The summer American hardcourt thread: Stanford,SD,Montréal,Cincinnati,USO(+ O. Games) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 9th, 2012, 10:28 PM   #1
country flag #kArLoS#
Who knows where the time goes

#kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute
The summer American hardcourt thread: Stanford,SD,Montréal,Cincinnati,USO(+ O. Games)

Yanina starts the summer hardcourt even though in a few weeks she returns to Europe to play the Olympics.

She´s the seed #5 in Stanford(the field is pretty weak,it has to be said) and already won against KCC 75 26 75 but she was playing terrible and serving even worse. 8 breaks,11 DFs..A win is a win though

BTW her schedule is crazy

Last edited by #kArLoS# : Jul 21st, 2012 at 04:05 PM.
#kArLoS# is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 10th, 2012, 06:26 PM   #2
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The summer American hardcourt thread: Stanford,SD,Montréal,Cincinnati,Dallas,USO

I don't want to know how she was acting
Old Jul 12th, 2012, 10:51 PM   #3
country flag #kArLoS#

#kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The summer American hardcourt thread: Stanford,SD,Montréal,Cincinnati,Dallas,USO

Yesterday,Yanina d Watson 57 61 64 : phew :

I´m so happy that she served superbly in the last two sets. It was as if her serve had came back ,which is even more surprising after she lost the first set getting broken 4 times in 6 service games(led *4-2 too )

Well,it´s good to see she has lived to her seeding and God bless her because Bartoli has 99% of being the next one for her
Old Jul 13th, 2012, 05:22 AM   #4
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

QF
Bartoli is out of form so it's not impossible, althought I can't remember Nina ever beating Marion...

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2012, 01:37 PM   #5
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

After this two matches you cannot say Yanina is a great form either. So we will see.
Old Jul 13th, 2012, 02:25 PM   #6
country flag Sam.

Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of

I saw the last set between Yanina and Watson and she did some great shots Of course she did few stupid mistakes too, but her serve was better than in first round. Bartoli - Yanina 3-0 and not even one set But let's go Nina
TT Finals:
2012 Kazan, Bronx(w/Setsuna.), Istanbul(w/fallansky)
2013 Perth
2014 Essen, Koksijde, Westende-Middelkerke (all w/rvugt)
TT Rank: Singles: 147 Doubles: 80
Sam. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2012, 11:58 PM   #7
country flag #kArLoS#

This got to be a huge surprise as Yanina won against Bartoli and pretty easily too, 63 62

After the 1st set mess against Watson,her serve has got SO MUCH BETTER it´s amazing. It kinda looks as strong as 2008 I´d say,and her return game has improved tremendously too .Marion did help with some UEs and DFS though

Easily her best win of the year,1st win against the Frenchwoman and 3rd top-ten win (and thank God this one wasn´t heart-attack like . She has a great shot at the finals as she plays LL Coco Vandeweghe next ,but I remain catious, she serves big and plays big with her forehand...
Old Jul 14th, 2012, 11:43 PM   #8
country flag #kArLoS#

Nina lost to that Coco girl 62 36 62

I feel awful,that was such a wasted chance
Old Jul 15th, 2012, 01:49 PM   #9
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

I saw the first two sets and what a bad match from Yanina I cannot imagne how she won against Marion
Old Jul 15th, 2012, 11:27 PM   #10
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

It's like she gets on top of a mountain (win over Bartoli), and instead of going forward, she just jumps off the cliff (losing to CoCo)

Well, there's always another week to get our hopes up a bit just to crush them in the next moment, right?
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2012, 08:31 PM   #11
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Lower back injury again
Old Jul 21st, 2012, 04:07 PM   #12
country flag #kArLoS#

Re: The summer American hardcourt thread: Stanford,SD,Montréal,Cincinnati,USO(+ O. Ga

I´m pretty concerned about her back acting again. And just with the OG just around the corner. Why oh why?

(Part of myself wants to believe she retired just for precaution and everything will be just fine at London but IDK .Atleast I hope so )
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 12:56 PM   #13
country flag #kArLoS#

Re: The summer American hardcourt thread: Stanford,SD,Montréal,Cincinnati,USO(+ O. Ga

OLYMPICS!

(Hope her back feels much better).Here´s the draw. Wimbledon 2012 anyone?

(10)Na LI (CHN) vs Daniela HANTUCHOVA (SVK)
Alize CORNET (FRA) vs Tamira PASZEK (AUT)
Anabel MEDINA GARRIGUES (ESP) vs Yanina WICKMAYER (BEL)
(8)Caroline WOZNIACKI (DEN) vs Anne KEOTHAVONG (GBR)
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 03:14 PM   #14
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

She should win a match.
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 05:20 PM   #15
country flag #kArLoS#

first Olympic win ever .Though it was a mess,defeated AMG 62 46 75

Yanina led 62 30* then collapsed losing 5 games in a row in no time. Then in the 3rd started strong breaking for a *2-0 lead but got broken, had a BP at 32* then lost the game and surrended another break easily. Then a *4-3 AMG had like 3GPs but Yanina somehow broke, got broken to 15 again and was down *5-4 *30-15 before she won 3 points in a row and broke and after that everything went fast on her side

Wozniacki is next though. God I so want a win over her