London 2012 - Mission: Olympic Glory & Career Golden Slam! - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 9th, 2012, 10:01 AM   #181
country flag princessmasha

princessmasha is just really nice princessmasha is just really nice princessmasha is just really nice princessmasha is just really nice princessmasha is just really nice princessmasha is just really nice princessmasha is just really nice princessmasha is just really nice princessmasha is just really nice princessmasha is just really nice princessmasha is just really nice
Re: London 2012 - Mission: Olympic Glory & Career Golden Slam!

I had a serious doubt about the way she played during wimbledon. Very passive , it almost seemed like she hadnt realised its grass. So much spin on all shots , was easier for opponents to track down and hit flat winners ,which didnt do much good for her. The serve though a bit wobbly sometimes was still better than a lot of other parts.

IMO last year she played better and i am not talking about the result of making final/4th round.

For olympics if she intend to win a medal,she clearly would have to change her approach far away from RG-style shots to ore wim 11 or 06 kind

What do you guys think?

PS: i am no expert tbh , i watched her matches this year at W and seemed very much unlike her style of play.
princessmasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 9th, 2012, 11:26 AM   #182
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmasha View Post
I had a serious doubt about the way she played during wimbledon. Very passive , it almost seemed like she hadnt realised its grass. So much spin on all shots , was easier for opponents to track down and hit flat winners ,which didnt do much good for her. The serve though a bit wobbly sometimes was still better than a lot of other parts.

IMO last year she played better and i am not talking about the result of making final/4th round.
I agree, last year she looked in better grass form... This year she was too passive... Too defensive, the fh was non-existent and the serve went to USA, and the footwork was bad... LOL I contribute that to her tiredness mental and physical... Will she be better in a few weeks? Dunno... She hasn't played many matches on grass so I am worried, maybe I worry for nothing, but I prefer to be careful...
Old Jul 9th, 2012, 03:34 PM   #183

princessmasha is just really nice princessmasha is just really nice princessmasha is just really nice princessmasha is just really nice princessmasha is just really nice princessmasha is just really nice princessmasha is just really nice princessmasha is just really nice princessmasha is just really nice princessmasha is just really nice princessmasha is just really nice

http://www.fuebuena.com.ar/?p=18135 does maria have pics like these?? Any idea?
Old Jul 9th, 2012, 03:58 PM   #184
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

hmmm... nice pics!!! If she had one, she'd be on that site, wouldn't she?
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 05:23 AM   #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maja12 View Post
hmmm... nice pics!!! If she had one, she'd be on that site, wouldn't she?
Hmm. I was kinda hoping that hers will be more exclusive or something
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 05:54 AM   #186
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmasha View Post

For olympics if she intend to win a medal,she clearly would have to change her approach far away from RG-style shots to ore wim 11 or 06 kind

What do you guys think?

PS: i am no expert tbh , i watched her matches this year at W and seemed very much unlike her style of play.
Agree with this.
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#29
PAW Rank:#29 Titles New Haven 2014
FITD Rank:#81.
Three Hands Titles Montreal, Tokyo 2014
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 06:21 AM   #187
country flag ziros

ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold

Hopefully Serena will be too worn out if she plays in Stanford this week as well...
ziros is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 01:52 PM   #188
country flag stegall

stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all

Eh,she couldn't meet Serena until the final anyway...I would concentrate on Maria making it that far first..
stegall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 05:26 PM   #189
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

I came across this while I was reading some other news on a website. Just thought you would find it amusing: The Vulture will be Poland's flag bearer I find it hard to believe that such a country doesn't have someone more suitable

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 11:35 PM   #190
country flag perseus2006
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, just stop with all the "Vulture" crap! If you don't have something positive to say about someone, then don't say anything at all.

It's getting to be very unpleasant to come to the SS Forum.
perseus2006 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2012, 12:23 AM   #191
country flag ziros

ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold

I find it strange that a lot of news sources have only been reporting that Maria is a flagbearer in the last 24 hours,it's old news...
ziros is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2012, 12:51 AM   #192
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's because it has been made official by the Russian federation yesterday. I saw the "old news" on sky sports too
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2012, 07:35 AM   #193
country flag Valkyre

Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all

What number is Russia in the Nations Parade? Do we know when they will come into the stadium? Will be a really epic moment to watch Maria represent Russia and carry the flag! It is such an honor for an athlete...!
Valkyre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2012, 07:40 AM   #194
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

Can't wait to see her carry the flag, her face will be more lighten up than anyone else's judging by the RG ceremony and national anthem.

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2012, 07:53 AM   #195
country flag Qetusi

Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
I think it's because it has been made official by the Russian federation yesterday. I saw the "old news" on sky sports too
Right
Qetusi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote