Ana Ivanovic has a new boyfriend. - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 07:58 PM   #76
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Ivanovic has a new boyfriend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
And Julie Coin was rooting for Adam.. yep.. both had a major impact in the death of Ana's career.
why? Is she dating Adam? /clueless
debby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 08:00 PM   #77
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
i have no idea what happened coz i don't follow golf but if adam lost in a way that hurts it can only be a good thing, so

Poor guy.. He had a 4 shot lead with 4 holes to play.. bogeyed them all, and Els hit a birdie.

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 08:02 PM   #78
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by debby View Post
why? Is she dating Adam? /clueless
No.. Julie Coin was the college player/journeywoman who beat Ana at the USO 2008 2nd round when Ana was number 1.. a loss Ana didn't take well at all.. one of the worst of her career.

Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 08:16 PM   #79
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
What kind of career decisions? I have not been following her closely.

I am not an Ivanovic fan, I have to say that, but I am interested by her career. It's quite fascinating the way she became a journeywoman with all that talent. Really, I can't understand it. It sucks to be an Ana fan.

But yes, true, she was much more seen on golf fields than training on tennis courts during the off season
Oh.. many many WTF career decisions. Many.

She met him december 2008. Went coachless for a while.. lost early in many tournaments.. fired her fitness coach Scott Byrnes, only coach she ever had for a long time period. Skipped tournaments and was seen in so many golf tournaments during 2009, that I even lost count.. On the other hand, he went to see her at Wimbledon and that was it. Took 4 months off at the end of the season, going from golf tournament to golf tournament until December 10th. So she was not practicing.. because spending 5 hours walking golf courses each day is not really compatible with tennis practice. She was just neglecting tennis like there is no tomorrow. They broke up for the 1st time in july 2010, when Ana had fallen to number 62 in the world. She then refocused and quickly rose 45 spots to number 17 by the end of the year, winning 15 of her last 18 matches in 2010. She was number 16 in the world and had just hired Scott Byrnes for fitness coach again by july 2011, when she started seeing Adam again. She was fast to fire Byrnes again, and take up some osteopath recomended by Adam to give her exercises to do. A woman named Tina Maio who mostly works with golfers and never travels, being based in Melbourne. Ana has struggled with fitness huge time, barely lasting 3 set matches. Spent most of the 2011 off season again walking the golf tournaments... Decided to spend time after AO this year in Australia so that she could still be with him, instead of playing any tournament. They broke up again in Miami..

Its not his fault.. its Ana's fault.. its her career, her life, her choices. But we are influenced by those around us in our approach to life. And he was a bad influence for her career.

Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 08:27 PM   #80
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute

Wow...

Ok so why did she fire Byrnes if he was good to her fitness 2008 was her peak in all aspects, including fitness...
and um did she really skip a few tournaments so she would go to golf tournaments ? Not during off seasons like in the summer or in the winter?

Unbelievable.
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 08:45 PM   #81
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Wow...

Ok so why did she fire Byrnes if he was good to her fitness 2008 was her peak in all aspects, including fitness...
and um did she really skip a few tournaments so she would go to golf tournaments ? Not during off seasons like in the summer or in the winter?

Unbelievable.
Ana first fired Scott Byrnes in july 2009.. he had been her fitness coach since 2006. The reason given was that he wanted to spend time with his family in Australia. That was though as he quickly became Vera Zvonareva's fitness coach, for end of 2009/start of 2010. He then joined Vika's camp, working as Vika's fitness coach until july 2011. He was on tour all this time, so that excuse just wasn't true. Ana then approached him while he was still Vika's fitness coach, to ask him to train her again, the same time she hired Nigel as a tennis coach. Vika said Scott decided to leave her team. That she didn't want him to leave, but it was his choice. Ana hired him in july 2011.. but as soon as we saw her hanging out with Adam again, Scott went missing.. later on they announced they had parted ways, saying they didnt have same views regarding her fitness.. He probably wanted her to train and practice, and she didn't.. or maybe Adam just was not that into Scott.. Ana hired this osteopath, who works with Adam and was indicated by him, to give her exercises.. she is not really a fitness coach though, as she doesn't travel.. and Ana is the first tennis player she ever worked with.. as she was mostly working with aussie golfers. This woman also said Ana wasn't going to be doing much work in the gym at all, as she didn't think it was necessary..

And yes.. Ana skipped tournaments to go WAGing.. in february... april.. july.. and october.. not only off season. Those off seasons they spent together though were all about hopping from one golf tournament to the next, until december.. so preparation time was also filled with golf. People can say she was also practicing.. but I honestly don't think one can practice tennis and train in the gym properly if 5 hours a day are spent walking a golf course.. and more being in the golf club. Just not compatible.

Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 08:55 PM   #82
debby

That's sad really, all that for a guy? :/

Not necessary to practise for a tennis player? Omg is she kidding us right?
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 09:00 PM   #83
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Poor guy.. He had a 4 shot lead with 4 holes to play.. bogeyed them all, and Els hit a birdie.
why poor guy?

azdaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 09:04 PM   #84
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
why poor guy?

Good one!

You are right.. he is definitely not poor.. Just that I've always hated chokes.

Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 09:17 PM   #85
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
That's sad really, all that for a guy? :/

Not necessary to practise for a tennis player? Omg is she kidding us right?
Yes.. gym work was not necessary. Ana talked about it during AO, and also Tina Maio.

This is what Ana said during AO:

Quote:
Q. Fitnesswise, was the emphasis strength or speed or endurance?

ANA IVANOVIC: Actually, to be honest, this offseason it was kind of a bit maybe radical for me. But the emphasis was really getting body in a shape that I wanted to be.

And it's still work in progress. But I really wanted to take load off it, and because there was lot of things that were not functioning properly, and I really wanted to get more flexible and stronger in that sense, so the body functions in a proper way.

So I really stepped out of the gym and did kind of a lot of rehab work. All my fitness I based on playing tennis and doing lots of drills and footwork on the court.
http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/...797384350.html

Tina Maio posted this presser on facebook back in january. I asked her about it on facebook, if Ana would be doing gym work later on, and this is what she replied:

Quote:
Q: So from the article I take she didn't do gym work for fitness during off season. Will she do gym work at some point? She has struggled a lot with fitness and endurance, and seem to have lost some power in her shots.

A: Not gym work. We wanted to get her back to playing with no pain and better function so all her exercises are very specific to tennis and to what she is working on with her coach to achieve technically.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coburg...alth-Services/

So.. I take she was not doing work at the gym... fitness was based on playing tennis.. just doing footwork and drills on court.. I honestly don't think that is enough.. and judging by how Ana could barely last any longish match before looking totally exausted, it was not helping her much with endurance.

Old Jul 23rd, 2012, 12:29 AM   #86
country flag doni1212
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Really... Ana fans who like this guy and root for him is the biggest case in study for me. Its like rooting for Julie Coin or something. He was one of the major factors in the death of Ana's career.

I see someone like Curtis, who is Ana's self proclaimed number 1 fan, rooting for this guy time and again.. and I ask myself.. Does Ana have only "Ana the person" fans or does she have any "Ana the tennis player" fans? Because that this guy was a bad influence in Ana's career is something absolutely undeniable. I think some of his comments towards her are humilliating as a woman.. but then that can be a matter of discussion and disagreement.. But regarding her tennis.. the way she was going everywhere and skipping tournaments and firing people and skipping training to go to golf tournaments, it just killed her career.. and she was doing it for him. And we can't say he was there for her, because he wasn't. Maybe some Ana fans only want her looking pretty next to a famous handsome boyfriend and nothing more.

I guess killing tennis careers give you golf majors as he has this one in the bag already.

IZZY! It isn't Adam's fault. It's Ana's. If Curtis and I want to root for Adam, then let us! We don't have to hate the guy. He didn't destroy Ana's career. She did! She's not his slave. He didn't make her do ANYTHING she didn't want to do. She stayed with him when he was humiliating her, lusting after other women, etc. SHE fired Scott. SHE refused to train. SHE neglected her tennis. Her not Adam. Her stupidity. Stop blaming Adam. Seriously.

You sound like those idiots who blame Bobby for Whitney's death. Her life. Her choices.

Quote:
I'm not going to go into what happened in their relationship, since I don't know. But it had a direct effect in the death of Ana's career.. that's a fact. And that's what matters to me. She met this guy and the tennis player she was died.. she became someone who neglected tennis and choked match after match. Its her fault.. but we are a product of the people around us.. weather its a mom, a dad, a teacher, a boyfriend, whoever.. they influence our approach to life. And Ana's career just died slowly from the moment she met this guy.

Its really irritating seeing so called Ana fans wondering if she will call him and so on.. and rooting for him to win... Really.. its like reading on and on Ana fans rooting for Julie Coin.

And I'm glad its all over, according to his father. Continuing this would never do Ana any good.
That's it. Fuck the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloria7 View Post
I agree with you. It was so sad to see that she lost her own identity while dating Adam. She had her career, money and fame, she wasn't one of those kept-ladies, that his fellow golfers are married with. Yet, those waitresses, stripers, housewives and cheerleaders were ignoring her so hard at the Presidents Cup. I guess Ana was "overqualified" to be a WAG.

That why it was so sad to read her interviews. If you wanted to know what Ana thinks about any subject, all you had to do is to find latest Adam's interview and to read it. She was repeating his words - "heaps"... "mate"..."barbie"..."no worries"...he explained to her the meaning of "catch 22"...She went from Beyonce and Pink to "his" music - Kings of Leon and Cold Play...from Wenthworth Miller and Brad Pitt to Edward Norton and Kevin Spacey...she wanted to live in Noosa, to qiut tennis and have kids, she likes Australian vine "Shiraz" and visits his friends...she was reading books he recommended - "The lock artist" and Dan Brown books...She was watching his movies, fired Byrnes twice, hired his osteopath. But when she said she would invite Nelson Mandela for a dinner - i thought it's just too much. I went to Adam's official website and there it was - The person you admire most? (Mandela and Greg Norman).

I remember when journalist asked Ana to compare Adam to some tennis player (career and results wise),she said : "I don't want to compare him to anyone. I DON"T WANT TO ANNOY HIM." And what she got? He said he planned to play in Hawaii during her tournaments in Brisbane and AO, but he had tonsils removed so needed 3 weeks to recover. Seems he "supported" her because he had nothing better to do.

Sadly, but 4 years later we are still talking about her private life, cuz it has such a big influence on her career. And what she's been doing? It's july and Ana is on vacation for the 6th time already ,she wasn't practicing for 3 weeks and no one knows where she is.
Well that's pathetic. It's sad that she couldn't find her own identity. I hope she learned from that. And like you said, she's on vacation and not practicing before one of the biggest events of her career. Are we supposed to blame Adam for that too?
Old Jul 23rd, 2012, 02:05 AM   #87
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by doni1212 View Post

IZZY! It isn't Adam's fault. It's Ana's. If Curtis and I want to root for Adam, then let us! We don't have to hate the guy. He didn't destroy Ana's career. She did! She's not his slave. He didn't make her do ANYTHING she didn't want to do. She stayed with him when he was humiliating her, lusting after other women, etc. SHE fired Scott. SHE refused to train. SHE neglected her tennis. Her not Adam. Her stupidity. Stop blaming Adam. Seriously.

You sound like those idiots who blame Bobby for Whitney's death. Her life. Her choices.

You make it seem like I'm forbidding you of liking him. You can do whatever you want.. so can anyone, obviously. And I can think its a case in study, like rooting for Julie Coin.

Sure, its Ana's fault.. she threw her career down the drain. But someone who is a self declared Ana fan and likes a guy who was a clear factor and a big influence in that whole negative process is indeed something I can't understand.

Since you bring up Whitney.. of course Bobby isn't to blame.. as Adam isn't to blame.. but do real Whitney fans love Bobby and root for him to win grammys or something? It's one thing not to blame.. its another to like or worship someone who negatively influenced the person you are a fan of and was a huge factor in that person going down a bad path. Hey I love Bobby, he offered drugs to Whitney! Come on... its not his fault, its hers.. but he wasn't a good influence.

We are a product of the people around us.. people around us are a big influence in our decisions and approach to life... that's for anyone.. and be it mom, dad, brother, sister, friends, girlfriend, boyfriend, teacher, coach, whoever it is.. those people around us can influence us in good and bad ways... can help us grow or drown.. Ultimately, everything that we do is our responsability, our choices, our life, our fault. But we can't deny the influence of people around us.

Adam was an undeniable awful influence in Ana's career.. if she skipped tournaments to go WAGing, it was her choice, but because of him, his influence.. and I could go on and on. He might be a great guy, I'm not judging him.. But he was a big factor in the death of Ana's career. See.. I'm a fan of Ana the tennis player, not really of Ana the person. I liked Adam at the beginning, as I don't really care for Ana's boyfriends.. but after all that has happened, and all Ana did.. I can't like someone who was such an active negative influence in Ana's WTF decisions regarding her career. If you want to love him and root for him, fine.. I still think its a case in study... hey hey, he is so great, Ana made a whole bunch of stupid decisions that killed her career to spent time with him or to please him! Awesome! I'm not excusing Ana.. or saying it was all him.. I just wouldn't be able to like anyone who had any influence in the demise of Ana's tennis.

Since you are a Serena fan... do you love Drake or something or the guy who broke her heart?

Old Jul 23rd, 2012, 02:38 AM   #88
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Adam was an undeniable awful influence in Ana's career.. if she skipped tournaments to go WAGing, it was her choice, but because of him, his influence..
I think that it's just about her being weak and easily manipulated. Even if she never met Adam, she would find another way to screw her career, it wouldn't be Adam, but some other guy or something else. I'm glad that she left him, but who knows what happened there. Maybe she wanted to WAG instead of playing tennis. She's been a person who avoided to take the responsibility for her decisions for a while and she ignores her problems. Watching him playing golf instead of playing or practicing is exactly what an irresponsible person would do.
Old Jul 23rd, 2012, 02:42 AM   #89
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
I think that it's just about her being weak and easily manipulated. Even if she never met Adam, she would find another way to screw her career, it wouldn't be Adam, but some other guy or something else. I'm glad that she left him, but who knows what happened there. Maybe she wanted to WAG instead of playing tennis. She's been a person who avoided to take the responsibility for her decisions for a while and she ignores her problems. Watching him playing golf instead of playing or practicing is exactly what an irresponsible person would do.
Maybe.. but we don't know, so... We can speculate that would be the case, seeing all she did.. but we just don't know. Ana wasn't always like this.. and how she gets more commited when she is apart from him can't be a coincidence.

Fact is he was a bad influence. Her fault, her weakness, her irresponsability... but still a bad influence coming from him.

Old Jul 23rd, 2012, 02:54 AM   #90
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Maybe.. but we don't know, so... We can speculate that would be the case, seeing all she did.. but we just don't know. Ana wasn't always like this.. and how she gets more commited when she is apart from him can't be a coincidence.

Fact is he was a bad influence. Her fault, her weakness, her irresponsability... but still a bad influence coming from him.
Of course, but it's not like he raised her. She was 21 when she met him. Really, it's up to your parents to explain you some things about life. They can't make the choices instead of her, but they should have warned her. Not to mention that she started dating when she was 20 yo. She was a naive and inexperienced girl who started dating few years older womanizers. It's not easy to handle such men.