Olympic Games 2012 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 10th, 2012, 09:35 PM   #1
country flag Chaosm21

Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of
Olympic Games 2012

Singles, Doubles with Sabine Lisicki and Mixed with Phillip Petzschner. Too much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomplayer89 View Post
She's been a top 10 player for 2 years now. We're way past the "beginning". She's never going to be inside the top 5. Getting to #5 was as close as she'll ever get.
Chaosm21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 10th, 2012, 11:42 PM   #2
LoLex
What did she say? - She said: "I will kill you" :o

LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Olympic Games 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosm21 View Post
Singles, Doubles with Sabine Lisicki and Mixed with Phillip Petzschner. Too much?
Well, I think she should play singles and mixed. There is no point really in playing doubles there. Who else is playing doubles from Germany?
LoLex is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2012, 12:30 AM   #3
country flag Chaosm21

Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of

Görges/Petkovic,but it is not sure if Petkovic will participate. It would make sense if Lisicki and Görges, the two best german doubles players play together and then have a chance to win a medal

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomplayer89 View Post
She's been a top 10 player for 2 years now. We're way past the "beginning". She's never going to be inside the top 5. Getting to #5 was as close as she'll ever get.
Chaosm21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2012, 12:55 AM   #4
LoLex

LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosm21 View Post
Görges/Petkovic,but it is not sure if Petkovic will participate. It would make sense if Lisicki and Görges, the two best german doubles players play together and then have a chance to win a medal
I think you are right. I thought that ALG qualified for Olympics doubles but it seems she will not be there. Angie has never been successful doubles player, but if she desperately wants to play doubles, I'm not going to complain. She's not playing any tournaments before Olympics. I'm sure she's going to be fit enough to handle this.
Old Jul 11th, 2012, 03:28 PM   #5
country flag moviemac

moviemac is a splendid one to behold moviemac is a splendid one to behold moviemac is a splendid one to behold moviemac is a splendid one to behold moviemac is a splendid one to behold moviemac is a splendid one to behold moviemac is a splendid one to behold moviemac is a splendid one to behold moviemac is a splendid one to behold moviemac is a splendid one to behold moviemac is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoLex View Post
There is no point really in playing doubles there.
I have to agree. In 2011 and 2012 combined she played 17 doubles matches. Of which she won 6. Most notably reaching R3 in Wimbledon 2011 (with McHale). But still, it remains to be seen if the pairing of Kerber/Lisicki makes any sense. They have never ever played a doubles match together. But then again, Becker and Stich never liked each other, never played doubles together, only to win Olympic gold in doubles. And Lisicki last year had never played doubles with Stosur, only to win their very first tournament in Stuttgart and make the final of their second tournament in Wimbledon. So, who knows, it might all work out.
moviemac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 12:50 PM   #6
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Draw of the 2012 Olympic Games:

V. AZARENKA (BLR) v I.C. BEGU (ROU)
M.MARTINEZ SANCHEZ (ESP) v P. HERCOG (SLO)
A. TATISHVILI (GEO) v S. VOGT (LIE)
ZHENG J. (CHN) v N. PETROVA (RUS)

S. ERRANI (ITA) v V. WILLIAMS (USA)
M. ERAKOVIC (NZL) v A. WOZNIAK (CAN)
G. VOSKOBOEVA (KAZ) v T. BABOS (HUN)
P. CETKOVSKA (CZE) v A. KERBER (GER)

S. WILLIAMS (USA) v J. JANKOVIC (SRB)
M. BARTHEL (GER) v U. RADWANSKA (POL)
F. SCHIAVONE (ITA) v K. ZAKOPALOVA (CZE)
S. ARVIDSSON (SWE) v V. ZVONAREVA (RUS)

LI N. (CHN) v D. HANTUCHOVA (SVK)
A. CORNET (FRA) v T. PASZEK (AUT)
A.MEDINA GARRIGUES (ESP) v Y. WICKMAYER (BEL)
A. KEOTHAVONG (GBR) v C. WOZNIACKI (DEN)

S. STOSUR (AUS) C. SUAREZ NAVARRO (ESP)
K. CLIJSTERS (BEL) R. VINCI (ITA)
A. SZAVAY (HUN) v E. BALTACHA (GBR)
C. McHALE (USA) v A. IVANOVIC (SRB)

S. LISICKI (GER) v O. JABEUR (TUN)
S. HALEP (ROU) v Y. SHVEDOVA (KAZ)
P. MARTIC (CRO) v L. SAFAROVA (CZE)
S. PEER (ISR) v M. SHARAPOVA (RUS)

P. KVITOVA (CZE) v K. BONDARENKO (UKR)
HSIEH S.W. (TPE) v PENG S. (CHN)
S. CIRSTEA (ROU) v F. PENNETTA (ITA)
T. PIRONKOVA (BUL) v D. CIBULKOVA (SVK)

M. KIRILENKO (RUS) v M. DUQUE-MARINO (COL)
S. SOLER ESPINOSA (ESP) v H. WATSON (GBR)
V. LEPCHENKO (USA) v V. CEPEDE ROYG (PAR)
J. GOERGES (GER) v A. RADWANSKA (POL)
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 01:05 PM   #7
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Doubles draw at the 2012 Olympic Games

Huber / Raymond (USA) [1] v bye
Radwanska / Radwanska (POL) v Cibulkova / Hantuchova (SVK)

Goerges / Gronefeld (GER) v Baltacha / Keothavong (GBR)
Gajdosova / Rodionova (AUS) v Makarova / Vesnina (RUS) [6]

Hlavackova / Hradecka (CZE) [4] v Babos / Szavay (HUN)
Li / Zhang (CHN) v Dulko / Suarez (ARG)

Chakarvarthi / Mirza (IND) v Chuang / Hsieh (TPE)
Medina Garrigues / Parra Santonja (ESP) v Pennetta / Schiavone (ITA) [7]

Llagostera Vives / Martinez Sanchez (ESP) [8] v Dellacqua / Stosur (AUS)
Peng / Zheng (CHN) v Cornet / Mladenovic (FRA)

Shvedova / Voskoboeva (KAZ) v Dubois / Wozniak (CAN)
Jans-Ignacik / Rosolska (POL) v Kirilenko / Petrova (RUS) [3]

Kerber / Lisicki (GER) [5] v Robson / Watson (GBR)
Cirstea / Halep (ROU) v Williams / Williams (USA)

Chakhnashvili / Tatishvili (GEO) v Klepac / Srebotnik (SLO)
Cetkovska / Safarova (CZE) v Errani / Vinci (ITA) [2]

Last edited by CillyUltra : Jul 26th, 2012 at 01:10 PM.
CillyUltra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 04:26 PM   #8
LoLex

First round is tough but overall it's not a bad draw. Would be interesting to see her against Azarenka in quarterfinal.
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 11:54 PM   #9
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute

Third match on Court 2 tomorrow.
Good luck Angie!
Kon. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2012, 09:11 PM   #10
country flag xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father

xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of

Monday Court 12
Start: 11:30

1.) Petra CETKOVSKA (CZE) V Angelique KERBER (GER) [7]

2.) Sabine LISICKI (GER) [15] V Ons JABEUR (TUN)
xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2012, 01:01 AM   #11
LoLex

I hope she's gonna win
Old Jul 30th, 2012, 12:28 PM   #12
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

Angie won 6-1 3-0 ret. against Cetkovska in the 1st round
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2012, 10:43 PM   #13
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

2 Olympic wins for Angelique !

Angelique should beat Babos in straight sets. Tough doubles match vs Serena/Venus. Go

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2012, 06:29 AM   #14
country flag qqgeoxxh

qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of

Serena Williams and Venus Williams will Win, but they shouldn't win.
qqgeoxxh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2012, 12:33 PM   #15
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

And she won the 2nd round against Babos with 6-1 6-1
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote