Wimbledon - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 28th, 2012, 08:10 AM   #31
country flag NYKiriFan

NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Wimbledon

Sure, I'd give her less than 50% chance of making the QFs, but she's still the favorite of these four. Looking at her Slams since 2010, she's won about 2/3 of her matches against players ranked in the 30-60 range -- that's three losses out of her last 10 Slam exits.

So yes, no reason to have overwhelming confidence she'll advance, but I'm not sure she's a lot worse than other players in the 15-25 rank range against this kind of favorable draw.
NYKiriFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 28th, 2012, 10:35 AM   #32
country flag peterlein

peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all

oh yeah you are right, her draw has really opened now!!
..who knows if and when she will get such a good opportunity again to reach a GS quarterfinal...

I am sure she knows that too, and I hope it won't give her too much pressure..
maria also should only see from match to match...

so next is sorana, who is leading 2-1 in their H2H...
so it's gonna be a very difficult match, so no comparison to the first two rounds imho

but she has a chance if she continues like she played so far in wimby...then you need some luck too on deciding points, so let's hope this time it will be on her side

and this time she really seems hungry after the frustrating last weeks (with the bad losses in singles and unlucky losses in doubles finals), which is good

...olympic bronze medalist...
peterlein is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2012, 08:02 PM   #33
country flag Vikkiri.

Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of

LET'S DO THIS KIRIIII
Vikkiri. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2012, 01:22 AM   #34
country flag peterlein

peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all

ok, I guess enough is said so far, let's just go on with round 3

maria will face sorana on court 18, it will be the 3rd match there.

Court 18
11:30 AM

Ladies' Doubles - 2nd Round
Lourdes Dominguez Lino (ESP) /
Carla Suarez Navarro(ESP)
v
Natalie Grandin (RSA)[11] /
Vladimira Uhlirova(CZE)[11]

Gentlemen's Singles - 3rd Round
Alejandro Falla (COL)
v
Denis Istomin (UZB)

Ladies' Singles - 3rd Round
Sorana Cirstea (ROU)
v
Maria Kirilenko (RUS)[17]

Gentlemen's Doubles - 1st Round
Mikhail Elgin (RUS) /
Denis Istomin(UZB)
v
Pablo Andujar (ESP) /
Guillermo Garcia-Lopez(ESP)

come on kiri, you can do it!! DAVAI

Old Jun 29th, 2012, 12:12 PM   #35
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to Makiri today against Cirstea. This is one of the biggest singles matches of Maria's career. If she wins she will have made the second week of all four grand slams in her career. With so many tough singles and doubles losses for Kiri lately a win today would be so sweet for her.

Too bad Kiri and Sorana have to play the last match on court 18 today. What a stupid schedule from the All England idiots. Maria's match should be first up not a women's doubles match. What the hell. Now Kiri and Cirstea have to wait all day to play and who knows how long the men's best of 5 set match will take.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2012, 05:42 PM   #36
country flag peterlein

match has started, and kiri just broke cirstea to take a *2-1 lead now hold please

Old Jun 29th, 2012, 05:49 PM   #37
country flag peterlein

both of them are holding, *3-2

Old Jun 29th, 2012, 05:57 PM   #38
country flag peterlein

..and it continues that way, *4-3, hold kiri!

Old Jun 29th, 2012, 06:00 PM   #39
country flag peterlein

yesss, she holds!! 5-3*, now break her for the first set

Old Jun 29th, 2012, 06:09 PM   #40
country flag peterlein

yeah and she DOES it, kiri breaks for 6-3 on her 3rd setpoint!!! set 1 was 47 minutes long, win it in two girl!!!

Old Jun 29th, 2012, 06:19 PM   #41
country flag peterlein

a very long first game in the 2nd set, but kiri holds!! 1-0*

Old Jun 29th, 2012, 06:21 PM   #42
country flag Libsonkova

Libsonkova is just really nice Libsonkova is just really nice Libsonkova is just really nice Libsonkova is just really nice Libsonkova is just really nice Libsonkova is just really nice Libsonkova is just really nice Libsonkova is just really nice Libsonkova is just really nice Libsonkova is just really nice Libsonkova is just really nice

Kiri is playing pretty good. So beautiful game!

http://robson-laura.skyrock.com/
Libsonkova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2012, 06:22 PM   #43
country flag peterlein

whoowhooo, kiri breaks for *2-0, now hold maria!

Old Jun 29th, 2012, 06:26 PM   #44
country flag peterlein

great hold from kiri after being down 15-30, it's 3-0* now! keep it up maria!!

Old Jun 29th, 2012, 06:30 PM   #45
country flag peterlein

maria is playing fantastic, another break for *4-0!! now hold again please