TCG: a tennis Trading Card Game [Rules & Sign-ups] - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 20th, 2011, 01:32 AM   #1
country flag Mary Cherry.

Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute
TCG: a tennis Trading Card Game [Rules & Sign-ups]

Welcome to TCG, a new game that's fresh to these forums but with a familiar concept.

The game is a combination between a trading card game and a fantasy league - you'll collect cards of your favourite (or maybe not so favourite) players and the points you gain will depend on how your players perform in real life.

__________________________________________________ _________________________________________

Here's a step-by-step guide to how it'll work once you join

1. Building your squad
  • To start, choose one player to be part of your 'squad'. You can choose any player on the WTA tour but remember that the amount of points you earn will depend on how well your players do in real life.
  • Everyone starts with 750 points. You will then recieve a Welcome Pack. Each Welcome Pack contains two player cards that will be chosen at random - one top 20 player and one top 50 player. You'll also recieve one bonus card, which I'll explain shortly.
  • If you don't like any of the players you've recieved, you can trade them with others for different cards or for points (see section 4)
  • If you want to boost your squad at any time, you can purchase different packs (similar to your welcome pack) from me using your points (see section 5)
  • For the record, there is no harm in having the same players as someone else, in fact duplicates will become more likely as the game goes on. However, top 10 player cards will be more rare and will have a greater value.
example

Mr X chooses Caroline Wozniacki as their starting player.

He then recieves his Welcome Pack, which contains Jelena Jankovic (his top 20 player) and Lucie Safarova (his top 50 player). He also recieves his bonus card (explained in section 3)

2. Playing the game
  • Each week, you can select a maximum of 5 players from your squad (the rest will be "benched", as they say)
  • The ranking points your players earn from each tournament will be added to your total points, so choosing the right players to use at each tournament is crucial.
  • Each month there will be a thread in which you will choose which players you want to use each week. You can change your mind up until the start of the main draw, but no later.

3. Bonus cards
  • There are two types of bonus cards - surface cards and in-form player cards. Surface cards can be only be used once. They can be applied to any player (only one card per player at a time), and will boost the points that player earns by a certain percentage.
example

Mr X's player Caroline Wozniacki is playing a clay court tournament. He decides to apply a surface bonus to his player card.

An additional 20% of the points Caroline wins at the tournament will be added to Mr X's overall points. Surface cards will contain either a 20% or 50% bonus.
  • In-form player cards are added to the game after every tournament. A new player card will be created when a player wins a tournament, and these cards will come with an automatic percentage bonus for the player.
  • The amount of bonus will depend on the level of tournament the player won.
  • These cards can be used at any time, and can be purchased in one of the packs that will be available.
example

Earlier this season, Li Na won Sydney (a WTA Premier event) and Jarmila Groth was the winner of Hobart (a WTA International event).

Li's in-form player card will have a 20% bonus for winning a Premier event, while Groth's card will have a 10% bonus for winning an International event. In form player cards for Grand Slam winners will have a bonus of 50%, however these cards will be very rare.

4. Trading
  • You will probably accumulate a number of unwanted cards in the game but fortunately one person's loss is another person's gain. You will be able to trade your cards with other people in the game, whether it be for other cards or for points.
  • A thread will be created purely for trades where you can post which cards are on your wishlist, and which cards you want to get rid of.
  • After trading, you will be able to use your new card(s) the next week.

5. Purchasing packs

If you want to add to your squad, whether you want bonus cards or simply more player cards to choose from, then you can purchase packs of cards using your points.

Some of the packs available will be:

• Player packs contain 4 player cards: 2 top 32 players and 2 top 75 players. These will cost 750 points.
  • Surface packs contain 4 random surface cards. These will cost 500 points.
  • Gold packs contain 4 player cards: 3 top 32 players and 1 in-form player card. These will cost 1500 points.
  • ITF packs contain 2 player cards of your choice ranked outside of the top 75. These will cost 500 points.
  • A number of Limited Edition cards with a bonus of 100% are available from the TCG Shop. The cost of these cards will depend on the player.
There will also be special auctions throughout the season, where you can bid on rare player cards.
__________________________________________________ _________________________________________

I think that's everything If there's anything you don't understand about the game, feel free to ask.

All that's left to do is for you to sign up Simply post one player of choice and once we have enough people involved, you'll all receive your welcome packs.

Last edited by Mary Cherry. : Jul 29th, 2012 at 04:39 PM.
Mary Cherry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 20th, 2011, 01:34 AM   #2
country flag Carotastrophe

Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future
Re: TCG: a tennis Trading Card Game [Rules & Sign-ups]

Caroline Wozniacki Please
M. Sharapova-D. Gavrilova-S. Stosur-Sun-Ling-Kai Chen
Carotastrophe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 01:39 AM   #3

Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute

That was quick Thanks for joining
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 07:01 AM   #4
Andreas
секси

Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute

Great work!

Can we choose the same player?
I choose Zvonareva ()

VICTORIA AZARENKA
IVANOVIC, KONJUH, VEKIC, WOZNIACKI

Andreas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 07:03 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
Great work!

Can we choose the same player?
I choose Zvonareva ()
Yes, you can choose anyone you like. Doesn't matter if they've already been chosen

You'll all end up with lots of different player cards in the future anyway.
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 01:07 PM   #6
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, it looks great

I choose Kim Clijsters
Djezonfly is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 07:49 PM   #7
country flag Broseghini

Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute

Ana Ivanovic

MARIA KIRILENKO | ALIZE CORNET | MARION BARTOLI
MARIA SHARAPOVA | JELENA JANKOVIC | ANA IVANOVIC | CAROLINE GARCIA
Broseghini is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 08:23 PM   #8
country flag Sharapovian
RG '14

Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute

Can I reserve Sharapova please?

I'll get back to you if I'm not able to play.
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 08:26 PM   #9
country flag Sasja

Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute

Looks really good

Maria Sharapova please

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS
LISICKI FLIPKENS MATTEK-SANDS ARVIDSSON KRAJICEK REZAI
Sasja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 08:34 PM   #10
country flag Sharapovian
RG '14

Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasja View Post
Looks really good

Maria Sharapova please
You can have her if I don't play
Old Jan 21st, 2011, 12:26 AM   #11

Thanks for joining guys Hopefully this can start in time for Paris/Pattaya City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazoo.C View Post
Even if you do play, you can both have her
Old Jan 21st, 2011, 04:10 AM   #12
country flag Sasja

Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazoo.C View Post

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS
LISICKI FLIPKENS MATTEK-SANDS ARVIDSSON KRAJICEK REZAI
Sasja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2011, 04:14 AM   #13
Michael.
days are gone

Michael. has disabled reputation

Li Na please!

SHUAI ZHANG («) STEFANIE VÖGELE
peng / niculescu / pliskova / hantuchova / li
vesnina / wozniak / hsieh / pliskova / cirstea
Michael. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2011, 04:49 AM   #14

Thanks for joining
Old Jan 22nd, 2011, 10:18 PM   #15
country flag IMPOSSIBLE
. . .

IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute

looks amazing, seems quite complicated but very rewarding...

I will play and try and learn on the go

Nadia Petrova

I mainly dont understand like how matches will happen, is their matches??

♠ Check Out > Sofia-Arvidsson.webs.com

♠ Follow > Sofia Arvidsson Twitter Fans
IMPOSSIBLE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote