2014 - June - Grass Season - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 1st, 2014, 10:50 AM   #1
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute
2014 - June - Grass Season

Aegon International
Eastbourne, United Kingdom

16 June - 21 June
Time Zone UTC +1

Grass | Premier | $710,000

F
305 Points

R1 - Angie Kerber def. Alison Riske 7-6(6) 6-4
R2 - Angie Kerber def. Alize Cornet 7-5 1-6 7-6(3)
QF - Angie Kerber def. Ekaterina Makarova 6-2 6-1
SF - Angie Kerber def. Caroline Wozniacki 3-6 7-6(3) 6-3

F - Madison Keys def. Angie Kerber 6-3 3-6 7-5

The Championships - Wimbledon
London, United Kingdom

23 June - 05 July
Time Zone UTC +1

Grass | Grand Slam | $18,575,979

QF
430 Points

R1 - Angie Kerber def. Ula Radwanska 6-2 6-4
R2 - Angie Kerber def. Heather Watson 6-2 5-7 6-1
R3 - Angie Kerber def. Kirsten Flipkens 3-6 6-3 6-2
R4 - Angie Kerber def. Maria Sharapova 7-6(4) 4-6 6-4

QF - Genie Bouchard def. Angie Kerber 6-3 6-4

Last edited by KatjaS : Jul 2nd, 2014 at 12:55 PM.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 2nd, 2014, 11:22 AM   #2
country flag Poldo

Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of
Re: 2014 - June - Grass Season

I really hope Angie can show again her offensive tennis on grass
Poldo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2014, 12:26 PM   #3
country flag ~Poseidon~

~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute

Eastbourne 1st round against Riske, also, Aga in her quarter. Amazing stuff!
~Poseidon~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2014, 12:36 PM   #4
country flag Poldo

Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of

WTA Eastbourne

(1)Radwanska v Pavlyuchenkova
Q v Makarova
Cornet v Jovanovski
Riske v (5)Kerber
Old Jun 14th, 2014, 12:37 PM   #5
country flag Poldo

I don't think it'a a bad draw.
Of course, Riske is a tricky opponent, especially on grass but a good test for Angie and her grass form.
And I don't think Aga will play that good in Eastbourne, maybe she tanks like last year
Old Jun 14th, 2014, 12:44 PM   #6
country flag ~Poseidon~

~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute

Aga doesn't need to tank, playing Pav and Makarova will be hard enough.

If only Angie could have gotten Vikas Draw, that she would have gotten, if Vika hadn't accepted the WC.
Old Jun 16th, 2014, 11:55 AM   #7
country flag ~Poseidon~

Kerber def. Riske 7-6 (6) 6-4

As expected, a lot of work against a strong opponent today, but Angie got better and better, starting with the end of the first set. The second was flawless grass tennis, she later dropped her level a bit, but got it over the finish line. Always tough, to have such a tough draw, but so much more worth, if you can get through it.
Her passing shots were just outstanding today.

Last edited by ~Poseidon~ : Jun 16th, 2014 at 12:01 PM.
Old Jun 16th, 2014, 11:59 AM   #8
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Quality win against a quality opponent. Riske probably is one of the most dangerous floaters on grass and played good tennis throughout most of the match. Angie had 3/17 BP used, which looks terrible, but really it was mostly Riske playing these points so damn well.

Hopefully that win will help her put the clay season behind her.
Old Jun 16th, 2014, 12:02 PM   #9
country flag Poldo

Angie So glad she won and showed some decent tennis
But again she could not serve it out, this is still a problem
Old Jun 16th, 2014, 09:25 PM   #10
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

very good win today, I was there for the press definitely a great start against a tricky grass courter!

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2014, 12:37 PM   #11
country flag Poldo

WTA Eastbourne - R2

(5)Angelique Kerber (GER) d. Alizé Cornet (FRA) 75 16 76(3)

Very tight match. Good tennis from Angie and 2nd win in a row against a well playing opponent.
Old Jun 18th, 2014, 12:44 PM   #12
country flag ~Poseidon~

Trademark-win by Kerber. Those matches made her the player she is today. Saved 2 MPs, well, it was one, as Alizé hit a DF, but the second one was superbly played by Angie.

Happy for her, she needed that win.
Old Jun 18th, 2014, 10:16 PM   #13
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Angie into Eastbourne QF !

The match should have been easier. But mentally strong from Angie. Shows why she is a Top player

Now that Aga is out Angie must reach the SF. Beat Makarova

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2014, 10:33 PM   #14
country flag KatjaS

Very good that she managed to edge out a close win. As Poseidon said, those tight wins used to be trademark Kerber.

Makarova again now, their 5th meeting on grass, that's ridiculous.
Old Jun 19th, 2014, 08:46 AM   #15
country flag KatjaS

Angie will play at 11:00 on Court 1 (streamed, but not with a great angle ). That's 12:00 CEST.