2012 Summer Olympics - London Calling! - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 01:01 PM   #31
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of
Re: 2012 Summer Olympics - London Calling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisickinator View Post
I just read in GM

And if Cibulkova loses today, Sabine's chance to draw Sharapova in the 3rd round is still 50%.
i think this is a terrible rule for olympics, i'm ok that compatriots do not compete each other in the first round, but com'on, different quarters!?
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 08:28 PM   #32
country flag maturedgirl

maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold

Saw an article in one of the B papers, where she said, that she will miss the olympic opening ceremony.
For playing her first match on saturday...hmm...how does she already know?
Would like to see her in the pink jacket
maturedgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 09:04 PM   #33
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

really, i hoped she would be there

since the draw isn't made yet, she can't know that she will play on saturday

Anyways a lot of Athlets skip the opening ceremony, because it takes ages.
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 09:55 PM   #34
country flag maturedgirl

maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold

And she also said she won't join the "Abschlussfeier" because she will be already on her way to Canada then...

At the moment I enjoy following some Maria-fans on twitter, cheering for Marion though it looks bad / one of some similar comments:

Quote:
Oh Masha .... Domi is sending Lisicki in your draw #Carlsbad

Seems like the wimbledon defeat against Sabine left an effect on them...
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 10:11 PM   #35
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerangkid View Post
And she also said she won't join the "Abschlussfeier" because she will be already on her way to Canada then...
she would either be on her way to Cincinnati or preparing for the final in Montreal remember the closing ceremony will be on Aug 12th

Quote:
At the moment I enjoy following some Maria-fans on twitter, cheering for Marion though it looks bad / one of some similar comments:

Seems like the wimbledon defeat against Sabine left an effect on them...h
Domi looks good now, it's funny suddenly there's not a lot to expect from the draw now
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 10:14 PM   #36
country flag TimeyWimey

spoke too soon, Marion breaks....
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 10:53 PM   #37
country flag maturedgirl

on twitter read there's already a poll in gm sabine-maria
(3 minutes after marion lost)
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 11:04 PM   #38
country flag maturedgirl

A Mariafan on twitter asked
Quote:
Why is everyone suddenly so afraid of Lisicki??
...the same who cheered 4 Marion w/o knowing why
Old Jul 23rd, 2012, 12:47 PM   #39
country flag everythingtaboo

everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziva View Post
really, i hoped she would be there

since the draw isn't made yet, she can't know that she will play on saturday

Anyways a lot of Athlets skip the opening ceremony, because it takes ages.
I never understood that. It seems like it would be such an awesome thing to take part in. One of my friend's will be competing for Australia at the Olympics (in rowing) and she said she wouldn't miss the Opening Ceremony for the world. Guess everyone's different.
Old Jul 23rd, 2012, 01:18 PM   #40
country flag TimeyWimey

Quote:
Originally Posted by everythingtaboo View Post
I never understood that. It seems like it would be such an awesome thing to take part in. One of my friend's will be competing for Australia at the Olympics (in rowing) and she said she wouldn't miss the Opening Ceremony for the world. Guess everyone's different.
yeah, it really depends on different people, for example, last year at Wimbledon, Kvitova went to see Beyonce on Sunday night and then trashed Wickmayer on Super Monday 0 and 2, so who knows
Old Jul 23rd, 2012, 02:04 PM   #41
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

I will never understand why players wouldn't join the opening ceremony. It might not be the most reasonable thing on earth if you have a match coming up the next day, but it just seems like a once in a lifetime experience...
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2012, 02:45 PM   #42
country flag Jimmie48
Don't stop me now!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by everythingtaboo View Post
Well, you shouldn't forget that tennis players are pro athletes and probably little less after having a great time at the Olympics and more after getting a good result. For pro-am athletes in most sports the Olympics are the pinnacle of their career, for tennis players it's just one of a few big tournaments.

My Tennis Photo Database
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2012, 04:27 PM   #43
country flag maturedgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Well, you shouldn't forget that tennis players are pro athletes and probably little less after having a great time at the Olympics and more after getting a good result. For pro-am athletes in most sports the Olympics are the pinnacle of their career, for tennis players it's just one of a few big tournaments.
Exactly what I thought. That's why she will like most of the top tennis players (I assume) have an appartment outside of the village, too.
The opening ceremony will end about midnight, not reasonable to join it, when you have to play a match next day or simply want to stay in your usual practice mode. Btw she obviously (after her tweet of the morning) lived GMT in Flo...

Last edited by maturedgirl : Jul 23rd, 2012 at 04:33 PM.
Old Jul 23rd, 2012, 05:16 PM   #44
country flag maturedgirl

Just had a little heart attack when I opened her hp
Probably only a tiff...her next tournament....
Old Jul 23rd, 2012, 05:37 PM   #45
country flag TimeyWimey

Quote:
Just had a little heart attack when I opened her hp
Probably only a tiff...her next tournament....
i noticed that too, last week it was Olympiad i remember