Will Kvitova ever reach a non-Wimbledon GS final? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Will Petra Kvitova ever make a Grand Slam final outside of Wimbly?

Yes 25 60.98%
No 16 39.02%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old Aug 31st, 2014, 10:59 AM   #1
country flag Bismarck.

Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute
Will Kvitova ever reach a non-Wimbledon GS final?

She made the SFs of the first two Slams back in 2012 but since has not made a non-Wimbledon Grand Slam quarterfinal appearance, being stopped by the likes of Krunic, Kumkhum, Hampton and Robson. Will she ever break her duck and make a final outside of SW19?
Advertisement

Old Aug 31st, 2014, 11:02 AM   #2
country flag outlier

outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of
Re: Will Kvitova ever reach a non-Wimbledon GS final?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bismarck. View Post
She made the SFs of the first two Slams back in 2012 but since has not made a non-Wimbledon Grand Slam quarterfinal appearance, being stopped by the likes of Krunic, Kumkhum, Hampton and Robson. Will she ever break her duck and make a final outside of SW19?
You got that part wrong. She was stopped by herself.
outlier is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2014, 11:04 AM   #3
country flag Martao

Martao is just really nice Martao is just really nice Martao is just really nice Martao is just really nice Martao is just really nice Martao is just really nice Martao is just really nice Martao is just really nice Martao is just really nice Martao is just really nice Martao is just really nice

She's still very young. She won't be winning everything left and right, but she's the type of player that will have a deep run here and there. I'd say she could do it in USO or AO, just not on clay. Also in my opinion Hampton, Krunic and perhaps also Robson are quite dangerous (I also remember Hampton-Azarenka) and players to watch in the future BTW, so its not a complete shame to lose against them. Especially when you're not at top form yourself.
Martao is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2014, 11:07 AM   #4
country flag foxyknoxy

foxyknoxy has much to be proud of foxyknoxy has much to be proud of foxyknoxy has much to be proud of foxyknoxy has much to be proud of foxyknoxy has much to be proud of foxyknoxy has much to be proud of foxyknoxy has much to be proud of foxyknoxy has much to be proud of foxyknoxy has much to be proud of foxyknoxy has much to be proud of foxyknoxy has much to be proud of

It's amazing she made the SF of the French. This indicates when her game is working, she can play on any surface w/ success. So yes, it's likely she will. But time is running out. She's no spring chicken, but a late bloomer, an inconsistent late bloomer
Originally Posted by ivanxie View Post
Moonball her to death!

Pojd! Ajde! Allez up your...! Vamos?!.........
foxyknoxy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2014, 11:16 AM   #5
country flag Bismarck.

Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyknoxy View Post
It's amazing she made the SF of the French. This indicates when her game is working, she can play on any surface w/ success.
That was with a very easy draw: Barty-U Radwanska-Bratchikova-Lepchenko-Shvedova.
Old Aug 31st, 2014, 11:17 AM   #6
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's amazing she made the SF of the French. This indicates when her game is working, she can play on any surface w/ success. So yes, it's likely she will. But time is running out. She's no spring chicken, but a late bloomer, an inconsistent late bloomer
She did, but without meeting a TOP50 player. Took advantage of a great draw.
Petronius is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2014, 11:30 AM   #7
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

I think she has a chance at FO, because she is one of the few players who doesn't suck on clay.

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2014, 11:33 AM   #8
country flag winnerpova
running to stand still.

winnerpova has much to be proud of winnerpova has much to be proud of winnerpova has much to be proud of winnerpova has much to be proud of winnerpova has much to be proud of winnerpova has much to be proud of winnerpova has much to be proud of winnerpova has much to be proud of winnerpova has much to be proud of winnerpova has much to be proud of winnerpova has much to be proud of

she certainly has the game but she has the habit of checking out mentally quite often so
it is likely she will though at some point

everything you need is already inside; just do it.
arsenal | panathinaikos | masha | aga
winnerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2014, 11:38 AM   #9
country flag Martao

Martao is just really nice Martao is just really nice Martao is just really nice Martao is just really nice Martao is just really nice Martao is just really nice Martao is just really nice Martao is just really nice Martao is just really nice Martao is just really nice Martao is just really nice

Quote:
But time is running out. She's no spring chicken, but a late bloomer, an inconsistent late bloomer
Huh? She's 24 only.
Old Aug 31st, 2014, 11:43 AM   #10
country flag foxyknoxy

foxyknoxy has much to be proud of foxyknoxy has much to be proud of foxyknoxy has much to be proud of foxyknoxy has much to be proud of foxyknoxy has much to be proud of foxyknoxy has much to be proud of foxyknoxy has much to be proud of foxyknoxy has much to be proud of foxyknoxy has much to be proud of foxyknoxy has much to be proud of foxyknoxy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bismarck. View Post
That was with a very easy draw: Barty-U Radwanska-Bratchikova-Lepchenko-Shvedova.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
She did, but without meeting a TOP50 player. Took advantage of a great draw.
Lucky draws are part of tennis and taking advantage of it. Future GS will not be devoid of it. And she also made the SF of AO which is a slow court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martao View Post
Huh? She's 24 only.
24 in tennis is not young
Originally Posted by ivanxie View Post
Moonball her to death!

Pojd! Ajde! Allez up your...! Vamos?!.........
foxyknoxy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2014, 11:45 AM   #11
country flag MaSharp

MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future

Probably yes but not very soon. Imo she has biggest chances in the AO, but only if the weather is not very hot.
I also prefer her chances in RG than at the USO, where she clearly sucks.

But who knows, maybe she won't make even SF in her career off Wimbledon, but will end her career with 4, 5 of those.

She has the talent, but she is not enough patient.

2004 2006 2008 2012 2014

Giorgi | Konjuh
MaSharp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2014, 11:54 AM   #12
country flag kaktusino

kaktusino has a reputation beyond repute kaktusino has a reputation beyond repute kaktusino has a reputation beyond repute kaktusino has a reputation beyond repute kaktusino has a reputation beyond repute kaktusino has a reputation beyond repute kaktusino has a reputation beyond repute kaktusino has a reputation beyond repute kaktusino has a reputation beyond repute kaktusino has a reputation beyond repute kaktusino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Lucky draws are part of tennis and taking advantage of it. Future GS will not be devoid of it. And she also made the SF of AO which is a slow court.

That is young. Look at sisters, Pennetta, Li, Stosur, Jankovic etc they're all 30+ and still relevant.
kaktusino is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2014, 11:55 AM   #13
country flag Martao

Quote:
Uhm?

1. S. Williams 32
2. Halep 23
3. Li 31
4. Kvitova 24
5. Radwanska 25
6. Sharapova 27
7. Kerber 26
8. Bouchard 20
9. Ivanovic 26
10. Jankovic 29
11. Wozniacki 24
12. Pennetta 32
13. Cibulkova 25
14. Errani 27
15. Safarova 27
16. Suarez Navarro 26
17. Azarenka 25
18. Makarova 26
19. Petkovic 27
20. V. Williams 34
21. Stosur 30
22. Kuznetsova 29
29. Zahlavova 28
30. Vinci 31
32. Dellacqua 29

I'd say Kvitova and Halep are the youngest in the top, outside the exceptional Bouchard. Most of these players grew after their 24th birthday.
Old Aug 31st, 2014, 11:56 AM   #14
country flag adrian_106

adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Absolutely. That's why Li Na won her first slam at 28 and second at 31.

Shitova
- 2011 Wimbledon, Year-end Championship, Fed Cup, 2014 Wimbledon -

Medical Timeoutivanovic
- 2008 French Open -
adrian_106 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2014, 12:01 PM   #15
country flag Mr Halep

Mr Halep has a reputation beyond repute Mr Halep has a reputation beyond repute Mr Halep has a reputation beyond repute Mr Halep has a reputation beyond repute Mr Halep has a reputation beyond repute Mr Halep has a reputation beyond repute Mr Halep has a reputation beyond repute Mr Halep has a reputation beyond repute Mr Halep has a reputation beyond repute Mr Halep has a reputation beyond repute Mr Halep has a reputation beyond repute

Petra is a law unto herself. I just adore her couldn't care less, lackadaisical attitude. Then, when I see her talent being squandered, it annoys me. Even after her victory at the Championships it was like, "whats the big deal"? I hope she never changes, but I'd love to see her fulfill her potential.