Wimbledon - Page 20 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 3rd, 2012, 09:58 PM   #286
country flag cosmoose

cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wimbledon

Kiri was the superior player but that doesn't mean much when Aga had all the luck in the world.
Seriously, aga should go buy a lottery ticket.

Check out Stefanie Vögele's facebook fanpage!
cosmoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 3rd, 2012, 10:00 PM   #287
country flag NYKiriFan

NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light

My goodness, if you told me Kiri would be +22 vs. +14 on Winners vs. UE, 1st serve speed 97 vs. 93, second serve speed 86 vs. 76, net points 62% vs. 54%, break points 42% vs. 33%, aces 9 vs. 5... and she still loses this match.
NYKiriFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2012, 10:00 PM   #288
country flag peterlein

peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all

such an unlucky loss, seriously, how should I be able to sleep tonight? I can't

...olympic bronze medalist...
peterlein is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2012, 10:05 PM   #289
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaKiri rulezzz View Post
such an unlucky loss, seriously, how should I be able to sleep tonight? I can't
You could always get wasted.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2012, 10:06 PM   #290
country flag YouGottaSeeHer

YouGottaSeeHer is an unknown quantity at this point

Really disappointing finish in the end. The angled net cord winner from Aga at 30-30, 4-5 did seem to prove a decisive moment as Kiri had started the better and looked like she might break. Then a really sloppy service game from Maria at 5-5, and that was the end of that.

Shame for it to just fizzle out so quickly, as she had played some brilliant stuff up to that point. Ah well, she's gotta feel pretty encouraged by her overall performance, to reach the second week of Wimbledon (well, QFs) for the first time is certainly something to build on - she's shown she has the game to do very well on grass. Should also bump her ranking up a few places. And of course she still has the doubles to focus on.

So unlucky, Kiri.
YouGottaSeeHer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2012, 10:22 PM   #291
country flag NYKiriFan

NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light

Tomorrow's schedule: finish vs. Williams sisters on Court 2, wait out a mixed doubles match, then play Bethanie & Sania. And who knows what the rain will do. They guarantee a start time after 1pm, I guess so Maria can recover from today's debacle.

Well at least Maria must be pretty used to stopping & starting play by now.

I'll be interested to see how she recovers.
NYKiriFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2012, 10:45 PM   #292
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

What the hell? WTF happened? People were saying the match was postponed until tomorrow now I come home from a couple of beers to see on The Tennis Channel that Kiri lost 7 - 5 in the third set. Again WTF? To say I am pissed off is an understatement. The way Maria was jerked around stopping at 4 - 4 in the third set was deporable. And I feel terrible not taping the rest of the match thinking it would be played tomorrow. The better player in this match lost today and the luckier player won. I do not want to see Radwanska make the final or win Wimbledon. That would be atrocious. Aga plays tennis that sets tennis back decades. Maria was the better tennis player today but Radwanska is a good match player. Poor Kiri. This is Serena's tournament to win or lose. That said it would have been great if Maria made the semi's. She was so close. F*cking weather and all the stops and starts.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg

Last edited by the cat : Jul 3rd, 2012 at 11:24 PM.
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2012, 10:55 PM   #293
country flag peterlein

peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by the cat View Post
What the hell? WTF happened? People were saying the match was postponed until tomorrow now I come home from a couple of beers to see on The Tennis Channel that Kiri lost 7 - 5 in the third set. Again WTF? To say I am pissed off is an understatement. The way Maria was jerked around stopping at 4 - 4 in the third set was depolarble. And I feel terrible not taping the rest of the match thinking it would be played tomorrow. The better player in this match lost today and the luckier player won. I do not want to see Radwanska make the final or win Wimbledon. That would be atrocious. Aga plays tennis that sets tennis back decades. Maria was the better tennis player today but Radwanska is a good match player. Poor Kiri. This is Serena's tournament to win or lose. That said it would have been great if Maria made the semi's. She was so close. F*cking weather and all the stops and starts.
aga and kiri wanted to finish their match tonight, so the officials decided to resume the match after vika-paszek on the centre court..

kiri came out on fire and continued to play how she did before, she hold her service easily to go up 5-4*
it was obvious who wanted it more, aga was very nervous and insecure at her following service game...kiri went up 15-30, and it looked really good!
I don't remember the next point, but at 30 all, aga was so lucky with the netcord again...it should have been 30-40 and MP kiri...instead it was 40-30 and aga took the game..
after that, kiri was mentally finished

Old Jul 3rd, 2012, 11:16 PM   #294
country flag peterlein

so while kiri should be in the singles semifinals, wimbledon is not yet over for her...

in doubles, she has finally to finish her match with nadia against the willams'

if they should win, they will get a little rest, and will play 3rd on the same court later

No. 2 Court

11:30 AM
Gentlemen's Doubles - 3rd Round
Robert Lindstedt (SWE)[5] /
Horia Tecau(ROU)[5]
vs
Steve Darcis (BEL) /
Olivier Rochus(BEL) To Finish 6-4

Not Before:1:00 PM
Ladies' Doubles - 2nd Round
Maria Kirilenko (RUS)[4] /
Nadia Petrova(RUS)[4]
vs
Serena Williams (USA) /
Venus Williams(USA) To Finish 6-3 3-6

Mixed Doubles - 3rd Round
Kenneth Skupski (GBR) /
Melanie South(GBR)
v
Nenad Zimonjic (SRB)[3] /
Katarina Srebotnik(SLO)[3]

Ladies' Doubles - 3rd Round
Maria Kirilenko(RUS)[4] /
Nadia Petrova(RUS)[4]
or
Serena Williams(USA) /
Venus Williams(USA)
v
Bethanie Mattek-Sands (USA)[13] /
Sania Mirza(IND)[13]

come on girls!! beat them, let us dream again maria

Old Jul 3rd, 2012, 11:21 PM   #295
country flag GoMasha23

GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice

I know how this match ended is very disappointing, however we need to be proud that she made it this far. This bodes very well for her confidence heading into the Olympics. Hopefully Kiri can make a good run in doubles.
GoMasha23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2012, 11:30 PM   #296
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
aga and kiri wanted to finish their match tonight, so the officials decided to resume the match after vika-paszek on the centre court..

kiri came out on fire and continued to play how she did before, she hold her service easily to go up 5-4*
it was obvious who wanted it more, aga was very nervous and insecure at her following service game...kiri went up 15-30, and it looked really good!
I don't remember the next point, but at 30 all, aga was so lucky with the netcord again...it should have been 30-40 and MP kiri...instead it was 40-30 and aga took the game..
after that, kiri was mentally finished
Thanks for the sad update. I am mad and sad for Makiri. But I truly hope she looks at Aga and thinks Aga is #3 in the world so I can be top top 5 too. Thsi tournament should motivate Maria to go for the top 10 and maybe even the top 5 soon.
I have been a fan of Maria's for 10 years and this is her tenth year on the WTA Tour and in 10 years she has had only 2 chances to make the semi's at a grand slam and lost both times. Today's match was crushing. The luckier player won and the better player lost. But that's tennis. I hope Kerber routs Radwanska.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

Old Jul 4th, 2012, 12:02 AM   #297
country flag peterlein

Quote:
Originally Posted by the cat View Post
Thanks for the sad update. I am mad and sad for Makiri. But I truly hope she looks at Aga and thinks Aga is #3 in the world so I can be top top 5 too. Thsi tournament should motivate Maria to go for the top 10 and maybe even the top 5 soon.
I have been a fan of Maria's for 10 years and this is her tenth year on the WTA Tour and in 10 years she has had only 2 chances to make the semi's at a grand slam and lost both times. Today's match was crushing. The luckier player won and the better player lost. But that's tennis. I hope Kerber routs Radwanska.
you are welcome! I am still totally down after this day with all these up and downs, and that unlucky and tough loss at the end
...but it's great to have other makiri fans here to speak about the feelings with them it already makes me feel a bit better now...
and yes, I also think this wimbledon could give maria a huge career-boost, now she knows that she can challenge top 3 players. I do really hope so, and I think she still can have a deep run also in the doubles at wimby, once they beat the williams sisters. And they can, they just need to play how they did in the first set

Old Jul 4th, 2012, 01:32 AM   #298
the cat

Quote:
you are welcome! I am still totally down after this day with all these up and downs, and that unlucky and tough loss at the end
...but it's great to have other makiri fans here to speak about the feelings with them it already makes me feel a bit better now...
and yes, I also think this wimbledon could give maria a huge career-boost, now she knows that she can challenge top 3 players. I do really hope so, and I think she still can have a deep run also in the doubles at wimby, once they beat the williams sisters. And they can, they just need to play how they did in the first set
As sad as I am about this brutal loss in the biggest match of Maria's career I hope she has gotten a career boost out of this. Masha should make the top 10 at some point in her career. But she needs to beleive that she should be there. I was more impressed with Maria than Aga today and I was more impressed with Lisicki than Kerber. A Kirilenko / Lisicki semifinal would have been explosive and fun. But we get Kerber / Radwanska instead. Kerber and Radwanska played safer and managed to win their matches. What s shame.

The only thing that makes Kiri's tough loss today acceptable is that Serena is in the draw and she is going to win the title with the unbelievable way she is serving. If Serena wasn't still in the draw this loss would hurt even worse that it does.

Old Jul 4th, 2012, 07:54 AM   #299
country flag Remix13

Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of

I really believed she could win at 5-4* and 30-30 then 40-40, but Aga had the decisive luck with the net. Maria's mental really blew up after that with only UE, that was not a great way to end the match...

Too bad, it's unlikely she has such an opportunity soon
Old Jul 4th, 2012, 08:14 AM   #300
country flag sheeta
Lifetime Member

sheeta is just really nice sheeta is just really nice sheeta is just really nice sheeta is just really nice sheeta is just really nice sheeta is just really nice sheeta is just really nice sheeta is just really nice sheeta is just really nice sheeta is just really nice sheeta is just really nice

She already did her best, and it's awesome to see her fought until the end. The luck isn't on her side. Nothing I can say, it's just a pitiful that she couldn't win. Poor Kiri

Victoria Azarenka Maria Kirilenko Petra Kvitová Angelique Kerber Simona Halep
sheeta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote