Ana's Summer Swing Session (Until US Open) - Page 37 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 6th, 2012, 10:07 PM   #541
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana's Summer Swing Session (Until US Open)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Hey Howie!

Did you watch the match?
Hey Isa! No I haven't seen it yet. It's recorded (well, whatever part of it they showed on NZ tv, along with the whole day's play) and I'll try to have a look tonight. It's tough though because when there's a live match on I'd rather watch that of course... but I'll try to have a look at some key parts of the match. Your description sounds right though. When you feel that there will not be many opportunities it is difficult to execute when you finally do get the chance, and Ana has had problems with this kind of thing for a while.

I feel that the lower ranked players find her serve a real handful, they aren't good enough at returning to deal with it despite her poor toss and low percentages. But because of her toss and the overall unreliability of it, against top players it doesn't work well enough. I'd have to have a look to see what was actually happening in her serve games against Serena. Mind you, Serena is a very good aggressive returner so she can make even quite good serves look bad.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 6th, 2012, 10:43 PM   #542
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
Hey Isa! No I haven't seen it yet. It's recorded (well, whatever part of it they showed on NZ tv, along with the whole day's play) and I'll try to have a look tonight. It's tough though because when there's a live match on I'd rather watch that of course... but I'll try to have a look at some key parts of the match. Your description sounds right though. When you feel that there will not be many opportunities it is difficult to execute when you finally do get the chance, and Ana has had problems with this kind of thing for a while.

I feel that the lower ranked players find her serve a real handful, they aren't good enough at returning to deal with it despite her poor toss and low percentages. But because of her toss and the overall unreliability of it, against top players it doesn't work well enough. I'd have to have a look to see what was actually happening in her serve games against Serena. Mind you, Serena is a very good aggressive returner so she can make even quite good serves look bad.
I think Ana's 1st serve is okish.. could be a lot better, but its not that bad, considering how wild her toss is. But Ana's second serve is highly attackable, against anyone really. She hardly ever wins over 50% of second serve points. And she was hitting over 60% of 2nd serves for this match and in average for the tournament. I'm not even considering Serena, because she can make any serve look average if she is playing well. But Ana hitting SO many 2nd serves definitely made her life (and of any opponent) way easier.

Now I do think that the serve is the one shot Nigel has made worse.. I would like to know what they are trying to do with her serve.. its not really working TBH.

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 07:02 PM   #543
country flag AK-DH Fan

AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future

I think this was a really good tournament for Ana getting to the quarters . I agree with u guys. She did have her opportunities but didn't convert. Her intentions were good though. She wasn't playing passively at all. Serena was really just too good. Good Job Ana!!! Hope she continues to play well next tournament
Anna Chakvetadze
Tatiana Golovin
Maria Kirilenko
Ai Sugiyama

Other faves are-Hingis, Pierce, Myskina & Dementieva

|Ain't no party like a ...COCKTAIL PARTY!|D' Express_020|
AK-DH Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote