How do you deal with depression? - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 18th, 2012, 12:32 AM   #151
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How do you deal with depression?

Quote:
Originally Posted by debby View Post
But the treatement doesn't have a chemical influence on your brain?

Nah I meant bipolar persons who are depressed
Thankfully not all depressed persons are bipolar !

yes but it's also up to the person... I mean, the doctor has to say no or yes.... but then it's quite easy to get these strong drugs nowadays so the doctors have to be cautious and careful, but people need to not change their dosage as well.
I remember that in fall 2010, I had knees problems and I was taking pain killers. But as the pain was increasing (but I was also struggling with my mom, that was her last bad episode), I took too many painkillers. Then I suddenly realized it was awful and it was some kind of self harming etc etc, and I just emptied all painkillers in the toilets. The day after was awful, but I was proud of myself.

I had a friend who didn't want to stop his pills but increased the dosage so :/
I absolutely see where you are coming from for that, and I'd very seriously consider doing a complaint about that. In the mean time, find a new doctor - change isn't easy, but I think it would be for the best. May be worth checking out health forums, whilst not overly accurate it can give a fair indication of 'more suitable' doctors in your area.

If I had to count how many times I've overdosed on painkillers I shouldn't be laughing, but when my doctor shouldn't have allowed to have 16 a day (2 at a time maximum of 8 times a day) when I was a teenager.
Advertisement

Old Jul 18th, 2012, 12:32 AM   #152
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyking View Post
I don't mean to offend, I thought I better say this first.

It's not up to your mum to figure out the right dosage for herself. It is however incredibly important that she is upfront and 100% honest when asked questions by her doctors. It's so easy to say that things are worse than they actually are. Slightly offtopic but a similar example.

You go lunch monday to friday at five different locations. You really enjoyed four of these, but tuesdays one wasn't particularly great. Your friend asks you 'which place should I go to'. Instead of making a recommendation, most people would say something along the lines of 'any except the place I went too on Tuesday', even though we would have had a favourite. Think back to the last time someone asked you that? It's far easier to say bad things than good things, where as the good things are just as important if not more.

Also its really hard to answer 'what dosage do I need', its much easier to answer 'In 3 months time I want to be in this state of mind' and work backwards from there. There is a lot someone with a mental disorder can do to help their own self. Doctors and drugs at best are an assistant, they are not a cure.
Oh no, no, I was not offended at all ! Sorry, I should be more clear in my posts or use some smileys It's a serious and interesting discussion.

Well see, my mom is actually the opposite... one of the reasons that her depression was not well-treated before is because she was lying to everyone, even to us... she put on a fake smile for years, and lied... she admitted us many years later that she used to cry alone, when we were all at the school and my father at work... she was lying to the doctors for our sake she didn't want to be a burden to my bros and I when we were little, esp that I was deaf thus needing more attention , etc etc... oh or that it was not a big deal, and she needed to suck it up or something.

But yeah your example is totally spot on. It's like these tourists who had a great time at some place but something bad (even if isolated) happened, then it tainted the trip at that place, and they remember it more easily.

Honesty is totally important : and I believe that takes a lot of self-retrospective to do so. Because some can perceive some events as meaningful when it was actually not a big deal at all, but that touched them even more... or maybe like telling our own version of a story, it's not always easy to acknowledge our own mistakes in life.
debby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2012, 12:36 AM   #153
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I absolutely see where you are coming from for that, and I'd very seriously consider doing a complaint about that. In the mean time, find a new doctor - change isn't easy, but I think it would be for the best. May be worth checking out health forums, whilst not overly accurate it can give a fair indication of 'more suitable' doctors in your area.

If I had to count how many times I've overdosed on painkillers I shouldn't be laughing, but when my doctor shouldn't have allowed to have 16 a day (2 at a time maximum of 8 times a day) when I was a teenager.
Oh no, I was not talking about my doctor He was great , he is now retired, I have a new one for a year.

I just hear a lot of stories, and my BFF is a nurse so she told me about these doctors.
16 a day That's a lot !!! I took 10 in 12hours when the max was 8 in 24hours.
Old Jul 18th, 2012, 12:50 AM   #154
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh no, no, I was not offended at all ! Sorry, I should be more clear in my posts or use some smileys It's a serious and interesting discussion.

Well see, my mom is actually the opposite... one of the reasons that her depression was not well-treated before is because she was lying to everyone, even to us... she put on a fake smile for years, and lied... she admitted us many years later that she used to cry alone, when we were all at the school and my father at work... she was lying to the doctors for our sake she didn't want to be a burden to my bros and I when we were little, esp that I was deaf thus needing more attention , etc etc... oh or that it was not a big deal, and she needed to suck it up or something.

But yeah your example is totally spot on. It's like these tourists who had a great time at some place but something bad (even if isolated) happened, then it tainted the trip at that place, and they remember it more easily.

Honesty is totally important : and I believe that takes a lot of self-retrospective to do so. Because some can perceive some events as meaningful when it was actually not a big deal at all, but that touched them even more... or maybe like telling our own version of a story, it's not always easy to acknowledge our own mistakes in life.
Putting on a fake smile is equivalent to pushing it to the side - it certainly doesn't help. While I don't believe people who are in a saddened state, even for weeks should necessarily see a doctor they do need to help themselves. When my aunty died, it was very sudden and unexpected. She wrote something in her will stating that she was allocating him money but he had to use it on the things he loved. It wasn't easy, but he is better now. He's a great guy, quite sensative and he's had issues in the past. However he was able to overcome his grief, without it leading to depression. He lives a happy life now, and I believe she is happy too.
Old Jul 18th, 2012, 12:53 AM   #155
debby

Quote:
Putting on a fake smile is equivalent to pushing it to the side - it certainly doesn't help. While I don't believe people who are in a saddened state, even for weeks should necessarily see a doctor they do need to help themselves. When my aunty died, it was very sudden and unexpected. She wrote something in her will stating that she was allocating him money but he had to use it on the things he loved. It wasn't easy, but he is better now. He's a great guy, quite sensative and he's had issues in the past. However he was able to overcome his grief, without it leading to depression. He lives a happy life now, and I believe she is happy too.
Well, how would you detect a depression? If there is a typical and general definition

Glad for your uncle ! Overcoming a grief can be really hard at moments.
Old Jul 18th, 2012, 01:11 AM   #156
country flag kittyking

Quote:
Well, how would you detect a depression? If there is a typical and general definition

Glad for your uncle ! Overcoming a grief can be really hard at moments.
Virgins

...kidding!

That's up to the psychiatrists, however I would like to repeat what I said earlier in that there are incorrect diagnosis's of depression out there. Sure people are unhappy at time, but that is different to depression. Medicating unhappy people without depression can lead to many bad side effects.

I read an interesting article a few months ago which stated that one of these side effects could be gaining depression after all
Old Jul 18th, 2012, 10:52 AM   #157
country flag Queenpova

Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute

I feel like being on the computer makes it worse for some reason. I'm entertained, but also, it depresses me more, wtf.
Queenpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2012, 11:02 AM   #158
country flag Just Do It

Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashim. View Post
Sleeping always helps for me.

Exactly one year ago I was depressed but my depression was caused by health problems I had, once I was healthy again, depression disappeared in no time. And yes, I would just sleep, whenever I felt down I would just go to my room and sleep, it doesn't help much because when you wake up you feel even worse. What helped me the most were alone walks around the city. In the past, I would NEVER go for a walk alone, I would always go with friends. But when I was ill I would walk for hours all alone and it helped me a lot.
Toma, are you religious, have you tried going to church to light a candle? That might be of help.
Just Do It is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2012, 11:10 AM   #159
debby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenpova View Post
I feel like being on the computer makes it worse for some reason. I'm entertained, but also, it depresses me more, wtf.
Maybe because you feel alone, on your computer ?
Old Jul 30th, 2012, 02:55 PM   #160
country flag Queenpova

Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute

How are you guys doing?
Queenpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2012, 04:28 PM   #161
country flag wta_zuperfann
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute

Best natural cure for emotional hassles:

yoga & good diet

Abraham Lincoln
wta_zuperfann is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2012, 06:38 PM   #162
country flag Michalka

Michalka is a splendid one to behold Michalka is a splendid one to behold Michalka is a splendid one to behold Michalka is a splendid one to behold Michalka is a splendid one to behold Michalka is a splendid one to behold Michalka is a splendid one to behold Michalka is a splendid one to behold Michalka is a splendid one to behold Michalka is a splendid one to behold Michalka is a splendid one to behold

I'm a pretty negative person, so I can get depressed for no apparent reason easily but what I try to do is watch my favorite shows so that I can forget about my depression and then simply keeping myself occupied whilst not thinking too much about other things
Michalka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2012, 06:03 AM   #163
country flag McPie
Thai Teen Trans the series: Yoshi

McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute

spam this forum

The McFanPage | The McTrannyPage | The McTwit | The McThread 4 | The McList on IMDb | The McTumblr | The McStagram
Proud Older Stepsister of Natasha Nicole, TF Transgender Female Lesbian Duo
McPie is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2012, 07:15 AM   #164
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

Anything that involves u being out and about is what I'd recommend. Being home leads to isolation which feeds the depression- hard to be depressed when ur having fun
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2012, 09:48 AM   #165
debby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Stefwhit View Post
Anything that involves u being out and about is what I'd recommend. Being home leads to isolation which feeds the depression- hard to be depressed when ur having fun
That's ignorant....
Even when you are out having fun, you can be depressed. That annoys me so much that confusion between sadness and real depression !