100K Biarritz - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 20th, 2012, 09:45 PM   #76
country flag qwertytx

qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold
Re: 100K Biarritz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikireturns View Post
Unless she was injured, we should have seen her at Biarritz and at least a wc request for Stanford, and she clearly bungled Carlsbad, thinking she would get in. I just know that wench Cirstea held off her withdrawal for bitchy reasons. (Okay, I don't know it, but it makes me feel better about Miki's unorthodox summer hard court scheduling plan).
I like Miki but I don't think she makes a compelling case for a WC, particularly in a US event. She really should have made herself available for Carlsbad Q, but I'm sure her success at Wimbledon kind of messed up her plans and she ended up scrambling to get into tougher tournaments. It's only one tournament she missed out on and if she's really in form she will make an impact in her next few events. I think success in either of these draws wasn't a given since Miki can be really off on a bad day.
qwertytx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 21st, 2012, 10:10 AM   #77
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
Maybe Donna should have entered
http://www.wtatennis.com/SEWTATour-A...2/1044/MDS.pdf

It got even worse. Mirjana would be 6th seed. Look at the draw, that would be a chance.
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2012, 02:53 PM   #78
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertytx View Post
I like Miki but I don't think she makes a compelling case for a WC, particularly in a US event. She really should have made herself available for Carlsbad Q, but I'm sure her success at Wimbledon kind of messed up her plans and she ended up scrambling to get into tougher tournaments. It's only one tournament she missed out on and if she's really in form she will make an impact in her next few events. I think success in either of these draws wasn't a given since Miki can be really off on a bad day.
No, she was not at all likely for MD WCs in Stanford or Carlsbad, but I think she would have made a strong case for qualifying round WCs in both events, if she had requested them. And if she could not reasonably rely on some good form in the kinds of q-draws we saw at Stanford or Carlsbad, then that's pretty sad. She has/had successfully qualified for 6 of her last 7 events, beginning with Charleston, on two different surfaces with much tougher q-round fields. She was able to count on herself there (I think Cagnes sur Mer was her only flop, and that was a MD match against U-Rad).

Whatever the case, it will soon be over a month since Mirjana has had any singles action. Scary -- unless she and her coach planned to take some time off and have her work on taking things to the next level, with the Bartoli win as the keystone. Usually, however, you get out after a big win like that and you play week after week, if you are a lower Top 100 player like Miki. She can't be more exhausted than other players who have won quallies and then a round or two in MDs.

And, poor Ajmo, Baku is a nice thought. Seriously. In light of the fact that she has done zilch for a month in terms of playing, in light of how that panned out (with the exception of her poor old dog's demise) she would have been better served to remain in Europe, on form, and played Biella and Biarritz and surely picked up one extra Euro-challenger and then entered Baku, maybe won it ... And flew home in time to launch her hard court plans).

She would have come out ahead in the $$$ category, too. And think of the points.

As it is, her post-Wimbledon schedule is bafflingly lame. Are we to expect a thoroughly rusty Mirjana who will now be lucky to find form by US Open time? I think she'll be confident and ready to bring it, but I'm not as sure about her chances as I was a month ago.
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2012, 03:42 PM   #79
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold

She should try to get into the Lexington $100,000 ITF event. She needs a couple of matches before D.C. Even if she has to play qualifying in D.C., which will be a weak field, she'd have plenty of time to get to D.C. from Kentucky if she won a couple of matches there.
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote