London 2012 - Mission: Olympic Glory & Career Golden Slam! - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 7th, 2012, 10:43 PM   #166
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute
Re: London 2012 - Mission: Olympic Glory & Career Golden Slam!

The Olympic games might not be of as much significance for Maria's career as a tennis player and her standing among the all time greats in tennis as the Grand Slams, but for Maria, the athlete, the sportswoman, they bear great significance for her standing among the all time greats in all sports. Let alone the value a medal would have for Maria the person, the competitor.
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 7th, 2012, 11:41 PM   #167
country flag denny5576

denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of

Personally for Maria these OG are very important. Maria and Serena are the only players who could make Golden Career Grand Slam (GCGS). If Serena will not win gold in London most probably never will make GCGS. Therefore Maria has a chance to achieve something which Serena never will.
The other point is also important. For the Russians Olympic medal means a lot. If Maria win gold medal in Russia it will be considered very high level achievement.
And the next point is even more important - Olympics are Maria's dream during many many years.
Considering all that I could say OG are more important for Maria than any other title till the end of the season.
denny5576 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 12:29 AM   #168
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There are some sports for which Olympic Games have not the same prestige and significance like for many other sports. Football and tennis are such sports. Any tennis tournament with 64 players is stronger than the Olympic tennis tournament.
don't compare olympic football and olympic tennis , Ronaldo, Messy, Iniesta, Pirlo and the best are not participating in Olympics , whereas Roger-Djoker-Rafa-Rena-Pova-Shara are all taking part in it........

It's a bad comparison

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 12:38 AM   #169
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously a medal would be great, but I'd much rather see Maria win another slam rather than the Olympics.
Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 01:19 AM   #170
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll take both
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Elena Baltacha R.I.P Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 02:23 AM   #171
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
Obviously a medal would be great, but I'd much rather see Maria win another slam rather than the Olympics.
I agree, but I would rather see Maria take an Olympic Gold than any other NON-Slam (including the YEC) And imo the ranking points should reflect this.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 04:25 AM   #172
country flag denny5576

denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
don't compare olympic football and olympic tennis , Ronaldo, Messy, Iniesta, Pirlo and the best are not participating in Olympics , whereas Roger-Djoker-Rafa-Rena-Pova-Shara are all taking part in it........

It's a bad comparison
Where did you see comparison between football and tennis in my post?
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 06:20 AM   #173
country flag Ksenia.
The fire still burns.

Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute

After all the times Maria has mentioned how important Olympics are for her personally and how it's been her dream since childhood, I really want her to win a gold medal.
It doesn't matter where it would put her in tennis history books and statistical reports, but it is pretty obvious that it would mean very much to Maria the person and that's what matters IMO.
Ksenia. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 09:02 AM   #174
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny5576 View Post
Where did you see comparison between football and tennis in my post?
Here:
Quote:
There are some sports for which Olympic Games have not the same prestige and significance like for many other sports. Football and tennis are such sports. Any tennis tournament with 64 players is stronger than the Olympic tennis tournament.
I agree, tennis in olympic games is much more important than football
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 11:15 AM   #175
country flag denny5576

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
Here:

I agree, tennis in olympic games is much more important than football
May be I need to explain you what "comparison" mean...
My post does not contain any comparison between football and tennis.
Your post compares tennis to football.
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 11:39 AM   #176
country flag Shivank17

Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute

For me, I would like her to win any medal at Olys, defend Cincy or win Montreal, make the QFs at least at USO and win YEC(and even Tokyo as bonus wont be minded).

Career Grand Slam + Silver Medalist.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Twitter: @Shivank17
Shivank17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 12:13 PM   #177
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
May be I need to explain you what "comparison" mean...
My post does not contain any comparison between football and tennis.
Your post compares tennis to football.
I misunderstood your post then, but anyway I meant that, for example, the olympic tournament in football is played by the "under 21" teams, while the olympic tournament for tennis is played by the best players. That's why an olympic medal in tennis has much more value than an olympic medal would have in football.
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 12:36 PM   #178
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksenia. View Post
After all the times Maria has mentioned how important Olympics are for her personally and how it's been her dream since childhood, I really want her to win a gold medal.
It doesn't matter where it would put her in tennis history books and statistical reports, but it is pretty obvious that it would mean very much to Maria the person and that's what matters IMO.
This! OG matter a lot to Maria, and I think winning a medal would not only bring her the utmost satisfaction, but it would also boost respect for her from some "suspicious" Russians, and creators of all the debates (like American based flag bearer etc.)

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 02:12 PM   #179
country flag denny5576

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
an olympic medal in tennis has much more value than an olympic medal would have in football.
that's correct, of course
Old Jul 9th, 2012, 08:34 AM   #180
country flag Valkyre

Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all

Maria I believe will be extremely hungry for these Olympics... It is something that eluded her for so long and now she has her ultimate chance. I believe her hunger is going to show and we can see something great unfold! Davai Maria!
Valkyre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote