Off Topic....Anything Goes vol2 - Page 236 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 11th, 2012, 02:02 AM   #3526
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol2

I think with ATP you know that those top 4 will be winning again soon no matter who they lose to. The same with Vika/Maria/Serena these days. Although the way Maria bounces back after any loss, no matter how bad kind of eases hers.
Advertisement

Old Sep 11th, 2012, 03:49 AM   #3527
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Nole OF ALL PEOPLE MURRAY. Whatever, I'm pretending this didn't happen just like that Bronze medal match.

anyways saw these on Facebook

Old Sep 11th, 2012, 07:45 AM   #3528
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute

Yesss Andy, finally! So happy for him.
Kon. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 10:28 AM   #3529
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by debby View Post
I will honour my promise. :P

Well I think GG went downhill in season 3 : Jenny's demise, Dan being boring with Vanessa and suddenly back with Serena, Chair all boring then Chuck's douchey behaviour. S4 was fun, but then Louis... In S5, it was a huge mess, I think Dair and Chair will agree on it. I don't think the resolution was even satisfactory, I mean, despite the mess that the S5 was, I expected everyone to grow up. But nah.

Well yeah, if you like Chair, you will love S6 they are obv getting married.
Serena/Nate sorry, it's dead, too, Serena/Dan are endgame.
Cackling forever if they are getting married in the finale when we know that Blake Lively just got married to Ryan Reynolds yesterday and Penn just learned it yesterday at that TIFF party (yes I am quite well informed on the cast, I love the cast). AWKWAAARD.

BTW were you in the GG fandom? please don't tell me you were because some Chair fans were pretty terrible.

Aww, well I think Angel without a soul is an interesting storyline. There's some depth.
What episode are you at ? Did you see Passion ? 2.17 I believe. That episode made me cry I love Giles :aww: Drusilla
Why do you hate Xander ?
SPIKE ! My fave character in BtVS. I love Cordy too, Drusilla, Buffy, Willow, Xander.. Giles... pretty much all of them
I'm a bit late, but I was a mess yesterday because of the men's match, so here I am again, back to normal (I hope )

I saw that Blake married Ryan, and I was like WTF I mean, for me, it was kind of sudden, but they do make an ok couple, so, I'll let them be

Not exactly sure what you meant by the GG fandom sentence

As far as Buffy goes, I'm about to watch the season 2 finale (those 2 epis...) I saw passion, it's a pretty good, and also sad episode As far as the characters go, I also like pretty much all of them, I don't know what it is about Xander... He just gets on my nerves so much sometimes And I hate his tries to be funny with his jokes xD Maybe he becomes better as the show progresses

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 10:39 AM   #3530
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

WAIT JUST A MINUTE

Had you never seen Buffy before?
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Marion Bartoli Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 11:13 AM   #3531
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute

awww for Nole. I am obv over the moon six frigging years i have been waiting for that sweet moment.

Yeah Blake Lively is totes preggo (she planned her wedding in less than a month, didn't tell Penn despite working together and being still friends (I think that was a bit low from her as Penn was at TIFF for his first big movie), she is taking a break from acting, she wants kids) so I guess that's why it was so rushed

Awwww, these episodes are amazing !!!! Enjoy I felt sad for Buffy but what a BAMF ! and Spike
debby is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 12:03 PM   #3532
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
about Novak, I just think this season was meant to be "disappointing" because he had such an unbelievable year in 2011 so he knew he couldn't match it in 2012, and that made him crush a little imho.
If he comes back pressure-free in 2013 it will be much better.
He's had a great year. As for yesterday's match - he has had so many close matches against the other three of the big four where he just managed to come out the winner by the narrowest of margins that it was inevitable that one of those would go against him sooner or later.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 12:05 PM   #3533
country flag SidTheKid

SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future

Well Nole disapointed me but I expected it soo.. still i say he had bad year and he is with 1000 lead in race to London

still his form as of late is just bad

and few others

#20 #8 #1 #3
SidTheKid is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 12:13 PM   #3534

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieOwen3 View Post
WAIT JUST A MINUTE

Had you never seen Buffy before?
I have, when I was a kid, but I didn't watch it regularly, and I barely remember. So, with all the spare time I've got atm, I've decided to revoke some memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
He's had a great year. As for yesterday's match - he has had so many close matches against the other three of the big four where he just managed to come out the winner by the narrowest of margins that it was inevitable that one of those would go against him sooner or later.
You are completely right. I actually thought that he would run out of gas at that AO final, but I guess somewhere you gain, somewhere you lose. I still can't understand my feelings completely. I feel so bad about the chances missed (not in the fifth, but in the first two sets), and yet I can't believe that Andy finally won a Major. It feels almost surreal, and I'm really happy for him.
Quote:
awww for Nole. I am obv over the moon six frigging years i have been waiting for that sweet moment.

Yeah Blake Lively is totes preggo (she planned her wedding in less than a month, didn't tell Penn despite working together and being still friends (I think that was a bit low from her as Penn was at TIFF for his first big movie), she is taking a break from acting, she wants kids) so I guess that's why it was so rushed

Awwww, these episodes are amazing !!!! Enjoy I felt sad for Buffy but what a BAMF ! and Spike
Yeah, you're probably right about Blake Now if only Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder would follow in their footsteps... And Buffy's awesome right now, great finale. And my hate for Xander is even bigger after it Oh, Spike is starting to really grow on me

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Old Sep 11th, 2012, 12:20 PM   #3535
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidTheKid View Post
Well Nole disapointed me but I expected it soo.. still i say he had bad year and he is with 1000 lead in race to London

still his form as of late is just bad
If this is a bad year he'll have nothing but bad years from now on. It's totally unrealistic to expect that he will ever have another 2011. But that's the problem with the expectations people have of successful players. At first you get credit for every win, but once it gets to a certain level the situation changes to one where even great is not good enough anymore. 200m and 400m running legend Michael Johnson said something similar when asked why he stopped competing. "Winning wasn't enough anymore in the eyes of people. They actually criticized me whenever there wasn't enough distance between me and the guy who came in second. When it got to that point it stopped being fun because I knew that whatever I would do from that point onwards would never be considered good enough anymore."

Old Sep 11th, 2012, 12:23 PM   #3536
country flag SidTheKid

SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future

I know it is mostly due to expectations but what I meant is he is 5-8 against top 4 this year..and as of late he didnt beat top 4 well until RG I think so that is actually something to worry about.

and few others

#20 #8 #1 #3
SidTheKid is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 12:32 PM   #3537
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidTheKid View Post
I know it is mostly due to expectations but what I meant is he is 5-8 against top 4 this year..and as of late he didnt beat top 4 well until RG I think so that is actually something to worry about.
I don't know. Everyone - even those top four guys will inevitably have their ups and downs. But their downs are still a lot better than everyone else's ups, so it's all relative. It's all just a matter of one or two points here or there that decide the outcome of the matches between those four. One ball extra that lands on the right side of the line from Djokovic' perspective in that first set tiebreak and you possibly get a completely different match.

Old Sep 11th, 2012, 12:51 PM   #3538
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute

Omg Chrissie, you are like what ? the wisest TF member around. I am serious. I always agree with your posts in general, even about Caroline ! And I am not fond of her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisvampire View Post
Yeah, you're probably right about Blake Now if only Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder would follow in their footsteps... And Buffy's awesome right now, great finale. And my hate for Xander is even bigger after it Oh, Spike is starting to really grow on me
they still have time to settle for good
Yes !!! Faith is in S3 Ok I need to watch S3-S4, those are the only seasons I have not watched Spike is not in S3 , but he comes back in S4 and becomes a regular such a bamf.

Thank you for not bashing Andy etc it must have been a tough loss, but I am happy when people acknowledge it feels surreal and awesome for him and his fans. It was so hard supporting him ... I never gave up on him, because I mean I would be a fake fan (nothing wrong with people who casually follow him and are super happy because he wins but stanning for him and stopping because he is a loser? that sucks tbh), so yeah yesterday felt amazing.
So it hurts a bit to read all these bitter haters making fun of Andy because there was wind.. Sure, but he knew better how to play, and at least he didn't choke. Oh well
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 01:31 PM   #3539

Quote:
Omg Chrissie, you are like what ? the wisest TF member around. I am serious. I always agree with your posts in general, even about Caroline ! And I am not fond of her.

they still have time to settle for good
Yes !!! Faith is in S3 Ok I need to watch S3-S4, those are the only seasons I have not watched Spike is not in S3 , but he comes back in S4 and becomes a regular such a bamf.

Thank you for not bashing Andy etc it must have been a tough loss, but I am happy when people acknowledge it feels surreal and awesome for him and his fans. It was so hard supporting him ... I never gave up on him, because I mean I would be a fake fan (nothing wrong with people who casually follow him and are super happy because he wins but stanning for him and stopping because he is a loser? that sucks tbh), so yeah yesterday felt amazing.
So it hurts a bit to read all these bitter haters making fun of Andy because there was wind.. Sure, but he knew better how to play, and at least he didn't choke. Oh well
I could never bash Andy If it weren't for Nole, he would probably be my favorite Top 4 guy... But it just feels hard to really stan for somebody who is a direct threat for your fave. It's like with Petra for me, I really like her and usually root for her, but whenever she becomes a threat to Maria, she becomes a mortal enemy All jokes aside, I'm glad for him. I have to say I do believe the outcome would have been different had it not been for the wind, but that completely goes on Novak's tab. He paid too much attention to it in the beginning (just like in that first set against Ferrer), and it came to bite him in the ass in the end. Plus, Andy is much better in improvisation, so, there's that as well. But, when all is summed up, he deserved it. I don't want to sound bitter, but I actually think he deserved some other Slams (like Wimbly, and even AO 2012) more than this one, but it only proves that everything comes back eventually. Just like Nole deserved this one more than this year's AO I think... Anyway, this USO kind of balances that field for Andy. I really respect how he finally managed to take some positives from his losses (both at the AO and Wimbledon) and turn it around in his favor. And honestly, you just gotta feel for him (and Novak on some level as well)... I mean, if they hadn't got to play in Roger's and Rafa's era, they would probably split like 12 slams between themselves

Anyway, this should provide for some real battle in the men's tennis. I just hope that Rafa will fully recover and come back soon, because, even though I don't really like his tennis, I like and respect him, and the game just isn't the same without him playing it.

And as far as BTVS goes, too bad that Spike is not in S03 Guess I'll just have to run through it in couple of days

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Old Sep 11th, 2012, 02:02 PM   #3540
debby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisvampire View Post
I could never bash Andy If it weren't for Nole, he would probably be my favorite Top 4 guy... But it just feels hard to really stan for somebody who is a direct threat for your fave. It's like with Petra for me, I really like her and usually root for her, but whenever she becomes a threat to Maria, she becomes a mortal enemy All jokes aside, I'm glad for him. I have to say I do believe the outcome would have been different had it not been for the wind, but that completely goes on Novak's tab. He paid too much attention to it in the beginning (just like in that first set against Ferrer), and it came to bite him in the ass in the end. Plus, Andy is much better in improvisation, so, there's that as well. But, when all is summed up, he deserved it. I don't want to sound bitter, but I actually think he deserved some other Slams (like Wimbly, and even AO 2012) more than this one, but it only proves that everything comes back eventually. Just like Nole deserved this one more than this year's AO I think... Anyway, this USO kind of balances that field for Andy. I really respect how he finally managed to take some positives from his losses (both at the AO and Wimbledon) and turn it around in his favor. And honestly, you just gotta feel for him (and Novak on some level as well)... I mean, if they hadn't got to play in Roger's and Rafa's era, they would probably split like 12 slams between themselves

Anyway, this should provide for some real battle in the men's tennis. I just hope that Rafa will fully recover and come back soon, because, even though I don't really like his tennis, I like and respect him, and the game just isn't the same without him playing it.

And as far as BTVS goes, too bad that Spike is not in S03 Guess I'll just have to run through it in couple of days
SO TRUE !!!!
I totally agree. I absolutely loved his win yesterday, but I would have liked Wimbledon more just because it's different, it's at home, and he fought so much... I don't know, it was so emotional. I remember when Murray was like "I wanna win the USO more than Wimbledon" years ago (before 2008 actually), and since 2008 (when the crowd went wild after he beat Gasquet from two sets and a break down) he has that special behaviour and atmosphere in Wimbledon. LOL @ some people saying Murray prefers more the USO to Wimbledon. Erm. No.

But yes I totally see what you meant. I used to love Rafa and Nole, but after so many tough losses , I grew tired of them. I still like them though. Just not in slams God Nole killed me in RG Jooooo these four matchpoints.. omfg. Yet I was rooting like crazy for Nole in the finale. Idek. I think my constant factor is Murray

True, if Roger and Rafa didn't win as much... because maybe Nole and Andy would not be that good without them to be fair. I don't even know, we will never know. But I know that if they were a bit less strong, the slam count would be more equal.

Same here about Rafa. I was gutted when he withdrew from the USO. Wanted everyone fit here.

Yes !!! You don't have school, uni, anything?
Closed Thread