Dating Thread - Ranting, Bitching, Story-telling, Advice, and of course Judgment! - Page 21 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 13th, 2012, 04:22 AM   #301
country flag delicatecutter

delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dating Thread - Ranting, Bitching, Story-telling, Advice, and of course Judgment!

Uhhh. You realized you were gay?

Suicide Champion: 2013 Miami; 2012 Doha; 2011 Dubai; 2010 Indian Wells, Bad Gastein; 2008 Melbourne, New Haven, Prague; 2007 Toronto
PAW Champion: 2012 Tokyo, Moscow; 2011 Roland Garros; 2010 Bali, Portoroz
TT Doubles Champion (with Djezonfly): 2012 Melbourne, 2011 Estoril
My Twitter
delicatecutter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 13th, 2012, 04:34 AM   #302
country flag Novichok

Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dating Thread - Ranting, Bitching, Story-telling, Advice, and of course Judgment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvonarevarulz View Post
Being 25 and divorced sucks ass. Seriously.
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 07:34 AM   #303
country flag Vartan

Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute

how did that happen?

Vartan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 07:43 AM   #304
country flag Mattographer
Also known as AlexSydney

Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute
I met this guy and he seemed interested in me. He took my number. He texted me after and we talked a bit. He wanted to see me sometime soon. And then boom! He told me about his date the night before -.-

That was a few weeks ago. Anyway, today I decided to text him and ask how he goes. He told me that he had a "rotten day" and I asked what happened. He said he and his boyfriend are broke up. My first thought was, "Wow! Was he your boyfriend already? You only just met him!"

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App

This is my signature. Pretty neat, isn't it?
Mattographer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25th, 2012, 08:33 PM   #305
country flag Flavia P.

Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of

I don't get why gay men do that sometimes. Jump into relationships fast, only to break-up after a few weeks/a couple months I thought we were wise enough not to fall for such decision-making Well, at least most of us are
Old Dec 25th, 2012, 08:35 PM   #306
country flag Flavia P.

Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of

Quote:
Well, I realized my ex husband is.
Ouch, hun. I know how that is. But you'll both be stronger in the end for what happened between the two of you.
Old Dec 25th, 2012, 08:36 PM   #307
country flag Flavia P.

The ring don't mean a thing isn't a coincidental term
Old Dec 27th, 2012, 06:39 AM   #308
country flag zvonarevarulz
Whiskey wasted and beautiful.

zvonarevarulz has a reputation beyond repute zvonarevarulz has a reputation beyond repute zvonarevarulz has a reputation beyond repute zvonarevarulz has a reputation beyond repute zvonarevarulz has a reputation beyond repute zvonarevarulz has a reputation beyond repute zvonarevarulz has a reputation beyond repute zvonarevarulz has a reputation beyond repute zvonarevarulz has a reputation beyond repute zvonarevarulz has a reputation beyond repute zvonarevarulz has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavia P. View Post
Ouch, hun. I know how that is. But you'll both be stronger in the end for what happened between the two of you.
Honestly, it really hurt at first. I'm slowly getting stronger, but the hard part is the kids. How the hell do I explain this to 6 and four year olds?
Old Dec 27th, 2012, 12:25 PM   #309
country flag Steven.

Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, I realized my ex husband is.
omg I can't believe he did that too you but it happens way more often than it should. I think too many gays r just in denial for far too long and end up ruining other people's lives.

although there's also the pressure of society and stuff so even tho he is accountable for his actions I don't think he really meant any harm. personally I know of a situation like this too and for their case it really just was society and pressure for the family and stuff

i hope you're holding up okay! I couldn't give u advice on what to tell ur kids but perhaps join some gay forums and find guidance there?
Steven. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2012, 12:37 PM   #310
country flag Flavia P.

Quote:
Honestly, it really hurt at first.
I don't want to say "I know how you feel" since that's insensitive, but like, I know what it is like, at the very least. Because you feel not only did the relationship end, but the relationship was a sham from the start, and also, that being a woman, you were never good enough. So it's really, really tough. At the same time, I'm sure he was struggling too and is sad about what he did. These types of relationships happen all over the world, and they end up horribly 95% of the time.

It's a reflection of a society where people don't realize they are gay until later in life, or repress the fact they're gay until they're borderline suicidal. It sucks.

Quote:
I'm slowly getting stronger, but the hard part is the kids. How the hell do I explain this to 6 and four year olds?
Tell them when they're older. Unless your partner finds a boyfriend. You should keep him in your life to some extent because you did have kids with him. But don't approach the issue yet. Do it when they're around tween years.

Right now just say "mommy and daddy had an argument and daddy isn't here", you know. Bullshit it. "Daddy went away". And then every once in a while, if you ex wants to see the kids and he should be responsible and do so, then you let him see them so his presence is still in their lives.
Old Dec 27th, 2012, 12:41 PM   #311
country flag Steven.

Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute

i disagree tbh. Lying to a child is the worst thing because when they grow up they'll be like WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST TELL ME THE TRUTH, HOW CAN I TRUST YOU etc and they'll be even more confused I'd think. Lying will ALWAYS create more problems, maybe not now, but in the future. I think you should always be honest, maybe tell them half the truth until they're ready? Like "he wasn't ready to commit" or something in kid language.
Steven. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2012, 12:42 PM   #312
country flag Flavia P.

Yeah, the pressure to have a family is huge, huge, huge. For both straight and gay people. This is one of the reasons why most marriages fail. They're actually based on goals, and not love. It's about appearances and appeasement. A lot of lesbian/gay persons want families and end up going the heterosexual route to get them but then realize that they can't deny their orientation. 2% of ex-gay relationships last longer than 5 years. Not saying this guy was ex-gay but it shows repressing your orientation simply doesn't work and hurts many people, and hurts yourself.

This is why you'll see a lot of straight folk jump from relationship to relationship or carry a relationship while cheating on the side. It's about appeasing society. It's sad. We have too many hangups on sex.
Old Dec 27th, 2012, 12:44 PM   #313
country flag Flavia P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven. View Post
i disagree tbh. Lying to a child is the worst thing because when they grow up they'll be like WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST TELL ME THE TRUTH, HOW CAN I TRUST YOU etc and they'll be even more confused I'd think. Lying will ALWAYS create more problems, maybe not now, but in the future. I think you should always be honest, maybe tell them half the truth until they're ready? Like "he wasn't ready to commit" or something in kid language.
Well yeah, that's what I meant You don't want to lie, you just need to bullshit the truth. You need to half truth it. Don't give the full answers but enough to satisfy them. I definitely don't think lying is the answer, in fact, it's the absolutely wrong thing to do as you said.
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 03:08 AM   #314
country flag VeeJJ
Flawless

VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Why are men so ignornat? Ain't nobody got time for that! I need a pick me up. Someone rant with me

Victoria Azarenka ~ Venus Williams
Maria Kirilenko ~ Petra Kvitova
VeeJJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 11:20 AM   #315
country flag shap_half

shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I don't know if what happened today was a date, but if it was, it was a bad one.
shap_half is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote