London 2012 - Mission: Olympic Glory & Career Golden Slam! - Page 191 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 7th, 2012, 10:14 AM   #2851
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: London 2012 - Mission: Olympic Glory & Career Golden Slam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long and Hard View Post
I still dislike Caro not her as a person though, I just hate her style of play that's all and that will never change. I dislike pushers and It's not my fault Caro is one .
Well, different strokes for different folks I guess. Although I know that most people use the word 'pusher' as an insult, or at least as a criticism, to me it just means that when I watch that player I won't get to see an obscene number of UE from her.

But I don't dislike any type of game really. I find it healthier that we have a variety of playing styles rather than that everyone would be the mirror image of everyone else. I like Maria, but if everyone would play like Maria I would find it boring. And if everyone would play like Caroline I would find it boring as well. It's the contrasts in playing styles and personalities that keep us interested, or keep me interested anyway.

And each player has to play to her strenghts. If Caroline would try to be a Sharapova it would be suicide because she can't do that. And if Maria would try to rebuild her game around a strong defense and ignore what she actually does best it would make no sense either. But Caroline is in a phase of her career where she tries to find some middle ground. She tries to add to her offensive arsenal without ignoring her core game. And since the Paszek match at Wimbledon her quota of winners has gone up. She's working with a new coach and changed the string tension of her racquets from 27 to 21 kilos to give her shots more pop. It's much too soon to say whether all of that will work for her, but SHE IS trying to make some adjustments to her game.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 7th, 2012, 10:29 AM   #2852
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, different strokes for different folks I guess. Although I know that most people use the word 'pusher' as an insult, or at least as a criticism, to me it just means that when I watch that player I won't get to see an obscene number of UE from her.

But I don't dislike any type of game really. I find it healthier that we have a variety of playing styles rather than that everyone would be the mirror image of everyone else. I like Maria, but if everyone would play like Maria I would find it boring. And if everyone would play like Caroline I would find it boring as well. It's the contrasts in playing styles and personalities that keep us interested, or keep me interested anyway.

And each player has to play to her strenghts. If Caroline would try to be a Sharapova it would be suicide because she can't do that. And if Maria would try to rebuild her game around a strong defense and ignore what she actually does best it would make no sense either. But Caroline is in a phase of her career where she tries to find some middle ground. She tries to add to her offensive arsenal without ignoring her core game. And since the Paszek match at Wimbledon her quota of winners has gone up. She's working with a new coach and changed the string tension of her racquets from 27 to 21 kilos to give her shots more pop. It's much too soon to say whether all of that will work for her, but SHE IS trying to make some adjustments to her game.
That's nice to hear. The problem with Caroline and with the image that I have of her is that she was girl who was satisfied with herself and with her game while she was number 1 in the world, and as long as she was number 1 at that time she didn't want to make any changes to her game and that bothered me. I dislike her style of play because of the way she tries to drag her opponents down to an UE rather than go for a winner on her own, but you're right in a way cause since that match with Tamira at Wimbledon she is going for winners more and that's good to see.

On the other hand she seemed happy with the way she was playing and she was happy with her ranking as a result of which she wasn't committed to making any changes to her game and as proven her style of play got her to 1# but she wasn't able to win any slams. For me the ranking aren't important, of course in a certain degree they probably are but not that important when it comes to comparing it with a slam, and Caroline seemed too obsessed with that 1# ranking for most of the time she filled that position.

She seems as a nice girl and everything but sometimes her attitude is just too much. The kangaroo thing at AO her relationship with Rory her not being able to deliver when she was supposed to against top players made me dislike her game. And of course one of the reasons that made me dislike her even more was Mega_DC I know I know I shouldn't base my opinion on a player based on a trollish fan but .
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2012, 10:47 AM   #2853
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

Could y'all please stop discussing The WoZZZzzz in here?
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2012, 10:52 AM   #2854
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Yeah, maybe Caro issues could be discussed on PM??
Old Aug 7th, 2012, 10:58 AM   #2855
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

In fact there is not much more to say about olympics, it could be an OT thread discussion aswell.
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2012, 11:07 AM   #2856
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

We have an OT thread...
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2012, 11:09 AM   #2857
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Monheaux View Post
We have an OT thread...
Don't worry. I've deleted my latest Woz related post and PM'd it to 'Long and Hard' instead.
Old Aug 7th, 2012, 11:59 AM   #2858
country flag gc-spurs

gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Nah.

Hey Chrissie-Fan you know Caro gave me her sweat towel one time after a hit on the practice courts. It was the first AO I ever went to, I think like on my second or third day there. Cheered me right up because I arrived in Melbourne on day 2- the fucking year Maria lost on day 1 wahhh.

Edit: I named it Caro.

Bring on all the pretenders. Someday, WE WILL BE REMEMBERED
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversmith View Post
oudin is a great player she already beat maria i expect to do the same now
btw whos bolivia smith?
gc-spurs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2012, 12:25 PM   #2859
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc-spurs View Post
Nah.

Hey Chrissie-Fan you know Caro gave me her sweat towel one time after a hit on the practice courts. It was the first AO I ever went to, I think like on my second or third day there. Cheered me right up because I arrived in Melbourne on day 2- the fucking year Maria lost on day 1 wahhh.

Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2012, 01:27 PM   #2860
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Quote:
Well, if I have that effect on people maybe I should start posting at all the player forums.

As for your second paragraph, without singling out Serena fans or any particular fanbase in particular - I never get why people get such a kick out of pissing on players other than their fave(s). I mean, when I look around GM I never get the impression that the majority of TF members actually like tennis. 80% of it is name-calling, bitching about this or that player or complaining about the level of the WTA. It's all sooooo negative. Why even follow the sport if they hate it that much? There are countless other sports that they can choose to follow that perhaps would be much more to their liking. And if not why not read books, listen to some music or go to the movies? Anything is better than to waste their time on something they apparently have nothing but contempt for.
I've long stayed away from pointless hating on players. There're of course the rare occasions of bitchiness (Aga, Vika) but nothing that bad, unless if we can name journalists for example...

But yea, GM used to be a lot less hate-oriented, judging from your join date you should know. Just disappointed that we've lost a sane discussion ground to a worthless cause. At least SS is still around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc-spurs View Post
Nah.

Cute story. Nightmare loss
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2012, 01:49 PM   #2861
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by domon17th View Post
But yea, GM used to be a lot less hate-oriented, judging from your join date you should know.
It's always been a pretty bitchy forum, but yes - in recent years the bars of what is deemed to be acceptable behavior have been lowered considerably, even by GM standards. I'm amazed that this Sgt.Timmykinz character seems to have taken over all threads that are related to Maria. I doubt that he's even a real Aga fan. Could be that he's just pretending to be one to get under the skin of you guys even more.
Old Aug 7th, 2012, 01:55 PM   #2862
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Quote:
It's always been a pretty bitchy forum, but yes - in recent years the bars of what is deemed to be acceptable behavior have been lowered considerably, even by GM standards. I'm amazed that this Sgt.Timmykinz character seems to have taken over all threads that are related to Maria. I doubt that he's even a real Aga fan. Could be that he's just pretending to be one to get under the skin of you guys even more.
Enigma. With that I shall direct you to Jamie's vault of receipts. He managed to find some of Sgt-whatever's incredible Maria fanboying posts prior to RG, just worthy the 180 change in attitude.

Oh well, Olympics over, time to look forward to US hardcourts!
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2012, 01:55 PM   #2863
country flag Shivank17

Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What surprises me is that people get banned for so many silly reasons and yet someone like Sgt.Timmykinz is not banned. I mean WHAT MORE does he need to do. That avie is enough.

Career Grand Slam + Silver Medalist.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Twitter: @Shivank17
Shivank17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2012, 02:44 PM   #2864
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

The reason people get banned is because people report their posts. Personally, I only report explicit homophobic content. I guess a lot of other fan bases just press it more often than us.
Old Aug 7th, 2012, 03:22 PM   #2865
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

oh he's obsessed with siberian siren, he was in a couple threads yesterday. Keeping one eye on him for receipts purposes

Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Elena Baltacha R.I.P Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote