Nicole Gibbs - Page 24 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 10th, 2014, 10:13 AM   #346
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nicole Gibbs

Lost to Louisa, 6-7(2) 6-4 1-6.

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Sasnovich Kremen Kovinic Bencic Vekic Diyas Smitkova Bellis Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Pavlovic Rezai Jovanovski Mitu Savic Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova
Losing Streak is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 10th, 2014, 10:12 PM   #347
country flag QuitYerWhining

QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losing Streak View Post
Lost to Louisa, 6-7(2) 6-4 1-6.

Seven faves. Zero slams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsayRulz View Post
When will your fave's uterus?
QuitYerWhining is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2014, 11:12 PM   #348
country flag shoparound

shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future

Louisa played her tough last time too.
Nicole needs to find a way to improve some of her game. I feel as if she has not improved much from her college game.
shoparound is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2014, 12:37 AM   #349
country flag deuxfaces

deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice

From http://norcaltennisczar.blogspot.ca/

Quote:
Chirico, 5-foot-9 (1.75 meters), displayed power and athleticism against Gibbs, only 5-foot-6 (1.68 meters) and 130 pounds (59 kilograms).

"I stayed really solid when I needed to," Chirico said. "I needed to cut down on errors and make more first serves. That's what I did, and I think that was the difference."

Although Gibbs is ranked a career-high No. 145, she fell apart in the third set and was beside herself with frustration. Gibbs struggled with her serve, getting broken all four times, and hardly could hit a ball in the court. By the last game, she could only laugh at her ineptitude.

"We both had a lot of trouble serving," said Gibbs, who turned pro last summer after winning her second straight NCAA singles title as a junior. "It was a back-and-forth match. Early in the third set, I felt my strings were going to break, that the tension was off. I switched rackets and then switched back and couldn't get any rhythm. I was hitting everything out."

Gibbs said her goal is to crack the top 100 but admitted that "it will take a much better effort than today."
deuxfaces is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2014, 01:09 AM   #350

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

She's through to the QFs as seed 2 at 50K Carson this week. Beat (Q)Jennifer Elie 1 & 1 in R1 and (WC)Kristie Ahn 4 & 3 in R2.

Now the real hard work's starting in QF against (6)An-Sophie Mestach. GL!

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Sasnovich Kremen Kovinic Bencic Vekic Diyas Smitkova Bellis Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Pavlovic Rezai Jovanovski Mitu Savic Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova
Old Jul 18th, 2014, 02:57 AM   #351
country flag goOudinUSA
Congrats Mai!!

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Nicole Nice job so far. GL in the QF!!

Bally
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2014, 11:28 PM   #352

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losing Streak View Post
Now the real hard work's starting in QF against (6)An-Sophie Mestach. GL!
Won 7-6(2) 6-4. Good win again!

And now SF against... Louisa Chirico. Time for revenge, let's go Nikkie!

Old Jul 19th, 2014, 04:48 AM   #353
country flag shoparound

shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future

These two are good friends, it's always awkward to play a good friend.
Old Jul 19th, 2014, 10:59 PM   #354
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Great job in those last two sets, playing the aggressor and eventually winning over Chirico 1-6, 6-2, 6-4 in the SF

She'll be playing Mel in the finals...

Chirico has a strong forehand, so Gibbsy was attacking Chirico's backhand, like all day long!

Although, younger of the two, Chirico looks cool and composed out there and I really like her demeanor when things aren't going right.

Gibbsy on the other hand, wears her emotions on her sleeves, so a bit of contrast in today's match.

I was really impressed with Chirico with her stronger serve and forehand. Bright future for the 18 year old...
tie_breaker is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2014, 11:12 PM   #355

Gibbsy

GL in the final!

Old Jul 20th, 2014, 12:26 AM   #356
country flag shoparound

I wish I could say it was a great match, but it really wasn't. It was actually pretty bad. What surprised me the most was that Nicole looked as inexperienced as Louisa on the court, despite the college route. She was missing some pretty bad shots. Luckily for her two net cord winners helped her get to 0-30 on Louisa's serve at the end.
Old Jul 20th, 2014, 01:34 AM   #357
country flag Gibbsfan

Gibbsfan has disabled reputation

Quote:
I wish I could say it was a great match, but it really wasn't. It was actually pretty bad. What surprised me the most was that Nicole looked as inexperienced as Louisa on the court, despite the college route. She was missing some pretty bad shots. Luckily for her two net cord winners helped her get to 0-30 on Louisa's serve at the end.
I am pretty sure you and I were not watching the same match.
Gibbsfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2014, 07:34 AM   #358
country flag shoparound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbsfan View Post
I am pretty sure you and I were not watching the same match.
The last match right? When at the 3rd set each player was broken several times? (each only had one hold?) Most of the rallies ended in pretty bad errors? Nicole yelling at herself to hit it in the court?
Old Jul 20th, 2014, 04:40 PM   #359
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoparound View Post
The last match right? When at the 3rd set each player was broken several times? (each only had one hold?) Most of the rallies ended in pretty bad errors? Nicole yelling at herself to hit it in the court?
I thought the 3rd set was the most competitive, compared to the first two.

If anything, both players were fighting back, exchanging service breaks, and there were some long rallies. Winning points due to errors is expected since neither player are able to hit winners with consistency. Also, Nicole was constantly changing pace and shots on Louisa, so you're not going to see a pretty match when the balls going long or into the net, as a result.

On that play with Nicole yelling at herself, I thought it was an issue of shot selection, where she was mad at herself for going for an aggressive shot, when she should have stuck with a defensive shot to keep the ball in play.

If anything, I thought Louisa was making more errors than usual and playing less aggressively, but then again Nicole was working her backhand and grinding for those points, so she was staying in control for the most part.
tie_breaker is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2014, 07:08 PM   #360
country flag shoparound

It was more competitive. Since they both struggled to hold serves. Louisa missed several routine overheads and volleys, while Nicole missed several shots period.
Anyways congrats on winning the final. Does this seal the WC race for Nicole?