Dating Thread - Ranting, Bitching, Story-telling, Advice, and of course Judgment! - Page 27 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 10th, 2013, 07:24 PM   #391
country flag Six Feet Under
Singleniacki

Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dating Thread - Ranting, Bitching, Story-telling, Advice, and of course Judgment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyskinaManiac View Post
This is a wonderful thread. Love it - read every post.

I'll start by saying that I've spent the last 7 years of my life on Sydney's 'scene'. Best/worst/most interesting days of my life. NB I would never classify myself promiscuous - no more so than the average gay boy, but I definitely have some information to impart on dating and relationships etc. Currently I've been with my partner for over a year, we live together and are parents to a beautiful puppy =]

It really takes me back to my teens when I watched every episode of Sex & the City a million times all the while claiming to have the persona of Carrie Bradshaw (and loving the single life). Needless to say this was only six years ago and let me say to everyone here that yearns for a males touch, seriously a day can change everything. Go out, have fun. Speak less, flirt more. Aim for the hotties, become friends with the nice boys (and play them) - only to realise the hotties are complete morons laden with STI's and the nice boys will always be there for you and will almost work around your diva demands. Cheat at least once, it's naughty and sinful (but you're gay (right?) and it's expected) - be sure to do this to a guy you can't quite shake **Plays Mariah's H.A.T.E.U**... and don't get caught. Understanding both ends of cheating is vital in order to avoid the signs of a cheater for future reference when you REALLY like a guy (although cheating is not a necessary course of action).

If you feel you're being dissed/cheated on I would advise to cut them off entirely. Delete every trace of them. They'll come running back, trust me. Take satisfaction in empowerment and the ability to find someone better. The whole game is about who can strike the bigger blow (no pun intended) without looking like an utter bitch, rather a calm, collected and in control person.

My golden rule was to have high expectations when knowing you're not planning to date i.e you like tall guys, you like blue eyes, you like a funny guy, you like a guy who can dance etc etc. Don't lower your price - raise it, people will always go for you because you have high standards and people like to think that they match these standards (simple psychology). Walls come down when you actually succumb to monogamy; say hello compromise, that tall guy is now 5 foot something but he has the most beautiful smile.

NEVER tell a guy you love him, you only *love things about him*. You 'like' him. Reserve love for that somebody special that's many many years away. I can assure you right now that Mr. Right will not be found between your ages of legal to 25.

Have sex. Lots of it. But keep that special something for that special someone. Go to the doctors frequently, stay protected - always.

When you're out look different, stand out and keep up appearances always. If you take care of yourself, they'll subconsciously believe you'll be able to take care of any future relationship.

The best way to meet all the lovely guys is NOT through a club or over the net (contrary to what any stupid ad will tell you). The best lovers are always through a friend of a friend or at some other sober establishment.

And as Jenny from the block once said: 'Love don't cost a thing'

The first half of this post and few posts on the last few pages are making me lose faith in humanity

Old Feb 10th, 2013, 07:31 PM   #392
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dating Thread - Ranting, Bitching, Story-telling, Advice, and of course Judgment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBV. View Post
Anybody else divide their men into 2 categories
1.) Hookups
2.) Guys you actually want to date and get to know?

I use the hookup guys for sex before/after my date with the guy I actually wanna get to know. It keeps hormones in check during the date.
I cant believe we agree on something but it took sex and dating to do so. This is sooo me
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 09:55 PM   #393
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thats My Jam View Post
It just feels like that's a lot of pressure to put on it. Albeit if I like someone I'm much more apt to give it a minute, as putting doesn't necessarily equate to great boyfriend, but if we're available, and there's sexual spark I'm typically very much game.
Quote:
I agree. The less pressure the better, and be practical instead of idealistic. Gay men are fickle (myself included).
I like challenges in all aspects dating and sex included, mission impossible style even sometimes.
And shocking or not I have had more relationships than hook ups, a relationship is always my main goal when I'm dating.
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 10:45 PM   #394
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolás89 View Post
I like challenges in all aspects dating and sex included, mission impossible style even sometimes.
And shocking or not I have had more relationships than hook ups, a relationship is always my main goal when I'm dating.
I guess that explains why you're always crushing on straight men then...

█████████████████ʘ
Stamp Paid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 10:48 PM   #395
country flag shap_half

shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hey, hey! We've all fallen prey to their dirty tricks and request for massages.
shap_half is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 10:52 PM   #396
country flag Sean.
Look who's back!

Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shap_half View Post
Hypothetically, don't shit where you eat. But unless you hypothetically see a long-term, meaningful relationship with this hypothetical woman whom you think can significantly improve your hypothetical life, I wouldn't risk my hypothetical career.

The hypothetical age doesn't really matter. I'm in my hypothetical mid-late-early 20s, and I've hypothetically started getting into hypothetical men in their hypothetical 40s.
This isn't about my, it's about my friend! K?!

I'll be sure to pass on your message to him! I've got a strange feeling he'll agree.

Vera Zvonareva * Ana Ivanović * Li Na * Laura Robson ......
Sean. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 10:56 PM   #397
country flag Sean.
Look who's back!

Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six Feet Under View Post
I'm totally making it obvious I'm looking for a boyfriend and I think its putting people off. I should really just calm my falm. But I'm really just not looking to hookup. It might be old fashioned but I want my first experiences to be with someone I care about.
Mate, people want what they can't have. Nothing is more off putting than someone throwing themself at you, and nothing makes you want something more than thinking it's slipping out of your grasp. Remember that.

Vera Zvonareva * Ana Ivanović * Li Na * Laura Robson ......
Sean. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 10:57 PM   #398
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yep. They start the flirting though, it's definitely not my fault.
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 11:01 PM   #399
country flag Womp Up The Jamz

Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future
Quote:
I agree. The less pressure the better, and be practical instead of idealistic. Gay men are fickle (myself included).
I think there's also a broader range of what's deemed ok in terms of when to put out with gay men.

That sounds awful.

What I mean to say is the range of when we expect to have sex is a lot larger, and when you have two guys with differing pov, it can get weird. Whereas generally, albeit not always, straight relationships have a formality to the courtship.

You can see it here how gay men sort of run the gamit which makes it more likely to lead to misunderstandings and what looks to be a fickle change of heart.
Womp Up The Jamz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 11:03 PM   #400
country flag Nicolás89

Quote:
LOL. So right though!
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 11:04 PM   #401

Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Well the sort of hunt of it all is so exhilarating. When it becomes a cat and mouse game though it can be pretty tiresome.
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 11:05 PM   #402
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
LOL. So right though!
Straight men love attention, more than anything else. Many of them don't mind getting it from a gay boy. Don't fall for those dirty tricks. LOL

█████████████████ʘ
Stamp Paid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 11:05 PM   #403

Quote:
Leaving the party to bum a cigarette has been a ploy I've seen pretty often.
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 11:07 PM   #404

Quote:
Straight men love attention, more than anything else. Many of them don't mind getting it from a gay boy. Don't fall for those dirty tricks. LOL
I think all men are like that. Well actually you either like to be hunted or prefer to hunt I think. I know plenty of guys who get pretty uncomfortable when they are getting attention like that.
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 11:08 PM   #405
country flag Nicolás89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean. View Post
Mate, people want what they can't have. Nothing is more off putting than someone throwing themself at you, and nothing makes you want something more than thinking it's slipping out of your grasp. Remember that.
+1