Off Topic....Anything Goes vol2 - Page 153 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 11th, 2012, 10:49 PM   #2281
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Scott View Post
Look, nothing by itself indicates that she's lesbian or bi, but if you do some diligent research, you will find a lot of evidence that when put all together paints a pretty clear picture. It took me a couple of weeks to put all the pieces together, but I've come to the conclusion that she doesn't really have much use for men except as beards. It's also pretty clear to me that she did have a romantic relationship with Camilla Belle. It might have been just a one-time exploration of her sexuality, but I think it was much more than that.

You might not agree, and that's OK. I'm not really pro or anti Maria, so I think I've managed to look at everything pretty objectively. No matter how many times I look at it, I keep coming back to the same conclusion.

You're maximum trolling or how can you tell such a thing from your chair in front of your desktop?
Now let me google something here and there and I could tell you OMG NADAL IS GAY LOOK HES PLAYING PLAYSTATION IN HIS UNDERWEAR WITH MONACO AND FERRER!!!111 zomg!

Please.
Trih is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 11th, 2012, 10:53 PM   #2282
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaPova View Post

I suppose you could see it that way but I really doubt they are just doing it out of the fact that it's the Olympics. I'm sure appearing at the closing ceremony would help all of them become relevant again and maybe help out whatever they're flopping at now with some publicity, and I think it's this reason why they were willing to perform at the Olympics.
There a massive part of British music history, they 'were' the 90's, and are the highest selling girl band of all time The Ceremony is partly about British music throughout the ages so its only right that they are there.
Andy. is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 10:53 PM   #2283
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Now, talking about serious things: why am I not seeing live tennis on my TV? Don't tell me it's raining AGAIN in Canada!
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 10:55 PM   #2284
country flag R_Scott

R_Scott is just really nice R_Scott is just really nice R_Scott is just really nice R_Scott is just really nice R_Scott is just really nice R_Scott is just really nice R_Scott is just really nice R_Scott is just really nice R_Scott is just really nice R_Scott is just really nice R_Scott is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post

You're maximum trolling or how can you tell such a thing from your chair in front of your desktop?
Now let me google something here and there and I could tell you OMG NADAL IS GAY LOOK HES PLAYING PLAYSTATION IN HIS UNDERWEAR WITH MONACO AND FERRER!!!111 zomg!

Please.
Fine. As I said, it doesn't bother me that some people disagree. There is a lot to the Camilla thing that goes beyond pictures of them together and some gossip site speculation. Truthfully, it was pretty much understood on the tour that Maria liked women, long before Camilla came into the picture.
R_Scott is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 11:03 PM   #2285
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Please.
Ok, I certainly agree it's stupid to claim you're sure about such an important aspect of Maria's private life but this poster is far from being the first person to believe she's gay. Honest there's been almost too much talk about it. I just don't believe that saying so makes someone a troll.

But then again
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Scott View Post
Truthfully, it was pretty much understood on the tour that Maria liked women, long before Camilla came into the picture.
And how are you so sure of this stuff? Are you supposed to be some kind of an insider or something?
Kon. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 11:05 PM   #2286
country flag Trih

Of course I don't say he's the first to claim he knows that she's gay, or claiming he knows something about her that we all don't,
Probably he's friend with denny5576.

Old Aug 11th, 2012, 11:07 PM   #2287
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
@Chrissie-fan: I didn't look deeply into the result thread but I didn't see haters at the first look, I guess that's because she won in the end
That usually doesn't make any difference. If she loses they just bash her - if she wins they bash her AND her opponent. I guess that this time everyone was watching Usain Bolt instead.

Thank you LI NA, we'll never forget you
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 11:07 PM   #2288
country flag RenaPova

RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMashaFan View Post
There a massive part of British music history, they 'were' the 90's, and are the highest selling girl band of all time The Ceremony is partly about British music throughout the ages so its only right that they are there.
Yeah but their comeback attempts flopped hard. And performing there would certainly give a (much needed) boost to their profile and career, which I think is why they're performing, not just because it's the Olympics.
RenaPova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 11:08 PM   #2289
country flag R_Scott

R_Scott is just really nice R_Scott is just really nice R_Scott is just really nice R_Scott is just really nice R_Scott is just really nice R_Scott is just really nice R_Scott is just really nice R_Scott is just really nice R_Scott is just really nice R_Scott is just really nice R_Scott is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderwall. View Post
Ok, I certainly agree it's stupid to claim you're sure about such an important aspect of Maria's private life but this poster is far from being the first person to believe she's gay. Honest there's been almost too much talk about it. I just don't believe that saying so makes someone a troll.

But then again

And how are you so sure of this stuff? Are you supposed to be some kind of an insider or something?
No, I'm not an insider, but I have communicated with some people who are a lot closer to the world of professional tennis and the marketing of its athletes. Word gets around and the word on Maria has persisted for a very long time.
R_Scott is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 11:10 PM   #2290
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah but their comeback attempts flopped hard. And performing there would certainly give a (much needed) boost to their profile and career, which I think is why they're performing, not just because it's the Olympics.
Dont start me on this one your not going to win How did they flop last time. Their last world tour sold out and they are the act that people are talking about more than any other for the closing ceremony. They are never going to get back together full time, obviously this event helps their careers but they are all doing there own thing and doing fine. And anyway this is not a comeback.
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 11:12 PM   #2291
country flag Trih

Internet rule #27
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 11:21 PM   #2292
country flag RenaPova

RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Dont start me on this one your not going to win How did they flop last time. Their last world tour sold out and they are the act that people are talking about more than any other for the closing ceremony. They are never going to get back together full time, obviously this event helps their careers but they are all doing there own thing and doing fine. And anyway this is not a comeback.
I still think the main reason for this comeback is to boost their profile and help get more attention for whatever they're doing now though. You probably know more about them than I do so I'll just leave it there.
RenaPova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 11:27 PM   #2293
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's pop though, ain't it? Marketing is everything. It's not Joni Mitchell or art music - it's just fun and (hopefully) good times.

Thank you LI NA, we'll never forget you
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 11:32 PM   #2294
country flag ziros

ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
For me,bands like Oasis,Blur or the Manic Street Preachers represent that period better. I might switch off when they get to the 90s...
ziros is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 11:36 PM   #2295
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziros View Post
For me,bands like Oasis,Blur or the Manic Street Preachers represent that period better. I might switch off when they get to the 90s...
Everyone has different tastes in music (Obviously ). Not sure who Manic Street Preachers are but those other two bands were certainly great British acts. But in terms of notoriety its would be hard to top Spice Girls for the 90's. Im not saying they were the best and most talented music act but they were massive for that 4 or 5 year period in the mid to late 90's. I also think the Spice Girls would generate more hype for the Ceremony than those other bands which is another factor behind the choice.
Closed Thread