PEAK Which tennis books do you recommend? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 15th, 2011, 11:12 PM   #1
country flag pattyclijsters

pattyclijsters is a name known to all pattyclijsters is a name known to all pattyclijsters is a name known to all pattyclijsters is a name known to all pattyclijsters is a name known to all pattyclijsters is a name known to all pattyclijsters is a name known to all pattyclijsters is a name known to all pattyclijsters is a name known to all pattyclijsters is a name known to all pattyclijsters is a name known to all
PEAK Which tennis books do you recommend?

I look for an interesting tennis book. It may be an autobiography from any player playing in the 1990s (but could have started in the 80s) until now... especially with gossip and tittle tattle

OR it maybe a rather new "fact book" with statistics, records etc.

can you guys recommend anything?

thanks a lot!

Jelena Jankovic Agnieszka Radwanska Kimiko Date-Krumm Nadia Petrova new: Maria Sharapova

Add me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mathias.dasmize
pattyclijsters is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 16th, 2011, 08:19 AM   #2
country flag postalblowfish

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future
Re: PEAK Which tennis books do you recommend?

Pennetta has a book, but it's only in Italian at the moment. Although they're translating into English.

I appreciate that's not really much help if you don't speak Italian.
postalblowfish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2011, 08:34 AM   #3
country flag Helen Lawson

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute

Nathalie Tauziat's book went over well with the rest of the tour. I think it's only in French though. She was so busy with the book-signing tour she had to miss the Olympics.
Old Dec 16th, 2011, 11:16 AM   #4
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute

Pam Shriver's book is pretty fun. Jon Wertheim's book is great, but I've forgotten the title and am too lazy to check for you. There's also Ladies of the Court; in this case, it's the author I've forgotten rather than the title.

I agree with Miss Lawson about Tauziat's book, if you can read French.
auntie janie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2011, 12:27 PM   #5
country flag Kooyong

Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie janie View Post
Pam Shriver's book is pretty fun. Jon Wertheim's book is great, but I've forgotten the title and am too lazy to check for you. There's also Ladies of the Court; in this case, it's the author I've forgotten rather than the title.

I agree with Miss Lawson about Tauziat's book, if you can read French.
I think the author was Michael Kewshaw.

FITD Ranking 41
FITD Titles 2012 Memphis
Kooyong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2011, 04:54 PM   #6
country flag Tripp

Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute

There was a big fuss about Tauziat's book when it came out, I think it's supposed to be very shocking and harsh, right?
Tripp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2011, 05:40 PM   #7
country flag Super Dave

Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Agassi is actually pretty good, and the aforementioned Shriver's book (Passing Shots: Pam Shriver on Tour (old)) was readable and very Pammish.

I didn't care much for James Blake's or Vince Spadea's.
Super Dave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2011, 10:28 PM   #8
country flag *JR*

*JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyclijsters View Post

I look for an interesting tennis book. It may be an autobiography from any player playing in the 1990s (but could have started in the 80s) until now... especially with gossip and tittle tattle
Err, if this one ever comes out:

May 4th, 2006

The Whack Mile
by Sean Randall

The White Mile

We all know Patty Schnyder has some issues. She’s a nutjob on the court, a nutjob off the court and now without a doubt a nutjob in cyberspace. After visiting her new “book” site “The White Mile” at www.the-white-mile.net (website no longer maintained) Patty and fellow freak/husband have outdone themselves.

The site is detailing Patty and Rainer’s progress as they write a book entitled “The White Mile” which will tell their story. A story, according to the site, “that features the yet untold truth and shows what humans are capable of if money and power rules the mind, wrong traditions are kept alive and time becomes something really precious.”

Read more: http://www.tennis-x.com/xblog/2006-05-04/57.php
Old Dec 16th, 2011, 10:32 PM   #9
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute

I read a bit of Seles's autobiography, but i wasn't entirely fetched. The best book apparently of the contemporary (ish) women's tour is Venus Envy, but i'm not even sure that it's still in print.
The Dawntreader is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2011, 10:36 PM   #10
country flag Siderophyre

Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooyong View Post
I think the author was Michael Kewshaw.
Ha! Mewshaw I think. That had some interesting snippets as I recall. One involving Sabatini - apparently she was known for being not too swift upstairs. Someone kindly said it wasn't her fault she came across that way because, of course, English wasn't her first language. A Spanish journalist then pointed out that she was pretty fucking useless in her native language too. That also might have been the book that mentioned the thing about ATP players back in the day using cocaine suppositories. Actually now I think about it, that book was a bit like Hollywood Babylon for the WTA!

It's later than you think...
Siderophyre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2011, 11:09 PM   #11
country flag pattyclijsters

pattyclijsters is a name known to all pattyclijsters is a name known to all pattyclijsters is a name known to all pattyclijsters is a name known to all pattyclijsters is a name known to all pattyclijsters is a name known to all pattyclijsters is a name known to all pattyclijsters is a name known to all pattyclijsters is a name known to all pattyclijsters is a name known to all pattyclijsters is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by *JR* View Post
Err, if this one ever comes out:

May 4th, 2006

The Whack Mile
by Sean Randall

The White Mile

We all know Patty Schnyder has some issues. She’s a nutjob on the court, a nutjob off the court and now without a doubt a nutjob in cyberspace. After visiting her new “book” site “The White Mile” at www.the-white-mile.net (website no longer maintained) Patty and fellow freak/husband have outdone themselves.

The site is detailing Patty and Rainer’s progress as they write a book entitled “The White Mile” which will tell their story. A story, according to the site, “that features the yet untold truth and shows what humans are capable of if money and power rules the mind, wrong traditions are kept alive and time becomes something really precious.”

Read more: http://www.tennis-x.com/xblog/2006-05-04/57.php
I am SO MUCH waiting for this book to come out!!!! I read they didnt find a publisher for it anywhere - well, I'd publish it for them if they'd ask me...

I'ææ check the others out as well, thanks!

Jelena Jankovic Agnieszka Radwanska Kimiko Date-Krumm Nadia Petrova new: Maria Sharapova

Add me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mathias.dasmize
pattyclijsters is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2011, 11:35 PM   #12
country flag Helen Lawson

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute

The Venus Envy book is good, and it has players who are more recent. Hard Courts by Wertheim is excellent too but older.
Old Dec 17th, 2011, 04:37 AM   #13
country flag Dave.
Winner

Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute

I had a list of tennis books I wanted to get through a couple of years ago but never got round to it.

The Rivals (Evert/Navratilova) by Johnette Howard is the best tennis book I've ever read, and I think anyone else who has read it would highly recommend it. It's got all the gossip, facts, history, stories you could want!

You Can Quote Me On That is a funny read (and probably could do with updating ).
Dave. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2011, 09:38 AM   #14
country flag Smitten

Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute

Legend is coming out with a book in the next few years.
Old Dec 27th, 2012, 03:36 PM   #15
country flag Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future

I should really get around to reading the Agassi, Nadal and Serena books soon

All time favourite: Anna Chakvetadze

Will my weakness for an hour, make me suffer for a life time?
Invisible Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote