Maria Sharapova to become new Henin? - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Pova - the new JuJu?

Yes 3 5.45%
No 35 63.64%
Peak Pierce 11 20.00%
Mona Barthel 6 10.91%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 06:54 PM   #31
country flag Becool

Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Maria Sharapova to become new Henin?

Jesus, take the wheel of this board and ban Galang.

serena
townsend × rezaï × lisicki
vesnina × keys × mladenovic

facebook ~ twitter
[#ps - in portuguese]
Becool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 06:57 PM   #32
country flag TennisAddict84

TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold

can't really compare the two, but I do think clay is probably Maria's best surface at this moment.
TennisAddict84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 07:17 PM   #33
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

No. Maria's more than likely to keep doing well at AO and RG but Wimbledon and US Open are not on the cards for her anymore I'm afraid, especially the latter. I think she can have some more SFs and finals at Wimbledon again but winning it seems a far reach at this point. USO is point blank her worst slam for the past 5 years, and I don't think that will change significantly.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 07:23 PM   #34
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desuetude View Post
No. Maria's more than likely to keep doing well at AO and RG but Wimbledon and US Open are not on the cards for her anymore I'm afraid, especially the latter. I think she can have some more SFs and finals at Wimbledon again but winning it seems a far reach at this point. USO is point blank her worst slam for the past 5 years, and I don't think that will change significantly.
USO is getting slower and slower every year, if she could somehow win this fucking round 3 with the wind and everything then I can see her going very far but Wimbledon seems out of reach unless she goes back to her old ball bashing style like in 2004/2005 but I don't see this happening, this is not her game anymore.
Anyway she is still losing to the very good players on the surface(Serena, Kvitova, Lisicki) so there is still a shot. She is a contender at every major iMO just a lesser one at Wimbledon and US.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 07:40 PM   #35
country flag justineheninfan

justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute

She will be lucky to win 1 more French Open. She is probably only playing another 4 years max, and the French Open has been wide open since Henin retired and will still remain so. She played great to win it this year, but she didnt play any threats other than Kvitova who is having a crappy year. She will be a legit contender, but just one of many and I cant see her dominating clay for years like Henin, even in a much worse clay field (that despite the Henin clay field was even mediocre, which just speaks to how unspeakably bad todasy is).

That said the French Open could end up going down as her best slam (as it is quite possible she doesnt win another slam anywhere else, while winning another RG), and clay could go down as her best surface in the end. Who would have imagined that.

I agree she wont win Wimbledon again. I dont think the U.S Open either. Her best surfaces the remainder of her career will be slow courts Australian and the French, and her main competition there will be from Azarenka, Serena as long as she plays, Kvitova, Radwanska, and whomever else might emerge as a threat the next several years.
justineheninfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 08:55 PM   #36
country flag jj74

jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute

Please. Henin was a fantastic clay courter, the best of her generation by far. Maria is not bad on clay, but she is not that good. She is lucky to not live on a era of great players on clay, like the 90's
jj74 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 09:07 PM   #37
country flag Martian Jeza
Crazy Conspiracy Theorist, Politically Incorrect

Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute

Henin even not having won Wimbledon was a much better player than Sharapova overall : I don't think you can compare Henin and Sharapova as they had two different game styles. Her way to the Roland Garros title was well easy : one week before the end of Roland Garros I said they should give Sharapova the Lenglen Trophy already because the field that was left was weak to say the least.

I'm curious if next year she'll be able to repeat her 2012 clay season : confirming is always the hardest task in sports.

Loads will accept being deceived and being whores of the system : a few others with ethics and values decided to be Free Human beings

BNP Paribas, JP Morgan, Lagardere are criminals : WAKE UP !
Martian Jeza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 09:27 PM   #38
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galang View Post
I think she could dominate RG in many years to come.

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 10:43 PM   #39
country flag slamchamp

slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobito View Post

And she would do the same again to Sharapova 2012
Yeah nice try comparing 18 year old Maria Maybe you should compare to their match in 2010 when Maria was a break up in the 3rd

URUGUAY
slamchamp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 10:49 PM   #40
country flag hablo

hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute

NO

GO all Canuck players GO
hablo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 11:25 PM   #41
country flag justineheninfan

justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamchamp View Post
Yeah nice try comparing 18 year old Maria Maybe you should compare to their match in 2010 when Maria was a break up in the 3rd
So much fail in such a short post.

-despite not winning a major title that year, 2005 was overall Maria's 2nd best and most consistent year of tennis ever after only 2006, and everyone who has followed tennis for the last decade knows this. Name me any other years she played better overall. She was in contention to win every major event apart from maybe the French, just like 2006, the only two years this was ever true. She lost to the eventual winner of everone of the 5 major events. Do you seriously think Maria is a better player now than 2005, ROTFL! Like the 2005 version of Maria who reached #1 for awhile with the likes of Davenport, Clijsters, Serena, Venus, and Henin on tour and going strong would have ever been losing a slam final to Azarenka 6-3, 6-0 or a tier 1 final to Radwanska by a similar beatdown score. Maria's prime until she displays a higher level of tennis on surfaces other than clay will remain 2004-2006, along with a blip of the 2007 WTA Championships/2008 Australian Open. So the 18 year old crap is nonsense.

-While 2005 was actually Maria's 2nd best year of tennis ever it was only Henin's 5th best after 2003, 2004, 2006, and 2007. Henin still won their only 2 ever clay meetings while both were top players easily, their other match that year was an even easier win for Henin. No version of Maria would stand a chance against prime Henin on CLAY, dont kid yourelf. On other surfaces there are evenly matched when both are playing well, and their matches prove this, but on clay it is David and Goliath.

-Like any match against Henin in 2010 is of any meaning. Seriously. Even if you want to say both were out of their primes, a match with both players in their primes (which definitely was the case in 2005, despite that it was by far Henin's worst year of her 2003-2007 prime period) is a far better indicator, and there were two of them.
justineheninfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 11:26 PM   #42
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is still open

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2012, 12:24 AM   #43
country flag slamchamp

slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by justineheninfan View Post
So much fail in such a short post.

-despite not winning a major title that year, 2005 was overall Maria's 2nd best and most consistent year of tennis ever after only 2006, and everyone who has followed tennis for the last decade knows this. Name me any other years she played better overall. She was in contention to win every major event apart from maybe the French, just like 2006, the only two years this was ever true. She lost to the eventual winner of everone of the 5 major events. Do you seriously think Maria is a better player now than 2005, ROTFL! Like the 2005 version of Maria who reached #1 for awhile with the likes of Davenport, Clijsters, Serena, Venus, and Henin on tour and going strong would have ever been losing a slam final to Azarenka 6-3, 6-0 or a tier 1 final to Radwanska by a similar beatdown score. Maria's prime until she displays a higher level of tennis on surfaces other than clay will remain 2004-2006, along with a blip of the 2007 WTA Championships/2008 Australian Open. So the 18 year old crap is nonsense.

-While 2005 was actually Maria's 2nd best year of tennis ever it was only Henin's 5th best after 2003, 2004, 2006, and 2007. Henin still won their only 2 ever clay meetings while both were top players easily, their other match that year was an even easier win for Henin. No version of Maria would stand a chance against prime Henin on CLAY, dont kid yourelf. On other surfaces there are evenly matched when both are playing well, and their matches prove this, but on clay it is David and Goliath.

-Like any match against Henin in 2010 is of any meaning. Seriously. Even if you want to say both were out of their primes, a match with both players in their primes (which definitely was the case in 2005, despite that it was by far Henin's worst year of her 2003-2007 prime period) is a far better indicator, and there were two of them.
I apreciate the long post really..But Maria was still adapting to clay when she was only 18, she couldn't slide any bit..And I do think a match from Henin in 2010 before she hurt her elbow IS a good indicator why not

URUGUAY
slamchamp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 05:13 PM   #44
country flag gbenga

gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galang View Post
I think she could dominate RG in many years to come. And I'm not sure she'll ever win Wimbledon again
gbenga is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 05:28 PM   #45
country flag acetoace

acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute

Father forgive them for they know not what they say
acetoace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote