Dating Thread - Ranting, Bitching, Story-telling, Advice, and of course Judgment! - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 13th, 2012, 12:46 AM   #106
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dating Thread - Ranting, Bitching, Story-telling, Advice, and of course Judgment!

Dating is all about acting to some extent. Especially if you're content on not destroying a friendly dynamic that occurs in the initial stages. Once you get more intimate, you can start to become more expressive and demanding of your own personality to do most of the work.

If by that time, the person still isn't your 'ideal', then you should just abort it.
The Dawntreader is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 13th, 2012, 01:04 AM   #107
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dating Thread - Ranting, Bitching, Story-telling, Advice, and of course Judgment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeJJ View Post
I have been straight up with them. I'm straight up with everyone. They know what I'm looking for. And if they just want sex they can kick rocks.
But you've said that you expect them to make all the moves, why can't you do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dawntreader View Post
Dating is all about acting to some extent. Especially if you're content on not destroying a friendly dynamic that occurs in the initial stages. Once you get more intimate, you can start to become more expressive and demanding of your own personality to do most of the work.

If by that time, the person still isn't your 'ideal', then you should just abort it.
Spot on.
Old Jul 13th, 2012, 01:04 AM   #108
country flag VeeJJ
Flawless

VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dawntreader View Post

This is the best dating nutshell I have heard.

Victoria Azarenka ~ Venus Williams
Maria Kirilenko ~ Petra Kvitova
VeeJJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2012, 01:05 AM   #109
country flag VeeJJ
Flawless

VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matías. View Post
But you've said that you expect them to make all the moves, why can't you do that?

Spot on.
I would like them to initiate. I have basically asked them when our next date was. And me setting up the date is the last thing that is done. I do it when I've finally got too impatient and if they doesn't go well then they are gone. simple.

Victoria Azarenka ~ Venus Williams
Maria Kirilenko ~ Petra Kvitova
VeeJJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2012, 01:08 AM   #110
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I would like them to initiate. I have basically asked them when our next date was. And me setting up the date is the last thing that is done. I do it when I've finally got too impatient and if they doesn't go well then they are gone. simple.
And when is your next date?
Old Jul 13th, 2012, 01:15 AM   #111
country flag Novichok

Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Just a question:

If I remember correctly, you have a certain preference (bottoming). Could you date someone who also was a bottom? And when you meet someone in real life, how do you go about asking them what their preference is? Should you do it on a first date?

Last edited by Novichok : Jul 13th, 2012 at 02:07 AM.
Novichok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2012, 01:21 AM   #112
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by égalité View Post
So maybe I'm going to be a debbie downer, but I started dating this absolutely gorgeous guy who has really severe body image issues, and I'm not always sure what to say. Has anyone had to deal with this before, either from a partner or from yourself? I'm trying not to go overboard with complimenting his appearance because I think it makes him uncomfortable, but at the same time I want to reassure him that he's fucking hot and that everyone thinks so except him. I'm quite certain the issues stem from a really bad family situation but I don't want to pry too much into that. IDK, I just don't want it to be a negative force in the relationship and I haven't had to deal with it before. Advice/experiences to share, anyone?
As someone who's had self-esteem issues in the past (not exactly the same as this guy's), honestly if I was in his shoes I really would want you to be reassuring me as much as possible. I wouldn't necessarily interpret him being uncomfortable as a sign that he DOESN'T want you to compliment his appearance - I can get uncomfortable when people compliment me, mainly because I just don't know what to say (and also, partly because I'm wondering if the person is being truthful or just saying what they think I want to hear), but I still appreciate them a lot. When you're in that sort of mindset, you really have convinced yourself that the whole world thinks exactly the same as you do (in this guy's case, that the whole world thinks the same about his body that he does), and knowing that someone else genuinely doesn't think that really would help I think
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2012, 02:02 AM   #113
country flag melodynelson

melodynelson has a brilliant future melodynelson has a brilliant future melodynelson has a brilliant future melodynelson has a brilliant future melodynelson has a brilliant future melodynelson has a brilliant future melodynelson has a brilliant future melodynelson has a brilliant future melodynelson has a brilliant future melodynelson has a brilliant future melodynelson has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novichok View Post
Just a question:

If I remember correctly, you have a certain preference (bottoming). Could you date someone who also was a bottom? And when you meet someone in real life, how do you go about asking them what they're preference is? Should you do it on a first date?
The advantage of being versatile is this not mattering. Sometimes with some people you want them to be more of one thing or another, but usually it works out anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elena Dementieva
At the press conference I was asked a really good question - they asked if I thought Martina Hingis helped me to win this tournament last year by beating Maria Sharapova in the semifinals. I said "Don't you think so?"
melodynelson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2012, 02:07 AM   #114
country flag Nicolás89

Quote:
That's definitely my problem. To be clear I'm not just attracted to straight guys, I have obviously been involved with gay gay guys it is just that sometimes I fell for the insecure sexually confused straight. That's not the case with this new guy though, he is most definitely just straight.
Not so much apparently, we arranged a date.
Old Jul 13th, 2012, 02:14 AM   #115
country flag delicatecutter

delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not so much apparently, we arranged a date.
Hope it goes well!

Suicide Champion: 2013 Miami; 2012 Doha; 2011 Dubai; 2010 Indian Wells, Bad Gastein; 2008 Melbourne, New Haven, Prague; 2007 Toronto
PAW Champion: 2012 Tokyo, Moscow; 2011 Roland Garros; 2010 Bali, Portoroz
TT Doubles Champion (with Djezonfly): 2012 Melbourne, 2011 Estoril
My Twitter
delicatecutter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2012, 02:24 AM   #116
country flag Nicolás89

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicatecutter View Post
Hope it goes well!
It will!
Old Jul 13th, 2012, 02:27 AM   #117
country flag Novichok

Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It will!
Do you have sex on the first date?
Old Jul 13th, 2012, 02:31 AM   #118
country flag shap_half

shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Girl you sound just as much of a mess as me. And i get what you're saying. I've said the same thing to my friends. Saying and applying are different things. And breaking a behavior pattern or even modifying it takes time. If it was so easy everyone would be perfect and this would be a wonderful life.
I considered deleting the post, because you're right: I'm a big tranny mess. Seriously, if I didn't take on a massive freelance project two weeks ago, who knows how much more I would have been drinking because of guys.
shap_half is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2012, 02:34 AM   #119
country flag Nicolás89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novichok View Post
Do you have sex on the first date?
No.
Old Jul 13th, 2012, 02:41 AM   #120
country flag Steven.

Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shap_half View Post
I considered deleting the post, because you're right: I'm a big tranny mess. Seriously, if I didn't take on a massive freelance project two weeks ago, who knows how much more I would have been drinking because of guys.
clubbing is the best to get rid of negative emotions