Is Safina done? - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 8th, 2012, 10:07 PM   #61
Viktymise
King

Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is Safina done?

^ This.
Advertisement

Old Jul 8th, 2012, 10:44 PM   #62
country flag justineheninfan

justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejmeglekvár View Post
not to mention this idiocy with the "chokes". Her main problem was that 90% of top players were awful match up for her. She was a grinder in mind stuck in a huge body. Thats just doesnt work, and any player with some brain or some weaopns could have trouble her.
She had many bad moments on court due to her brain, but most of them had nothing to do with "choke".
Actually that is exactly what I said many times. I dont feel she underperformed in slam finals so much, I feel she was outplayed, and she just wasnt quite good enough. I believe she really got the most out of herself in the time she was healthy, and people who are far too hard on her expected too much. Yet when I say that you refer to me as a Safina basher, yet now essentialy say exactly the same thing in defending her.
justineheninfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2012, 08:31 AM   #63
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by justineheninfan View Post
Actually that is exactly what I said many times. I dont feel she underperformed in slam finals so much, I feel she was outplayed, and she just wasnt quite good enough. I believe she really got the most out of herself in the time she was healthy, and people who are far too hard on her expected too much. Yet when I say that you refer to me as a Safina basher, yet now essentialy say exactly the same thing in defending her.
except you were coming up sidenote idiocies like "Peak Schnyder would beat Safina any time".

And, no, you are not some kind of oracle (even if every 2nd post of yours in GM is "I predicted this and that"...). Many posters already wrote these things years ago. (I could say even her fans, but she "never had any", so that would be just silly. )
Old Jul 9th, 2012, 10:49 AM   #64
country flag Smitten

Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute

She did underperform in the 2009 RG F. Watch her other matches against Kuznetsova from 2008 and 2009. Safina could have done a lot more in that F.

Anyway, who cares about Safina at this point. Although I'd prefer her back over Agatha and Azarenka.
Old Jul 9th, 2012, 11:28 AM   #65
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Ultimately, you have step up in big matches, because thats what champions do.
But she had a bad back injury when she was #1, so we never saw her develop her career. She blossomed late, and became a #1 who won a lot of titles & made a lot of deep slam runs. Then suddenly she was off the tour. She only had about 15 months(May 2008-Aug 2009) of top 5 tennis before her injury.
But injuries are part of sports too. Plenty of great athletes in a lot of sports, their bodies couldnt stand up to the exertion.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 09:52 PM   #66
country flag Wert.

Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute

any news?
Wert. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 10:03 PM   #67
country flag Mary Cherry.

Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wert. View Post
any news?
Her career is almost as dead as your chat thread.
Mary Cherry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 10:58 PM   #68
country flag fluffyelloballz
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold

I think she will come back. She is from a really smart family and they will be advising her to recover fully. With a law degree, a healed back (can it ever truly heal?) and all that experience, there is no reason why she would not come back for a couple of years to try her luck. Quite a few players have taken time out and come back to win slams. Li Na, Serena, Stosur, Agassi, Clisters, Hingis, Henin.

http://guardianlv.com/2014/07/serena...o-save-season/
Serena Williams needs a Great U.S Open Series to Save Season
fluffyelloballz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 11:10 PM   #69
country flag duhcity
moderately sarcastic

duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute

I would love her to, but it's not just leaving the game and coming back, it's because it's a back injury, you dont just recover from one so serious in a way that makes you comfortable to play a strenuous sport at the highest level for an extended period.

instargram
duhcity is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 11:17 PM   #70
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

She won't return unless Serena retires

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 03:22 AM   #71
country flag Shivank17

Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
She won't return unless Serena retires

Why Serena's presence and her back injury are co-related?

Career Grand Slam + Silver Medalist.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Twitter: @Shivank17
Shivank17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 03:56 AM   #72
country flag Leo St

Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute

wow.. what a way to talk about dinara.. goat or not she had an interesting game to watch.. long powerful strokes comming from way behind the baseline.. well, its somehow different from what im used to see and i apreciate that. like it or not shes now part of tennis history and congrats on that dinara, wish you only happiness and sucess in your future endevours

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint2 View Post
V Williams is like 63453 years old.
Leo St is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 04:05 AM   #73
country flag Shivank17

Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo St View Post
wow.. what a way to talk about dinara.. goat or not she had an interesting game to watch.. long powerful strokes comming from way behind the baseline.. well, its somehow different from what im used to see and i apreciate that. like it or not shes now part of tennis history and congrats on that dinara, wish you only happiness and sucess in your future endevours
This.

Career Grand Slam + Silver Medalist.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Twitter: @Shivank17
Shivank17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote