being a jerk!" Come one.. each person is responsable for their own acts, and being a jerk is never something that should be applauded.
I never said it's something to be applauded, I just say that it happens too often and it happens unintentionally. Maybe he likes being a jerk, but people usually don't want to be like that. Simply, if you're dominant, you start abusing the power. You can always choose the other option. For example, if I was a guy, I would totally break up with such woman. No matter how beautiful someone is, having no self-respect is a big turn off for me. Maybe you think that a guy should learn her to respect herself, to help her find her best game, but... There are no so many guys who are willing to do that kind of babysitting and it's again some other type of manipulation.

Quote:
Another thing.. what would he lose by asking? The worst thing for him would be her saying no.. wouldn't lose anything.. so I disagree with the notion that he would only ask if he knew she would say yes.. He could have very well asked and insisted on it, even if he knew that wouldn't be good for her, since it was what he wanted. But this is entering into speculation territory, and I don't want to go into that, since we will never really know.
Lol, I really can't ask my bf to call sick tomorrow and spends the day shopping with me. What would I lose if I do that? His respect probably.

Quote:
She was an irritating idiot in my view, besides deluded and irresponsible.
What's irritating idiot in this case?

Quote:
Verdasco and Ana were not playing the same tournaments in that time spam, so that was irrelevant.
They both played in Beijing, then he came to Doha to watch her, then they had an off-season, they spent it together. Then they both played Brisbane where she met Adam. They spent enough time together.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Jul 24th, 2012, 05:26 PM   #111
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
I never said it's something to be applauded, I just say that it happens too often and it happens unintentionally. Maybe he likes being a jerk, but people usually don't want to be like that. Simply, if you're dominant, you start abusing the power. You can always choose the other option. For example, if I was a guy, I would totally break up with such woman. No matter how beautiful someone is, having no self-respect is a big turn off for me. Maybe you think that a guy should learn her to respect herself, to help her find her best game, but... There are no so many guys who are willing to do that kind of babysitting and it's again some other type of manipulation.
Ok.. but there *is* another option.. and being a jerk, being an awful influence, as he was, is not to be applauded. That's the whole point really.

Quote:
What's irritating idiot in this case?
Everything she was doing was irritating... and the description of being an idiot. But I really don't want to go into what Ana did, because I would probably be kicked out of here.

Quote:
They both played in Beijing, then he came to Doha to watch her, then they had an off-season, they spent it together. Then they both played Brisbane where she met Adam. They spent enough time together.
Actually.. they both played Beijing.. then he went on to the European swing (Viena, St Petersburg, Madrid, Paris), and Ana did the same (Moscow, Zurich, Linz). He then went out of his way to go see her at Doha, which is more than Adam ever did. Whenever he was at a tournament, it was because he was there to play a golf tournament anyway or because its where he lives (Brisbane). Verdasco went on to play Davis Cup, and Ana could've gone with him, as she was on holidays, but didn't (with Adam she went as far as Singapure). After DC he went to see her in Mallorca, where she was already practicing. Ana and Verdasco were broken up before Brisbane even started.

I'm not trying to defend Verdasco though.. Who cares about that anyway? I was just trying to say that him being a tennis player wasn't necessarily an advantage (which you implied) as, apart from Beijing, they weren't playing the same tournaments at all.

Old Jul 24th, 2012, 05:51 PM   #112
country flag Cajka

Quote:
Ok.. but there *is* another option.. and being a jerk, being an awful influence, as he was, is not to be applauded. That's the whole point really.
I know, but I'm saying that she won't have a normal relationship if she doesn't find the way to stand up for herself. Unless she gets incredibly lucky. I don't know if Adam is really a moron or not (he looks like one though), but weak women are often abused.

Quote:
Everything she was doing was irritating... and the description of being an idiot. But I really don't want to go into what Ana did, because I would probably be kicked out of here.
Now you have to tell.

Quote:
Ana and Verdasco were broken up before Brisbane even started.
We don't know it, really.

Quote:
I'm not trying to defend Verdasco though.. Who cares about that anyway? I was just trying to say that him being a tennis player wasn't necessarily an advantage (which you implied) as, apart from Beijing, they weren't playing the same tournaments at all.
We'll see it now if this story about Vanja is true. I mean, if she really went to Belgrade so many times just to see him, then What can I say?! "That's how some girls are."
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Jul 24th, 2012, 06:21 PM   #113
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
I know, but I'm saying that she won't have a normal relationship if she doesn't find the way to stand up for herself. Unless she gets incredibly lucky. I don't know if Adam is really a moron or not (he looks like one though), but weak women are often abused.
Maybe she will find a guy who will actually bring out the best in her. Lets hope for that!

As for Adam... bottom line is that he was a jerk, and an awful influence. That Ana was weak doesn't make him any less of a douchebag towards her. And he always had a chance not to be. Her being weak doesnt condone his behaviour.

Quote:
We don't know it, really.
Well.. he was asked in Brisbane, and said he didn't want to talk about her with a pissed off face. That's just like saying they had broken up. A week later in Kooyong he said they weren't together anymore.

Ana met Adam in december.. not a coincidence IMHO.

Quote:
We'll see it now if this story about Vanja is true. I mean, if she really went to Belgrade so many times just to see him, then What can I say?! "That's how some girls are."
I somehow think its not true.. but we'll see..

Old Jul 24th, 2012, 06:44 PM   #114
country flag Cajka

Quote:
Maybe she will find a guy who will actually bring out the best in her. Lets hope for that!
And then we will be scared that she'll leave the perfect guy ... I want her to be responsible and to take care of her career. A career of a 25 yo woman can't depend on men in her life, that's embarrassing. If she was mature, we wouldn't be discussing this at all.

Quote:
Well.. he was asked in Brisbane, and said he didn't want to talk about her with a pissed off face. That's just like saying they had broken up. A week later in Kooyong he said they weren't together anymore.

Ana met Adam in december.. not a coincidence IMHO.
I don't know, I remember that the journalists asked them if they were gonna watch each other's matches and they were both like: "Maybe."

Quote:
I somehow think its not true.. but we'll see..
Why? It seems like a true to me. She's often in Belgrade, they were seen together, he's her type of guy (few years older womanizer with a great body), it's some secret relationship, but they don't deny it neither. deja vu...
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Jul 24th, 2012, 06:53 PM   #115
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
And then we will be scared that she'll leave the perfect guy ... I want her to be responsible and to take care of her career. A career of a 25 yo woman can't depend on men in her life, that's embarrassing. If she was mature, we wouldn't be discussing this at all.
One thing is not exclusive of the other.

Agreed about Ana.. lets hope she puts her head in the right place!

Quote:
I don't know, I remember that the journalists asked them if they were gonna watch each other's matches and they were both like: "Maybe."
He said that the day he arrived, straight from the airport into the Brisbane draw, on december 31st. Ana never said anything. He then was asked and it was as I said.

Quote:
Why? It seems like a true to me. She's often in Belgrade, they were seen together, he's her type of guy (few years older womanizer with a great body), it's some secret relationship, but they don't deny it neither. deja vu...
Were they seen together? Pics or it didn't happen.. If its based only on that Press article, then we don't really know if its true.

We have to wait and see... It's not like I trust Ana's taste in men either.. Again.. I don't want to start discussing Ana here or I'll get kicked out.

Old Jul 24th, 2012, 06:55 PM   #116
country flag gaviotabr

BTW, I can't believe this thread has 8 pages..

Old Jul 24th, 2012, 07:02 PM   #117
country flag Cajka

Quote:

We have to wait and see... It's not like I trust Ana's taste in men either.. Again.. I don't want to start discussing Ana here or I'll get kicked out.
say it already
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Jul 24th, 2012, 07:13 PM   #118
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
say it already

I'm enjoying my current life in this forum..

Lets leave this aside.. for now anyway!

Ok?

Old Jul 24th, 2012, 07:27 PM   #119
country flag Cajka

Quote:

I'm enjoying my current life in this forum..

Lets leave this aside.. for now anyway!

Ok?

OK

ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Jul 24th, 2012, 07:33 PM   #120
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
OK

Good gif..

I'm going through gifs here.. There are some hilarious ones!