Ana's Summer Swing Session (Until US Open) - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 16th, 2012, 10:08 PM   #166
SOA_MC

SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana's Summer Swing Session (Until US Open)

Hmm Lizzie didn't commint suicide last week, good for her

Ana will win US Open or make the final and lose to Wozniacki
SOA_MC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 16th, 2012, 10:13 PM   #167
country flag soul

soul is a splendid one to behold soul is a splendid one to behold soul is a splendid one to behold soul is a splendid one to behold soul is a splendid one to behold soul is a splendid one to behold soul is a splendid one to behold soul is a splendid one to behold soul is a splendid one to behold soul is a splendid one to behold soul is a splendid one to behold

What a pity that Ana's rankings stay stable due to the losses of other players;so should I be happy as a fan?
soul is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2012, 10:14 PM   #168
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

@Fed Cup final
That's a big achievement.
Linguae^ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2012, 11:01 PM   #169
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Oh please people, stop trying to make Fed Cup a thing.

And besides... Ana didn't make the final. Serbia did. Ana just happens to be a serbian and play.

Her 1-1 record in Fed Cup would, at best, get her to a 2nd round if this was a normal tournament.

But sure.. take solace in the fact that the Fed Cup final is the closest Ana will be to making anything worth writting home about this year.

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2012, 11:03 PM   #170
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOA_MC View Post
Hmm Lizzie didn't commint suicide last week, good for her
Who is Lizzie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOA_MC View Post
Ana will win US Open or make the final and lose to Wozniacki
We have a Wozniacki fan around!

Old Aug 16th, 2012, 11:36 PM   #171
country flag Deestruction
Two-timing...

Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute

Lets just be honest there is no way Serbia is gonna beat the czechs unless 07/08 Ana and Jelena is back, plus they got so lucky with getting by russia lets admit. So hopefully serbia will make it competitive but for now, this is not gonna happen.
Deestruction is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 01:23 PM   #172
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

Who knows with Petra's form?! And they have no other top player left, Safarova is still average if our girls play solid tennis. Jelena always steps it up for her team, while Ana's good on that surface. Actually, both Jelena and Ana like that surface for their games. But they are retarded.
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 01:59 PM   #173
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linguae^ View Post
Who knows with Petra's form?! And they have no other top player left, Safarova is still average if our girls play solid tennis. Jelena always steps it up for her team, while Ana's good on that surface. Actually, both Jelena and Ana like that surface for their games. But they are retarded.
I think we should keep our feet to the ground regarding Fed Cup. Sure, anything can happen. But Serbia is a huuuuuuuuuuuuge underdog.

When was the last time Petra lost an indoor hard match? Oh yeah, over 2 years ago, in a spam of almost 30 matches. Very unlikely to break that trend in front of her home crowd. She is an inconsistent player, but she loves to play for her country and hasn't lost a Fed Cup match in over 2 years as well. And among all those who will be playing the FC final, she is the only top 10 and by far the most acomplished in the past 2 years.

Czechs also have a very good doubles team, who are constantly making slam finals, in Havlackova and Hradecka. So Serbia can't count on making a miraculous 5th match win to clinch the title, as has been the case in some key ties in the past. This is not Wickmayer/VanUytvanck or Hantuchova/Rybarikova.. this is not a last minute arranged pair. This is a slam winner, silver medallist, slam finalist, title winner pair who play the doubles circuit and are ranked within the top 10.

So we have Safarova.. who is, supposedly, the weak link in the Czech team. But Lucie is a top 20 player who has won her last 3 meetings against Ana, including one this year. JJ has a good record against her (5-1), but she can barely win a match these days. I trust JJ to transform herself for Fed Cup, but truth is, for Serbia to win the final, they'd have to beat Lucie twice and take a match from Petra in her best surface, one she hasn't lost on in over 2 years, in front of her home crowd. The odds are very little.

Old Aug 17th, 2012, 07:20 PM   #174
country flag Linguae^

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
I think we should keep our feet to the ground regarding Fed Cup. Sure, anything can happen. But Serbia is a huuuuuuuuuuuuge underdog.

When was the last time Petra lost an indoor hard match? Oh yeah, over 2 years ago, in a spam of almost 30 matches. Very unlikely to break that trend in front of her home crowd. She is an inconsistent player, but she loves to play for her country and hasn't lost a Fed Cup match in over 2 years as well. And among all those who will be playing the FC final, she is the only top 10 and by far the most acomplished in the past 2 years.

Czechs also have a very good doubles team, who are constantly making slam finals, in Havlackova and Hradecka. So Serbia can't count on making a miraculous 5th match win to clinch the title, as has been the case in some key ties in the past. This is not Wickmayer/VanUytvanck or Hantuchova/Rybarikova.. this is not a last minute arranged pair. This is a slam winner, silver medallist, slam finalist, title winner pair who play the doubles circuit and are ranked within the top 10.

So we have Safarova.. who is, supposedly, the weak link in the Czech team. But Lucie is a top 20 player who has won her last 3 meetings against Ana, including one this year. JJ has a good record against her (5-1), but she can barely win a match these days. I trust JJ to transform herself for Fed Cup, but truth is, for Serbia to win the final, they'd have to beat Lucie twice and take a match from Petra in her best surface, one she hasn't lost on in over 2 years, in front of her home crowd. The odds are very little.
Actually, everything is pretty open. Think about it. Try to regard it from a couple of months ahead perspective.
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 08:28 PM   #175
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linguae^ View Post
Actually, everything is pretty open. Think about it. Try to regard it from a couple of months ahead perspective.
Ok.. from a couple of months? Ana has received more bagels than in her 9 year career, and JJ can't win a single match. Petra won Montreal, made QFs at Wimbledon and Olympics. Safarova made the semis in montreal. Its actually even less open if we take that perspective.

Edit: Anything can happen... who knows who will end up playing TBH.. but things aren't open and Serbia is a huge underdog.

Last edited by gaviotabr : Aug 17th, 2012 at 08:37 PM.
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 09:26 PM   #176
country flag fANAtic

fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold

If Petra and Lucie break their legs, we have solid chances. Although, Hradecka and Hlavackova can make a lot of problems in singles for our girls.
fANAtic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 09:41 PM   #177
country flag Linguae^

Quote:
Originally Posted by fANAtic View Post
If Petra and Lucie break their legs, we have solid chances. Although, Hradecka and Hlavackova can make a lot of problems in singles for our girls.
Hlavackova no, that one would lose to Jelena 7/6, 6/7, 6/7. Ana would conjure her Wimbledon 2009 form to devastate Hradecka after a series of match points for the Czech. I'm right, I'm right.
Old Aug 21st, 2012, 02:45 AM   #178
country flag gaviotabr

It seems the adidas photo session for next year was done today in NY:

Quote:
Dan McLaren ‏@DanielMclaren
tough day at work today. fly to NYC to spend afternoon at shoot with @andy_murray @FeVerdasco7 & Ana Ivanovic! someone had to

Old Aug 21st, 2012, 09:08 PM   #179
country flag gaviotabr

Ana will be answering questions on twitter tomorrow!

Quote:
adidas tennis ‏@adidastennis
Got a question for Ana? Tweet it to us and include #AskAna. She'll pick out her favourites to answer tomorrow 8.30pm ET http://ow.ly/i/RSQI

Old Aug 21st, 2012, 09:49 PM   #180
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Ana will be answering questions on twitter tomorrow!
Did Ana start her practices at Flushing Meadows? Maria practiced at Arthur Ashe today.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote