Nicole Gibbs - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 04:41 AM   #31
country flag NYKiriFan

NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Nicole Gibbs

So far, so good.

A shot of Gibbs from qualifying from http://www.flickr.com/photos/vanopen/

NYKiriFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 11:53 PM   #32
country flag NYKiriFan

NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light

Lost 6-1, 6-1 to Boserup today.

I gather from her tweets that she was impatient to get on the court and didn't quite have it all together today.
Old Aug 3rd, 2012, 12:53 AM   #33
country flag Lazyking

Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all

Is Boserup the better player overall or just a bad night?
Lazyking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3rd, 2012, 01:09 AM   #34
country flag NYKiriFan

I'd say bad night. Boserup's been pretty lousy last year or so, and she's been creamed in straight sets several times in the past year by Brengle -- the player who Gibbs just beat.
Old Aug 3rd, 2012, 02:56 AM   #35
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
Is Boserup the better player overall or just a bad night?
Julia defeated Lauren Davis at 25k RSF final this Spring, I'd say Julia is better.
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3rd, 2012, 07:25 PM   #36
country flag simonsaystennis
Team USA

simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute

Julia has a big game, just wildly inconsistent. She started out the year with her best results ever actually... QR3 of Aussie Open, then won a 25k as fantic mentioned. Then she got injured early spring and missed a few months. I'm sure she came out motivated and ready to play good tennis. Not a bad loss for Nicole, in my opinion.

Vandeweghe ~ Mattek-Sands ~ King ~ Hampton ~ Riske ~ Glatch ~ Capra ~ Albanese ~ Brengle ~ Craybas ~ Rogers ~ Stephens ~ Boserup ~ Davis ~ Keys ~ Hardebeck ~ Brodsky ~ Gibbs ~ Pegula ~ Min ~ Townsend ~ Duval ~ Vickery ~Kiick
simonsaystennis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 04:44 AM   #37
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Gibbsy is at her birth town this weekend at the Western & Southern qualies at Cincy. She received a WC but it's an uphill battle first facing #79 ranked Anna Tatishvili. If she gets passed Anna, then she must face the winner of #45 ranked Yaroslava Shvedova and Lauren Davis. A giant good luck is in order!!!
tie_breaker is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2012, 11:06 PM   #38
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Tweeted: Nicole Gibbs@Gibbsyyyy
First top 100 win today!
at New Haven, she won her first two qualifying matches and needs one more win to get to the MDS
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 12:35 AM   #39
Team USA

simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute

nice. What a good statement for college tennis today. Plays the very talented and rising Garbine Muguruza in order to qualify.

Vandeweghe ~ Mattek-Sands ~ King ~ Hampton ~ Riske ~ Glatch ~ Capra ~ Albanese ~ Brengle ~ Craybas ~ Rogers ~ Stephens ~ Boserup ~ Davis ~ Keys ~ Hardebeck ~ Brodsky ~ Gibbs ~ Pegula ~ Min ~ Townsend ~ Duval ~ Vickery ~Kiick
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 03:07 PM   #40
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
Tweeted: Nicole Gibbs@Gibbsyyyy
First top 100 win today!
at New Haven, she won her first two qualifying matches and needs one more win to get to the MDS
Well done Nicole!
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2012, 06:51 PM   #41
country flag NYKiriFan

Nicole beats Glatch in 3 sets, 1st round of New Haven main draw. It's her 2nd win over Glatch this summer: the 1st was in Colorado.

Next up: Kvitova. So like in Stanford main draw, she beats a qualifier in Round 1 and then draws a Wimbledon champ in Round 2!

Last edited by NYKiriFan : Aug 28th, 2012 at 07:19 AM. Reason: add photo
Old Aug 20th, 2012, 06:52 PM   #42
country flag tie_breaker

Nicole wins her 1st round match at New Haven against fellow American Alexa Glatch in 3 sets, 6-4, 1-6, 6-4

So competitive. I don't think Nicole wanted to go back to campus ranked behind Mal, who is at #246.
Before entering New Haven, she was ranked #307, but after picking up (so far) 80 points, she is now at #238.
I would sure like to see her next round, most likely against #5 ranked Petra Kvitova.
How many college players get to play two of the top 5 players during their summer? She must lack excitement at the Farm.
Old Aug 20th, 2012, 08:38 PM   #43
country flag erschloy214

erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all

Will she be able to play many tournaments once she goes back to school? Would be a shame she's been doing so well and then can't get her ranking up even higher.
erschloy214 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2012, 04:18 AM   #44
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by erschloy214 View Post
Will she be able to play many tournaments once she goes back to school? Would be a shame she's been doing so well and then can't get her ranking up even higher.
Marissa Irvin reached the top 100 while still at Stanford, so its possible for her to keep her rank high if she continues to play well. She won't be able to play but 4 or 5 tournaments during her Spring semester. Realistically, her goal is to reach the top 50 within 2 years after turning pro.
Old Aug 21st, 2012, 05:26 AM   #45
Team USA

If she wins a round at the Open, she could definitely make the quallies for Australia. I would hope she'd travel for that.

Great job in New Haven Nicole! Best of luck against Kvitova.