London 2012 - Mission: Olympic Glory & Career Golden Slam! - Page 185 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 5th, 2012, 11:34 PM   #2761
country flag Kitten63

Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: London 2012 - Mission: Olympic Glory & Career Golden Slam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desuetude View Post
Right. But don't dig that post(s) up, that would just be lowering yourself to their level. This obsessing over calling out this fanbase and Maria is ridiculious. I remember some thread a while ago around the subject of why Serena fans hate Maria. And a lot of them answered with something along the likes of Maria being hyped as "the WHITE savior of tennis" by the media, which made them hold a grudge against her and her fans for some bizarre reason.
So true. I've seen so many racist posts by WS fans but it seems like only Maria fans get attacked for it.

Anna Chakvetadze Petra Kvitova Jelena Jankovic Nicole Vaidisova Svetlana Kuznetsova Dinara Safina Elena Dementieva Vera Zvonereva Nadia Petrova Marion Bartoli Samantha Stosur

0663...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Federer Gasquet Djokovic Youzhny Berdych Ancic Soderling
Kitten63 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 5th, 2012, 11:40 PM   #2762
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Right. But don't dig that post(s) up, that would just be lowering yourself to their level. This obsessing over calling out this fanbase and Maria is ridiculious. I remember some thread a while ago around the subject of why Serena fans hate Maria. And a lot of them answered with something along the likes of Maria being hyped as "the WHITE savior of tennis" by the media, which made them hold a grudge against her and her fans for some bizarre reason.
I wont. I dont exactly remember when and what happened, and I definitely dont have screenshots.
Old Aug 5th, 2012, 11:45 PM   #2763
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm sorry but I had to call out this

from yesterday

from june 8th 2012

how does anyone say those things when just 2 months ago they were desperate for her to win another slam?
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Elena Baltacha R.I.P Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2012, 11:46 PM   #2764
country flag Kitten63

Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute

Look at this post in the Gymnastics thread by LBV who's always fast to call Maria fans vile and racist.Isn't this a racist post from him?

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....postcount=1753

Anna Chakvetadze Petra Kvitova Jelena Jankovic Nicole Vaidisova Svetlana Kuznetsova Dinara Safina Elena Dementieva Vera Zvonereva Nadia Petrova Marion Bartoli Samantha Stosur

0663...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Federer Gasquet Djokovic Youzhny Berdych Ancic Soderling
Kitten63 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2012, 11:56 PM   #2765
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Basically.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2012, 12:10 AM   #2766
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Keep that for the next time we get called vile racists.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2012, 12:12 AM   #2767
country flag ziros

ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieOwen3 View Post
I'm sorry but I had to call out this

from yesterday

from june 8th 2012

how does anyone say those things when just 2 months ago they were desperate for her to win another slam?
They're probably just a young kid - I remember acting really childish like that when Maria got beat down in the AO '07 final but I've grown up a bit since then and I'm more calm after her losses now
ziros is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2012, 12:24 AM   #2768
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Quote:
And a lot of them answered with something along the likes of Maria being hyped as "the WHITE savior of tennis" by the media, which made them hold a grudge against her and her fans for some bizarre reason.
Really?? Huh, then what can I say? We still live in a very shallow world (despite globalization)... If she is really hyped like that, and if really the W sisters are downgraded like that based on race, then what should one say??? It is cruel. And imagine how even more cruel would be if Maria would have done what posters want her to do in that Bodo article thread...
If people see racial differences where they do not exist, then that is also sad...
I have no opinion, since I have never read in depth all that was written/said about the sisters...
And I do condemn any kind of disrespect of race, religion and nation (ethnicity).
Old Aug 6th, 2012, 12:26 AM   #2769
country flag pedropt

pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, so much drama and I wasn't even aware of it. I'm not apologizing for my comment because it wasn't written in a bad way. It was just a freaking joke. I'll post my sole and only reply on that thread to defend myself (not that I need too). I've been staying away from this kind of wars between fanbases and I pretend to keep that way.

Iím sorry if I embarrassed some of you, I certainly didnít want to.
pedropt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2012, 12:36 AM   #2770
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziros View Post
They're probably just a young kid - I remember acting really childish like that when Maria got beat down in the AO '07 final but I've grown up a bit since then and I'm more calm after her losses now
no kid, glory hunter.
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Elena Baltacha R.I.P Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2012, 12:39 AM   #2771
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maja12 View Post
Really?? Huh, then what can I say? We still live in a very shallow world (despite globalization)... If she is really hyped like that, and if really the W sisters are downgraded like that based on race, then what should one say??? It is cruel. And imagine how even more cruel would be if Maria would have done what posters want her to do in that Bodo article thread...
If people see racial differences where they do not exist, then that is also sad...
I have no opinion, since I have never read in depth all that was written/said about the sisters...
And I do condemn any kind of disrespect of race, religion and nation (ethnicity).
The media apparently hyped Maria like that back in 2004 after Maria beat Serena, according to many WS fans' words. I haven't heard anything like that in recent years at all, but apparently they found it threatening to Serena. I'd like to add that what I quoted was just specalution. As in "hyped as something like a white savior of tennis" (the way WS fans interpreted her hype), not "hyped as THE white savior of womens tennis".
Old Aug 6th, 2012, 12:41 AM   #2772
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedropt View Post
LOL, so much drama and I wasn't even aware of it. I'm not apologizing for my comment because it wasn't written in a bad way. It was just a freaking joke. I'll post my sole and only reply on that thread to defend myself (not that I need too). I've been staying away from this kind of wars between fanbases and I pretend to keep that way.

Don't feel bad. I didn't think your comment was that bad anyway.
Old Aug 6th, 2012, 01:13 AM   #2773
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenpova View Post
I'm sure they've said Similiar things. Actually, I know they have.
That's no excuse though, for either fanbase.
Old Aug 6th, 2012, 01:30 AM   #2774
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Whole GM should be closed IMO.
Old Aug 6th, 2012, 01:43 AM   #2775
country flag Charlatan
Diabolical

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedropt View Post

no, you are not/ you don't have to be! you've always been a sane venus, maria, kim fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
Can't grab a Slam, grab cash then
Charlatan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote