London 2012 - Mission: Olympic Glory & Career Golden Slam! - Page 188 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 6th, 2012, 05:10 PM   #2806
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute
Re: London 2012 - Mission: Olympic Glory & Career Golden Slam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaPova View Post
That thread is a mess.

Those comments weren't nice, but I can understand Maria only fans saying that stuff in the heat of the moment considering the beatdown Serena was giving her.

However, the comments after the match from some of you guys.

Some of you guys REALLY need to stop with the passive aggressive suggestions that Serena takes steroids and is a man, that shit is NOT on. No one accused Maria of taking steroids or being a man when she won Roland Garros, so please guys, I know the loss is disappointing for Maria only fans but PLEASE show enough class not to say such childish things.
Thanks for the comprehension about the heat of the moment I'm almost glad I wasn't able to live comment during the final
But you're right also about the post-match comments, and I hope you weren't talking about my posts because I clearly stated I wasn't talking about doping or shit like that. The doping insults were even worse than the injury wishes.
What I said and I still think, is that Serena has a body and a strength that no woman in the WTA has or has had in the last years and she was born like that: she clearly overpowers everyone so, sadly for who's not her fan, is good for her and her fans &
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 6th, 2012, 05:12 PM   #2807
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
The reason for that may be that his long semi final match took more out of him than we might think. Roger is not 20 or 25 years old anymore, so maybe he needs longer to recover from a long match. And Murray played perhaps the best match of his career. I've seen him play a few matches that were just as good at masters 1000 events, but never in a match of this magnitude in a best of five sets format. He never really allowed Fed to get going. The worrying thing for everyone else is that now that Murray has got the "he can't do it on the biggest stage" monkey of his back he may be (even) more dangerous in the slams and YEC.
Yea I kind of figured that out after a while. And I think the whole SS adores you now, and in a way, you've amassed more goodwill then Woz ever did! She should hire you as a PR guy or something.

I seriously cannot for the life of me, understand how Serena stans STILL enjoy taunting and insulting Maria. It's been 8 year. EIGHT years (And 9 straight, almost always lop-sided losses for Maria).
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2012, 05:30 PM   #2808
country flag nectar69

nectar69 is a name known to all nectar69 is a name known to all nectar69 is a name known to all nectar69 is a name known to all nectar69 is a name known to all nectar69 is a name known to all nectar69 is a name known to all nectar69 is a name known to all nectar69 is a name known to all nectar69 is a name known to all nectar69 is a name known to all

I just finally read through some of those comments. Please Maria fans do not say stuff like that anymore. I know Serena fans probably do the same, but they're just like Serena if they do. Let's try to act the way Maria would want us to act. I know she doesn't see any of this, but I think she would be ashamed of some of those posts. Let's try to act with class and dignity, the way she does, and the way she would want us to. Unfortunately, I think the Maria-Serena matchups are just getting started. Serena has said she wants to defend her gold in Rio, and has no intentions of retiring any time soon. I remember when Steffi Graf dominated the game, and Serena may be on the verge of doing something like that herself, although I question whether she has the mental toughness and focus to do it for a long time. If she stays really focused and healthy it will be tough for Maria to win tournaments, slams. Maybe Maria would have a chance at the French Open on the red clay. I just hope Maria can turn this around and beat Serena at some point, that in itself would almost feel like winning a slam.
nectar69 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2012, 06:27 PM   #2809
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by domon17th View Post
Yea I kind of figured that out after a while. And I think the whole SS adores you now, and in a way, you've amassed more goodwill then Woz ever did! She should hire you as a PR guy or something.

I seriously cannot for the life of me, understand how Serena stans STILL enjoy taunting and insulting Maria. It's been 8 year. EIGHT years (And 9 straight, almost always lop-sided losses for Maria).
Well, if I have that effect on people maybe I should start posting at all the player forums.

As for your second paragraph, without singling out Serena fans or any particular fanbase in particular - I never get why people get such a kick out of pissing on players other than their fave(s). I mean, when I look around GM I never get the impression that the majority of TF members actually like tennis. 80% of it is name-calling, bitching about this or that player or complaining about the level of the WTA. It's all sooooo negative. Why even follow the sport if they hate it that much? There are countless other sports that they can choose to follow that perhaps would be much more to their liking. And if not why not read books, listen to some music or go to the movies? Anything is better than to waste their time on something they apparently have nothing but contempt for.
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2012, 08:04 PM   #2810
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

You really have though. I had forgotten there was a possibility that sane people like her, and not just douchelords like kman and Word Life

Mad props. You're an excellent poster

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2012, 08:21 PM   #2811
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Yes chrissie-fan you're very welcome here and your posts are always great. Anyways, Maria isn't tanking Montreal. So I'm over this, over them. My last word on it is that we shouldn't lower ourselves to their level pulling all those receipts. That said the next time I witness such disgusting fuckery, I'll be every bit as report-button happy as they are.
Old Aug 6th, 2012, 08:34 PM   #2812
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

IMO nothing anyone said was worse than the way most Serena fans(and others) are behaving right now. This is already 48 hours of NON STOP bashing of Maria, her achievements and her fans.

Seriously, don't these people have anything better to do with their time?
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2012, 09:03 PM   #2813
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone against Maria now on GM . She'll shut em up eventually, very soon.
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2012, 09:13 PM   #2814
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute

It's still going on in GM? Like seriously?
I still haven't read ANY threads related to it.
I know that it shouldn't but it would piss me off a lot and it's not worth it.

It really is disturbing though. Some people should seek help. This isn't healthy.
Kon. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2012, 09:15 PM   #2815
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
Yes chrissie-fan you're very welcome here and your posts are always great. Anyways, Maria isn't tanking Montreal. So I'm over this, over them. My last word on it is that we shouldn't lower ourselves to their level pulling all those receipts. That said the next time I witness such disgusting fuckery, I'll be every bit as report-button happy as they are.
Count me in.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2012, 09:18 PM   #2816
country flag Kitten63

Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute

Now there's more hate in the career silver slam thread. Posting that gif of Maria almost crying and laughing about it.

In all my years on TF I've never seen this much hate directed at one player and her entire fan base. It makes me sick to see that people like that are out there who enjoys making fun at the misery of others

Anna Chakvetadze Petra Kvitova Jelena Jankovic Nicole Vaidisova Svetlana Kuznetsova Dinara Safina Elena Dementieva Vera Zvonereva Nadia Petrova Marion Bartoli Samantha Stosur

0663...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Federer Gasquet Djokovic Youzhny Berdych Ancic Soderling

Last edited by Kitten63 : Aug 6th, 2012 at 09:24 PM.
Kitten63 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2012, 09:35 PM   #2817
country flag **mashafierce**

**mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all

I am sorry for yet another mention of the issue but seriously what's the deal with GM? Serena's fans are posting with such hatred.Even if I weren't Maria's fan I would be very disturbed by the comments and honestly concerned about the sanity of some posters.

Steffi Graf best female tennis player ever
**mashafierce** is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2012, 09:37 PM   #2818
country flag **mashafierce**

**mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten63 View Post
Now there's more hate in the career silver slam thread. Posting that gif of Maria almost crying and laughing about it.

In all my years on TF I've never seen this much hate directed at one player and her entire fan base. It makes me sick to see that people like that are out there who enjoys making fun at the misery of others
Yes that was that thred that caused my disgust.Why can't we be happy for her silver medal?

Steffi Graf best female tennis player ever
**mashafierce** is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2012, 09:44 PM   #2819
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Ignore the "haters". If noone goes there and reads that stuff they won't have any pleasure of it. They feed of your frustration.
Old Aug 6th, 2012, 09:44 PM   #2820
country flag Kitten63

Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by **mashafierce** View Post
Yes that was that thred that caused my disgust.Why can't we be happy for her silver medal?
I don't know. If it had been anyone else in that final I can assure you nobody would be acting this way but because it was Maria we have to deal with all this nonsense.

Anna Chakvetadze Petra Kvitova Jelena Jankovic Nicole Vaidisova Svetlana Kuznetsova Dinara Safina Elena Dementieva Vera Zvonereva Nadia Petrova Marion Bartoli Samantha Stosur

0663...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Federer Gasquet Djokovic Youzhny Berdych Ancic Soderling
Kitten63 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote