Wimbledon - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 30th, 2012, 08:38 PM   #61
country flag NYKiriFan

NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Wimbledon

Kiri looks awful, horrid in this 2nd set of doubles.
NYKiriFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 30th, 2012, 08:53 PM   #62
country flag NYKiriFan

NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light

Kiri looked a little better in the last game of the 2nd set but to avail. On to set 3. Will it be today?
Old Jun 30th, 2012, 08:58 PM   #63
country flag NYKiriFan

Nope. That's ridiculous they couldn't get this match in today. Wimbledon Monday is always a disaster in scheduling.
Old Jun 30th, 2012, 09:07 PM   #64
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYKiriFan View Post
Nope. That's ridiculous they couldn't get this match in today. Wimbledon Monday is always a disaster in scheduling.
I would like to say I am surprised but I am not. What a shame for Maria and Serena. Now they have this hanging over their heads until monday after their singles matches.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2012, 09:24 PM   #65
country flag NYKiriFan

Plus, if either Serena or Maria continue to advance in both events, they play singles & doubles on both Monday and Tuesday, right? I know it's true for singles. I assume the next round of doubles would also be Tuesday.
Old Jun 30th, 2012, 11:01 PM   #66
country flag watchdogfish
Vide cor meum

watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute

They really should play on the middle Sunday. Although, that tradition isn't as bad as the 11pm curfew
Old Jul 1st, 2012, 12:46 AM   #67
country flag YouGottaSeeHer

YouGottaSeeHer is an unknown quantity at this point

Thought she looked mightily impressive in her singles on Friday. Quarters looking a reasonable target for her this year.
YouGottaSeeHer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2012, 11:10 AM   #68
country flag peterlein

peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all

Quote:
Kiri looked a little better in the last game of the 2nd set but to avail. On to set 3. Will it be today?
.. she played horrible in the 2nd set?

so maybe it's better that they continue tomorrow, I am already suprised they won set 1 against williams/williams

too bad they couldn't win it in two..

...olympic bronze medalist...
peterlein is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2012, 11:18 AM   #69
country flag peterlein

peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouGottaSeeHer View Post
Thought she looked mightily impressive in her singles on Friday. Quarters looking a reasonable target for her this year.
welcome to the forum

oh yes, she really looked impressive, I haven't seen her to play so well since...hm the QF against big masha in indian wells..
if she continues like this, she really should have a chance to reach the QF

it seems she improved her game on grass, probably for the olympics too
and maybe her ankle is healed now, it gave her some troubles over the last month

Old Jul 1st, 2012, 12:21 PM   #70
country flag YouGottaSeeHer

YouGottaSeeHer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaKiri rulezzz View Post
welcome to the forum

oh yes, she really looked impressive, I haven't seen her to play so well since...hm the QF against big masha in indian wells..
if she continues like this, she really should have a chance to reach the QF

it seems she improved her game on grass, probably for the olympics too
and maybe her ankle is healed now, it gave her some troubles over the last month
Cheers, great to be on-board with some fellow Kiri-admirers.

She is indeed looking much improved, especially on this surface. A tough but winnable tie against Peng coming up - if she can re-produce a similar performance I don't see her having too many problems.

Radwanska in the QFs is where she'll probably come unstuck, but it'll do her ranking no harm and it'd be great to see Kiri pushing towards breaking into the top 10 for the first time.
YouGottaSeeHer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2012, 02:02 PM   #71
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Plus, if either Serena or Maria continue to advance in both events, they play singles & doubles on both Monday and Tuesday, right? I know it's true for singles. I assume the next round of doubles would also be Tuesday.
If Maria wins on monday that is just too much tennis for her on tuesday and tuesday would be a Wimbledon QF match which would be the most important match of her career. It's shame the All England Club still chooses to not play tennis on sundays because it's a setback for the schedule ever year. Especially if it's a rainy sercond week.

As for Maria apparently struggling in the second set against the Williams sisters in doubles that surprised me because it's usually Nadia who wilts. But let's be real the Williams sisters are by far the strongest women's doubles team of all time and it can't be easy playing against them even for a fine doubles player like Makiri.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2012, 02:23 PM   #72
MK Ultra

MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute

Nadia was still worse than Kiri, though.
MK Ultra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2012, 10:04 PM   #73
country flag peterlein

ok, round 4 is nearing, kiri will play on court 12 this time, it's scheduled as the 2nd match there:

Court 12

11:30 AM
Ladies' Singles - 4th Round
Tamira Paszek (AUT)
v
Roberta Vinci (ITA)[21]

Ladies' Singles - 4th Round
Maria Kirilenko (RUS)[17]
v
Shuai Peng (CHN)[30]

Gentlemen's Singles - 4th Round
Brian Baker (USA)
v
Philipp Kohlschreiber (GER)[27]

I think it will be a difficult and tight match, peng is having a tough year with some injuries, but she seems back on her way, so it's hard to give a prediction..

their H2H is 1-1, but they didn't meet since 2006 and they didn't meet on grass yet

if kiri plays and serves like she did in the previous matches, then I think she has good chances!

DAVAI MARIA, good luck

Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 01:46 PM   #74
country flag jimmy_the_greek
*TENNIS NSW PLAYER*

jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future

0-1
jimmy_the_greek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 01:47 PM   #75
country flag jimmy_the_greek
*TENNIS NSW PLAYER*

jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future

15-00
jimmy_the_greek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote