Off Topic....Anything Goes vol2 - Page 336 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 02:40 AM   #5026
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol2

Also I can help you guys with french, because I am going back to the basis of french. I need to ace an important test in March-April. English, French, Maths and News/General knowledge
debby is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 02:42 AM   #5027
country flag Charlatan
Diabolical

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by debby View Post
You are such a hipster

Well french is close to spanish anyway. I think the most difficult is the grammar and the feminine/masculine words. Craig and I will help you if you really want to take french
Plus Maria randomly took french lessons in Phoenix during her rehab (god I am such a stan, how the heck did I knew that )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustachepova View Post
Oh no, I didn't want to discourage you from taking it! I personally loved French, I'm just saying it's not the easiest language out there.

AND YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS at the second part of your post
meh, I'll decide it at the end of this semester. It's just only for 2 years. So yeah, you guys can help me if I happen to take French
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
Can't grab a Slam, grab cash then
Charlatan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 02:42 AM   #5028
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
That's because I have to repeat all of last year's exams in January. Plus I have this year's January modules too. If I don't start now I'll flop and then I will have too much in June if I have to repeat. Plus whatever I do I'll need all As/A*s to get into a good uni.
Quote:
To finish my last post, realised I didn't answer in full. I'm off this week and then I'm not off again until around Dec 20th. Where we get two weeks for Xmas, this is the only real chunk of time I have before January, I won't be able to revise last year's stuff as much when I'm back in school as I have to keep up with this years work.
Oh wow what are you currently studying?
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 02:42 AM   #5029
debby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustachepova View Post
OMG DEAD DEAD DEAD
I made fun of him, he got mad
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 02:45 AM   #5030
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM_1257 View Post
My God, this story about Bubka Jr... So sad... Hope he recovers well!!!
Yes it is. Hope he recovers soon.

My thoughts on medicine and extracurricular.
Basically you will have geniuses who will get in without due to their grades, as Craig and sickfalsetto (you must tell me your real name ) have said. However, a lot of these people may be socially inadequate to say the least. They'll likely end up in research but the fact is there simply isn't enough non-clinical jobs to keep the sheer brainiacs happy.
Being a doctor requires great social skills and ability to act and remain calm under pressure. So it is important to be a well-rounded/mature person and have good social skills. The clinical jobs really require this aspect.
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 02:46 AM   #5031
debby

Quote:
Yes it is. Hope he recovers soon.

My thoughts on medicine and extracurricular.
Basically you will have geniuses who will get in without due to their grades, as Craig and sickfalsetto (you must tell me your real name ) have said. However, a lot of these people may be socially inadequate to say the least. They'll likely end up in research but the fact is there simply isn't enough non-clinical jobs to keep the sheer brainiacs happy.
Being a doctor requires great social skills and ability to act and remain calm under pressure. So it is important to be a well-rounded/mature person and have good social skills. The clinical jobs really require this aspect.
Well, there are internships for that?
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 02:50 AM   #5032
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

I was the one who pointed out 'petit-ami' to debby.

I know the extracurricular requirements may seem unfair but tbh anyone seriously considering Medicine will organise it so in the end everyone has them anyway. IDK I don't mind it, I mean picture it this way: Who would you rather have telling you there were surgical complications and your relative died? The kid who stayed in the corner at school and just studied 24/7, who is all stuttering and can't look you in the face when they tell you. Or, the friendly kid from school who was just as fun to hang around with as everyone else, and tells you it calmly but with sympathy and comfort?
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 02:53 AM   #5033
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I know the extracurricular requirements may seem unfair but tbh anyone seriously considering Medicine will organise it so in the end everyone has them anyway. IDK I don't mind it, I mean picture it this way: Who would you rather have telling you there were surgical complications and your relative died? The kid who stayed in the corner at school and just studied 24/7, who is all stuttering and can't look you in the face when they tell you. Or, the friendly kid from school who was just as fun to hang around with as everyone else, and tells you it calmly but with sympathy and comfort?
Perfectly said

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 02:53 AM   #5034
debby

Quote:

Well, I do believe they have internships to deal with it. Most of them who can't deal with it just give up. :/
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 02:56 AM   #5035
debby

Also I don't think there is any extra activity that will prepare you into dealing with deaths and such in hospitals. It's very hard to deal with. I truly think they should make an internship in their second year after passing the exam so they would not waste more years if they are not made for that.
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 02:58 AM   #5036
country flag jameshazza

Yeah too much of the Medicine early years are just studying. Sure there is a lot of knowledge required but it should be integrated better. In the Uk you aren't on a placement until your 3rd or 4th year at most Unis.
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 03:02 AM   #5037
debby

Quote:
Yeah too much of the Medicine early years are just studying. Sure there is a lot of knowledge required but it should be integrated better. In the Uk you aren't on a placement until your 3rd or 4th year at most Unis.
Yeah, here , the nurses have loads of internships, from their first year. My BFF didn't have a lot of extra activities (only dance), but during her internships, she learned how to deal with that and her superiors noticed her social skills as well.
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 03:04 AM   #5038
country flag jameshazza

Although to be fair I think they uni you go to depends on your job as well. I mean Oxford and Cambridge which are the best here, you only get in to Medicine there if you have your heart set on research. That's all they want.

So most of the brainiacs go there anyway.
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 04:09 AM   #5039
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Of course I sleep for 20 hours during SS's most activity all year

Also Reptilla even tho someone else made it, I did too, so here.

Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 04:39 AM   #5040
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickfalsetto View Post
debby, is French language hard? I am thinking of taking French in my sophomore year People always say it's a beautiful language

Everyone is gonna be taking easy ones like Spanish, but I don't want to take what everyone is taking
Can you take my language? Welsh It's becoming extinct... I've seen a couple videos on YouTube of Americans talking welsh and talking about learning it. They're really good fair play
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Marion Bartoli Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread