How do you deal with depression? - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 31st, 2012, 10:57 AM   #166
country flag Steven.

Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How do you deal with depression?

yeah distracting yourself when all that's on your mind is negativity is really hard. I mean going out, watching tv shows, studying can help for a short time but I feel like the mind still focuses on the bad stuff. like about going out, it's just like what's the point of anything and don't even want to be there anyway... presense of people can only help so much.

people are depressed because they feel helpless, hopeless and they feel like noone can understand what theyre going through and from that feeling completely alone and nothing can fill the void. being around people doesn't change that. The sense of loneliness can't be relieved or cured by going out. You know what they say, "real loneliness isn't necessarily limited to when you are alone".
Advertisement

Old Jul 31st, 2012, 01:39 PM   #167
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by debby View Post
That's ignorant....
Even when you are out having fun, you can be depressed. That annoys me so much that confusion between sadness and real depression !
I'm not confused between the two (I have a bachelors degree in Psychology). It's called Eco-Therapy look it up! I didn't mean to marginalize depression, that wasn't my intent. Millions of people suffer from depression and I know it's not as simple as going out- but going out, being one with nature, exercising, and finding social activities u like all help in reducing stress.

The thread says "how do u deal with depression" and since there are several forms of depression ranging from mild to severe I offered a simple drug free solution that has proven effective in mild depression.
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro

Last edited by Sir Stefwhit : Jul 31st, 2012 at 06:23 PM.
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2012, 01:52 PM   #168
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Stefwhit View Post
Shut the he'll up... I'm not confused between the two (I have a bachelors degree in Psychology). It's called Eco-Therapy look it up! I didn't mean to marginalize depression, that wasn't my intent. Millions of people suffer from depression and I know it's not as simple as going out- but going out, being one with nature, exercising, and finding social activities u like all help in reducing stress.

The thread says "how do u deal with depression" and since there are several forms of depression ranging from mild to severe I offered a simple drug free solution that has proven effective in mild depression.
Yes but then, you can lose interest in many things and be disappointed by people. It's actually a vicious circle.

And I agree with your statement, there are a few forms of depression indeed. Thing is that depression is a mental disease, so I am not sure to know what mild depression is, in comparaison to "mere" sadness.
debby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2012, 12:37 AM   #169
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martian Jeza View Post
Still wondering if there are people like me suffering of very severe anxiety disorders here but hey Toma : as I said, you can count on me, sweetie
Agoraphobia, worst kind of panic attacks? Yes.
Old Aug 1st, 2012, 02:29 AM   #170
country flag McPie
The Saimai Wives

McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
Agoraphobia, worst kind of panic attacks? Yes.
oh, you have to learn the life of Jérémie, and you will find out that his post in this is just 10% of his depression

The McFanPage | The McTwit | The McThread 4 | The McList on IMDb | The McTumblr | The McStagram
Proud Older Stepsister of Natasha Nicole, TF Transgender Female Lesbian Duo
McPie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2012, 02:49 AM   #171
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by McPie View Post
oh, you have to learn the life of Jérémie, and you will find out that his post in this is just 10% of his depression
I've never heard about it.

However, I've never suffered from depression, but the anxiety has been quite an issue for me.

I live with that and it's been a while since I accepted that I will never get rid of that. For some reason it helped me. I'm pretty much a control freak, so, of course, I wanted my anxiety to be under control, naturally - it never happened. When I accepted it, it got better, but it's still there to ruin my day completely occasionally.
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 09:53 PM   #172
country flag CatTs

CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of

• be active
• eat healthy
• stay in touch with friends
• learn new skills
• take time to relax
• analyze dat mess in your head

Who said it's gonna be easy?

IMHO
always, naturally
CatTs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2012, 01:51 PM   #173
country flag McPie
The Saimai Wives

McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
I've never heard about it.

However, I've never suffered from depression, but the anxiety has been quite an issue for me.

I live with that and it's been a while since I accepted that I will never get rid of that. For some reason it helped me. I'm pretty much a control freak, so, of course, I wanted my anxiety to be under control, naturally - it never happened. When I accepted it, it got better, but it's still there to ruin my day completely occasionally.
me : I live with anger/depression until it became my laugh

The McFanPage | The McTwit | The McThread 4 | The McList on IMDb | The McTumblr | The McStagram
Proud Older Stepsister of Natasha Nicole, TF Transgender Female Lesbian Duo
McPie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 12:45 PM   #174
country flag KeepCalmLetItBe

KeepCalmLetItBe is a glorious beacon of light KeepCalmLetItBe is a glorious beacon of light KeepCalmLetItBe is a glorious beacon of light KeepCalmLetItBe is a glorious beacon of light KeepCalmLetItBe is a glorious beacon of light KeepCalmLetItBe is a glorious beacon of light KeepCalmLetItBe is a glorious beacon of light KeepCalmLetItBe is a glorious beacon of light KeepCalmLetItBe is a glorious beacon of light KeepCalmLetItBe is a glorious beacon of light KeepCalmLetItBe is a glorious beacon of light

im so depressed, i like this guy and we a couple times, he was giving me positive vibes but then he's pretty much dissapeared and he wont answer my calls
KeepCalmLetItBe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 03:53 PM   #175
country flag CatTs

CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of

He's a dick.

IMHO
always, naturally
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 06:50 PM   #176
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

I don't.

Everyday, every hour, I wonder why I'm keeping myself alive. I won't kill myself though, mainly because I'm too much of a wimp, and as unbearable as being alive is to me, I'm not sure at all of what death is made of.

I feel like I'm collecting every possible anguish implied trouble: OCD, eating disorders, depression, phobia and panic.... And it's just worsening every year. I've been depressed since I was like 10 (I'm turning 24 in a couple weeks....), and I've only kept reaching new lows within th years, and discovering that there's no limit to the worse and the unberable. I've try about every fucking pill on Earth, different dosages, I've been on an intensive therapy for 4 years now, and it keeps getting worse in spite of all of that I've tried.

Now, I'm just exhausted, profoundly hopeless and lonely, feeling uncurable, like the occasional case where science fails. All my symptoms are just taking all my energy and had me basically disabled (can't even read a book anymore), and I'm so weary and desireless that I spend most of my days in bed. Thinking about how I'm gonna die without having lived, and watching people live, trying very hard not to just start sobbing endlessly.

I've try the walks in the park, forcing myself to see friends, etc. it was just effectless, didn't make me feel better at all, just even more tired than I already was. Maybe, I dunno, it was just meant to be like that, it's part of me that wants me dead.

Tomorrow, I'm trying a new medicine, a neuroleptic. My shrink had to insist for a long time to make me accept to try it, because I've alreday tried several ones, and all they did was making me feel even worse, zombiesque, suicidal (one of them even gave me milk let-down ) and I was taking minimal dosage. I have no hope about this new one, but let it be, at least my shrink will leave me alone with this shit when it fails.

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Bencic Vekic Kovinic Smitkova Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Rezai Pervak Jovanovski Mitu Savic Sasnovich Kremen Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova Milevskaya
Losing Streak is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 02:25 PM   #177
country flag Remix13

Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of

In WoT, I deal with (gun) depression by playing the awesome T29. German and Russian tanks have an horrific lack of depression. The IS-3 with BL-9 122mm gun is a beast though
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 08:21 PM   #178
country flag CatTs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Chain View Post
I don't.
That's interesting. I've gotten a new perspective on psychological disorders since the last time I posted here. I might have something useful for your situation. Of course, it's only an assumption, no guarantees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remix13 View Post
In WoT

This game has become so popular.

IMHO
always, naturally
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 08:28 PM   #179
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Friends help, in summer I always get depressed cause they all fucking go on vacation and all I have is my douchebag parents.

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 08:55 PM   #180
country flag saint2

saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute

Get drunk, how else