Wimbledon - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 03:48 PM   #181
country flag peterlein

peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all
Re: Wimbledon

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, win for maria, WIMBLEDON QUARTERFINAL!!! 6-1, 6-7 and 6-3 for Kiri!!!

what a trhilling match, I am down! But so happy

...olympic bronze medalist...
peterlein is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 04:00 PM   #182
country flag MH0861

MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute

So thrilled
MH0861 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 04:01 PM   #183
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

This is easily one of the biggest wins of Maria's career today. A very sweet win too when she had a good chance to win it in straight sets.

In reality this was a clutch win for Makiri over Peng. Well done Maria. Masha deserved this win and was the better player today according to the statistics. I only wish Kiri won in straight sets because now she has to finsih her doubles match today against the Williams sisters and then play Radwanksa tomorrow. This is asking alot of Maria who had a tough and emotionally draining singles match today.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 04:07 PM   #184
country flag NYKiriFan

NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light

Hooray Maria

I had to mute the ESPN3 announcers who kept repeating that Kiri had lost all the momentum and would be unable to recover
NYKiriFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 04:29 PM   #185
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYKiriFan View Post
Hooray Maria

I had to mute the ESPN3 announcers who kept repeating that Kiri had lost all the momentum and would be unable to recover
Really what announcers were they? Glad Kiri recovered after the tough second set loss. She played a fine match.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 04:30 PM   #186
country flag GoMasha23

GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice

so happy she got the win. I really thought after the second set that she would loose. She was so passive in the second set. She needs to play more aggressive next round.
GoMasha23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 04:39 PM   #187
country flag YouGottaSeeHer

YouGottaSeeHer is an unknown quantity at this point

Smashing win. Absolutely delighted for Kiri. QUARTERS AT WIMBLEDON!!
YouGottaSeeHer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 04:44 PM   #188
country flag whoaduh

whoaduh is just really nice whoaduh is just really nice whoaduh is just really nice whoaduh is just really nice whoaduh is just really nice whoaduh is just really nice whoaduh is just really nice whoaduh is just really nice whoaduh is just really nice whoaduh is just really nice whoaduh is just really nice

Quote:
Hooray Maria

Hey I had to do the same thing. They seemed very anti-Maria.
whoaduh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 05:22 PM   #189
country flag NYKiriFan

NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by the cat View Post
Really what announcers were they? Glad Kiri recovered after the tough second set loss. She played a fine match.
Doug Adler was color. He was annoying as soon as he opened his mouth, calling Kiri the new Kournikova, though he couldn't remember Kournikova's name. In the second set, every single point was just a huge MOMENTUM SWING because he had nothing better to say. When Kiri lost the second set, he was just convinced Kiri would lose, and he kept pushing that theory all the way through. The play-by-play guy, who also did Kiri's last match solo, was okay.
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 06:49 PM   #190
the cat

Quote:
Doug Adler was color. He was annoying as soon as he opened his mouth, calling Kiri the new Kournikova, though he couldn't remember Kournikova's name. In the second set, every single point was just a huge MOMENTUM SWING because he had nothing better to say. When Kiri lost the second set, he was just convinced Kiri would lose, and he kept pushing that theory all the way through. The play-by-play guy, who also did Kiri's last match solo, was okay.
Thanks for the info. I'm not familiar with Doug Adler. I guess I'm lucky.

Looks like no doubles for Kiri today. She's still in the second round of doubles. Atleast now Maria can focus on Radwanska and her fine game and try to figure out ways to disrupt Aga. Aga is #3 in the world and she's playing great at Wimbledon. Radwanska is not even playing close matches this Wimbledon. She is cruising. Makiri must make Aga worry about a possible loss so she recall memories of Maria beating her at the 2009 U.S. Open in a very tough match. Masha really has everything to gain in this match. Aga must win this match or she will look bad as the world #3 so the pressure is her. Hopefully that kind of pressure will hurt Aga's game tomorrow.

Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 06:55 PM   #191
country flag Remix13

Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of

Great victory for Maria, after 2nd set loss I thought she would lose the match but she finally prevailed !!

Now I hope she does her best against Aga.

Speaking about Kournikova, if Kiri manage to get one day in top 10 like her, she would totally outclass Anna because she is as hot as her and Maria has won tournaments
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 07:14 PM   #192
country flag NYKiriFan

In fairness, subsequent chatter suggested he made the comparison because Kirilenko was dating Ovechkin, and then mentioned how Kournikova had dated Federov. But comparing someone to Kournikova is more often than not a negative statement about quality of one's tennis play being inferior to one's media attention.

Of course, Kournikova's most distinguished tennis achievement was her Wimbledon semifinal appearance, so I'll be happy if Kiri can live up to that part of the comparison.

As for the doubles, yuck. So some third round doubles matches are finished even before the 2nd round Kiri/Petrova vs. Williams/Williams. Just absurd.
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 07:36 PM   #193
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Since when does Kiri love grass? Pam Shriver said that a bit ago on Espn 2.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 07:39 PM   #194
country flag peterlein

peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all

oh yeah my friends, after the second set I also thought se would lose it.. I must admit that I was so angry because of that rain delay, because it nearly ruined her wimby QF

but a lot of credit to maria, to change momentum again after that tough 2nd set!
I mean, she was broken twice, and twice she managed to get back on serve! Even in the tiebreak she was down 2-5 or something, but also there she came back to 6-6 on her own service, saving some setpoints! There she showed what a big fighter she is, and at this point, I really thought she would win it in straight sets....then shuai played really good again (as almost over the whole 2nd set), hitting the ball clean, and always right on the lines..
and so shuai won the tiebreak, and kiri could have been mentally down after all those great comebacks without happy end.
But she started to be more aggressive again, like she was in the 1st set.
Maria had a break-opportunity already at shuai's first service game. She couldn't convert it, but you had the impression that she mentally is still full in the match!
It was crucial then to finally break (after wasting two bp's first) in the 5th game for a *3-2 lead, I think that was the deciding moment for kiri's win!
From that on, maria wasn't in danger to give it away again, staying very aggressive and focused, well done!

now comes aga, and I guess kiri has nothing to lose, no kind of pressure for her! quarterfinal is already more than ever expected, considering the tough last month

...olympic bronze medalist...

Last edited by peterlein : Jul 2nd, 2012 at 07:46 PM.
peterlein is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 08:23 PM   #195
country flag NYKiriFan

Kiri vs. Radwanska is 2nd match on Court 1 tomorrow, following the conclusion of Murray-Cilic (7-5, 3-1). Probably it'll be the first women's QF to start.

God only knows when the doubles match will finish up.