Nicole Gibbs - Page 14 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 28th, 2013, 02:18 AM   #196
country flag Srodgers

Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nicole Gibbs

Lost 63 36 26

I feel bad saying this, but I'm not sure how much potential Nicole has...
Advertisement

Old Dec 28th, 2013, 10:00 PM   #197
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quite frankly, Gibbsy has to really improve her serve to be a bona fide Top 100 player.

She's losing close 2 set and 3 set matches, often having to break serve to keep even.

I think she can stand to benefit to take 3 months off and work on her game. She's not defending any points from now through end of June.

Only a select few of elite players have climbed to the Top 50 within 2 years and Top 20 within 3 years.
Gibbsy is about 5 months into her first year. Give her time and she'll have to have patience as well.
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2013, 10:39 PM   #198
country flag deuxfaces

deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
She's losing close 2 set and 3 set matches, often having to break serve to keep even.
I think you bring a vital point here. It is disappointing to see that Nicole, who relies mostly on her feistiness and intense competitive nature to win matches, has such a poor record in deciding sets in her pro career so far (well below .500 and probably one of the worst in the top 200).

Getting blasted off the court by a more powerful ballstriker is one thing, but I would expect her to be able to grind out opponents like Grace Min and Chieh-Yu Hsu (who have no real weapons to hurt her). Yet it's not happening.

How will she fare on clay against the dirtballers who can last for hours? Let's not even think about the grass season.

This is pure speculation, as only Nicole herself could answer this question, but I have to wonder if, deep down, she truly believes that she belongs on the WTA tour.
deuxfaces is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2013, 05:55 PM   #199
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuxfaces View Post
This is pure speculation, as only Nicole herself could answer this question, but I have to wonder if, deep down, she truly believes that she belongs on the WTA tour.
That's a good question. She has too much time to think about that now that she isn't attending Stanford. In the past, being busy with school work, actually played to her favor, from a mental aspect. She's smart. She knows that she doesn't have the weapons. Can she grind her way to each victory? It's frustrating to watch her work so hard to win a point, then give a bunch of easy points to her opponent because of her serve. How much more frustrated is it for her? or when she doesn't get a good call?

In college, she can build confidence by winning over weaker opponents and building momentum as she gets more match play. One and out at the qualifiers doesn't help her cause. The reality is that she's facing opponents who have 2 or 3 years more experience than her on the pro level. Does that give her opponents a slight edge, especially during close matches? Time will tell.
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 02:25 AM   #200
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

I think Gibbsy might have been a bit more interested in vacationing with her boyfriend in New Zealand than playing a tournament. Surprised she isn't playing Hobart or Sydney.
Old Jan 8th, 2014, 04:28 AM   #201
country flag Srodgers

Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Nicole got a very fortunate R1 in the AO qualies.

Faces WC Priscilla Hon in R1
Old Jan 8th, 2014, 06:49 PM   #202
country flag deuxfaces

deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice

Please, Nicole, for the sake of your fans, don't lose to Priscilla Hon.
deuxfaces is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2014, 09:41 PM   #203
country flag goOudinUSA
USA 2:1 Ghana

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice draw. GL Nicole!!

Bally

Tim Howard
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2014, 10:45 PM   #204
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuxfaces View Post
Please, Nicole, for the sake of your fans, don't lose to Priscilla Hon.
Old Jan 9th, 2014, 02:30 AM   #205
country flag Srodgers

Beat Hon 60 61

Easy!
Old Jan 9th, 2014, 02:31 AM   #206
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Very impressive
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2014, 02:39 AM   #207
country flag moodin0931

moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad she didnt lose

New York, New York

#1 Fan of Melanie Oudin and Lauren Davis
moodin0931 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2014, 06:28 AM   #208
country flag tie_breaker

Next round is against MARTA SIROTKINA...may be a tough match

I predict a 3 set match
Old Jan 9th, 2014, 08:49 PM   #209
country flag goOudinUSA
USA 2:1 Ghana

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Very good win!!

GL against Sirotkina!!

Bally

Tim Howard
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 02:31 AM   #210
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Some pics I took yesterday

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote